• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdcownersBS (resized).png
IMG_1159 (resized).jpg
IMG_5045 (resized).JPG

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My magnet must not be working because my bell keeps swinging after I hit it ... long enough for me to try to time my next shot to get past the bell. I'm not successful on most occasions.

It allows the bell to swing alot depending on the scenario.

Simply test the magnet in the coil test by swinging the bell and firing the coil and look for change.

#52 7 years ago

This might have been discussed before... Why is it such a big secret for Stern to keep their production numbers?
I know Addams Family touts; "hooray for us! Highest number sold." So, why the secret? What's the big deal?

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My magnet must not be working because my bell keeps swinging after I hit it ... long enough for me to try to time my next shot to get past the bell. I'm not successful on most occasions.

I'm quite sure the magnet is never used to stop the bell. It will pulse to swing the bell (as though you hit it) if you hit your VIP pass during Hell's Bells.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

This might have been discussed before... Why is it such a big secret for Stern to keep their production numbers?
I know Addams Family touts; "hooray for us! Highest number sold." So, why the secret? What's the big deal?

Because:

1. there's no benefit to them in releasing those numbers
2. It creates a perceived obligation to release numbers for all their past and future games.
3. People would badger them for updated numbers constantly.
4. The numbers could potentially be used by detractors who want to attack them or complain about various things.

Even if you think #4 is a minor issue and not a likely possibility, why incur even a remote risk with no obvious benefit to your business?

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Because:
1. there's no benefit to them in releasing those numbers

What was the benefit when numbers were routinely released? Or did production numbers only come out after companies folded?

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What was the benefit when numbers were routinely released? Or did production numbers only come out after companies folded?

Insider info... it wasn't published like marketing

#57 7 years ago

OK, I'm going to be honest. I have have only seen 4 , but I can't confirm that there aren't a few more out there.

#58 7 years ago

If they are selling 15,000 of a game and the numbers were released, you would bet their would be more completion being made. I am sure if a company is seriously thinking of making pinball machines they probably have a pretty good idea of how many are being made. But not publishing numbers makes it easier to limit completion.

I know 15,000 is an exaggeration, just a number to use in an example.

#59 7 years ago

I run a private company and I don't feel the need to share my numbers with anyone.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Why is it such a big secret for Stern to keep their production numbers?

If the actual numbers were known, then they would have to pay out more licensing fees.

#61 7 years ago

The better question that no one can answer is "How many are left out there?" With floods, tornados, accidental damage over the years, if I was thinking of buying a machine, I would wonder how many are left ... how rare are they today? Guessing only 1-5% are trashed, but if only 500 LEs were made, maybe only 475 remain ... or less. We will never really know.

#62 7 years ago

I feel like LoTR was a high seller for them as well; or maybe that's just my perception. I feel like just about every arcade in every bowling alley or movie theater around me has had the game in there. I've seen quite a few PoTC as well, but not as many AC/DC games.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I feel like LoTR was a high seller for them as well; or maybe that's just my perception. I feel like just about every arcade in every bowling alley or movie theater around me has had the game in there. I've seen quite a few PoTC as well, but not as many AC/DC games.

LOTR and POTC were Stern's best sellers until AC/DC...but they were also in an era with more games on route. Way more AC/DC's went directly into homes vs. route...plus, keep in mind how many sold overseas - especially in Australia.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The better question that no one can answer is "How many are left out there?" With floods, tornados, accidental damage over the years, if I was thinking of buying a machine, I would wonder how many are left ... how rare are they today? Guessing only 1-5% are trashed, but if only 500 LEs were made, maybe only 475 remain ... or less. We will never really know.

yeah like that BIBLE that got trash in transit. eek!

#65 7 years ago

Whatever the number is, and i know its pretty high, there haven't been many premiums/les for sale over the past year or so.

#66 7 years ago

Even less pros for sale!

#67 7 years ago

I think there were quite a few TSPPs as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ayr, ON
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-how-many-acdcs-got-made/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.