• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdcownersBS (resized).png
IMG_1159 (resized).jpg
IMG_5045 (resized).JPG

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

all ACDC including pro/pre/le/bible/luci etc

anyone have a decent idea? 5000? 10,000?

#2 7 years ago

no

#3 7 years ago

Only Stern knows...

#4 7 years ago

Well, that was a quick thread.

#5 7 years ago

If I was guessing 3/3.5k.... And thats just a guess

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

If I was guessing 3/3.5k.... And thats just a guess

How can you guess when no one has a clue? LOL

#7 7 years ago

I've played at least a dozen of them so more than that for sure!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I've played at least a dozen of them so more than that for sure!

Lol. Well I've owned 2 and know of at least 6 other guys that also own them. One guy owns 3.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

How can you guess when no one has a clue? LOL

Just going with 200 LTBR, 300 BIBLE, 175 LUCI, and maybe 750 to 1000 pro and premium on three different runs.

Just taking a guess.....LOL

#10 7 years ago

I have seen at least 4

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have seen at least 4

That's probably the number that were made, then. Yzfguy knows his shit.

#12 7 years ago

IMG_5045 (resized).JPGIMG_5045 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

My game is a first run pro reads #464 of 500 does the second run go from 1 to 500 or from 501 to 1000 I do not know

#14 7 years ago

Premium - 6750
Pro - 935

Comparing the number of owners on Pinside to number of games produced/planned for top 15 (if production info available). Using the average percentage of owners registering and comparing to owners of AC/DC.

#15 7 years ago

No one knows for certain but based on http://www.ipsnd.net/ numbers, probably MORE than 1K premiums, but less than 10K.

#16 7 years ago

Stern had a big party celebrating that ACDC had become their best seller. It's been estimated their previous best sellers were POTC and LOTR at around 7000-8000 units. So, even without the actual numbers - you can get a good estimate. Some way-to-low guesses so far.

#17 7 years ago

All I know is they didn't make enough. I still don't have one and would like to buy one.

#18 7 years ago

IMG_1159 (resized).jpgIMG_1159 (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

Steve Ritchie said that "AC/DC is the largest selling MODERN Stern game ever".

Since the largest selling classic Stern game was Meteor @ 8,000 units, we know it's less than that.

Had Steve said "Largest selling Stern game ever" we would know it was more than 8,000.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Steve Ritchie said that "AC/DC is the largest selling MODERN Stern game ever".
Since the largest selling classic Stern game was Meteor @ 8,000 units, we know it's less than that.
Had Steve said "Largest selling Stern game ever" we would know it was more than 8,000.

Not necessarily. By saying "modern", that excludes older games entirely from comparison.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not necessarily. By saying "modern", that excludes older games entirely from comparison.

Exactly.

Steve is no dummy.

If it had sold more 8,000 units, Steve would have said "Largest selling Stern ever".

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Sleaterkiss:

Premium - 6750
Pro - 935
Comparing the number of owners on Pinside to number of games produced/planned for top 15 (if production info available). Using the average percentage of owners registering and comparing to owners of AC/DC.

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of those that own those fake green Franken-WOZzes and say that I KNEW the pro would be worth more money one day! It's SO rare!

#23 7 years ago

thanks fellas - i'll put 7500 in my table then, alongside these other numbers (averaging from previous threads)

TSPP ~6000
LOTR ~6000
SOP ~3000
POTC ~6000
FGUY ~2500
SM ~5000
BTDK ~3000
ACDC ~7500

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

thanks fellas - i'll put 7500 in my table then, alongside these other numbers (averaging from previous threads)
TSPP ~6000
LOTR ~6000
SOP ~3000
POTC ~6000
FGUY ~2500
SM ~5000
BTDK ~3000
ACDC ~7500

Almost looks like a price list

#25 7 years ago

I'll take a FGUY for $2500 then!

(does that number include Shreks?)

#26 7 years ago

we can all guess what we want , if they made 1 or they made a million , we'll never know , as mentioned above only uncle Gary knows

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Almost looks like a price list

With some good deals!

#28 7 years ago

What do you think the % break down is between pro and premium on a typical stern pin?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

TSPP ~6000
LOTR ~6000
SOP ~3000
POTC ~6000
FGUY ~2500
SM ~5000
BTDK ~3000
ACDC ~7500

Sorry but what is the point of this list? Its a guess. Posting guesses like this is how rumors become facts. Its fun to stipulate, but please keep these things to yourself or in 5-10 years people are going to be spewing this bull as gospel.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sorry but what is the point of this list? Its a guess. Posting guesses like this is how rumors become facts. Its fun to stipulate, but please keep these things to yourself or in 5-10 years people are going to be spewing this bull as gospel.

75% of those numbers are correct.
35% are guesses
9 out of 10 dentists recommend Colgate.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

All I know is they didn't make enough. I still don't have one and would like to buy one.

psst That's cause us Aussie's got em all

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

well, i'm sorry to upset you. it is fun to speculate, yes, but most of these numbers come from a meta-analysis of several sources like podcast interviews with designers, analysis of serial numbers, and scouring threads in multiple forums on the subject. none of it needs to be quoted as facts, when i say ~3000 that means i saw someone say 2000, someone else says 3500, another says 3000 (for example). i'm reasonably confident that the numbers i wrote down aren't any of them a million miles away, they're all plus or minus 50%.

i find it interesting, i like to have a card for each of my pins with details of boards, ROMs, designers and artists, easter eggs and tidbits etc. you don't have to quote me, it's just a friendly discussion in a public forum. the fewest-produced game in my collection is 510 Godzillas.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Sleaterkiss:

Premium - 6750
Pro - 935

Does this take into account the "Invader78" variable?

Pinside claims 1,217 premium/LE owners in their collection, but Invader78 claims he owns 369, putting the more accurate number at 848

Pro owners at 168.

If your Pro number was correct at 935, then their should be (848/168=5.05) 5.05 times more premium/LE owners at 4,722.

Also I would think the ratio of pro to premium/LE to be higher on Pinside then real life. The reason for that, is I think a collecter is more likely to purchase a premium/LE, and is also more likely to keep up with their collection on this site. I think an operator is more likely to purchase a pro, and is less likely to keep his game inventory accurate on Pinside.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Invader78 claims he owns 369,

What does this mean?

#35 7 years ago

Think it's crazy there's more premiums than pros.

Wish I had either kept my premium, or that I could find a cheap pro. Like both versions of the game.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What does this mean?

acdcownersBS (resized).pngacdcownersBS (resized).png

#37 7 years ago

Ok. Lol. Invader78 stockpiling a few ACDC's. Gonna be upset when the "VE" comes out.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok. Lol. Invader78 stockpiling a few ACDC's. Gonna be upset when the "VE" comes out.

I LOLed. Reported it as a bug since ideally blocked/banned accounts should be removed from owners lists. I suppose limiting a user to one copy of any game might be useful in some sense? Obviously you can own more than one. Maybe a lot of operators want to list multiple locations to play their games?

Edit: Robin already fixed the bug.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Think it's crazy there's more premiums than pros.
Wish I had either kept my premium, or that I could find a cheap pro. Like both versions of the game.

It came out before prices went completely apeshit. You could get a Premium shipped for less than $6k. That & the giant Angus face drove people to the Premium. I feel like AC/DC Premium had WAAAAAY more differences than the Premiums that came after it. Compared to the Pro, AC/DC Premium had:

-All LEDs (until the LED Pro)
-Swinging bell (until the LED Pro)
-Color changing GI (first time on a Stern)
-Some Color changing inserts (first time on a Stern)
-AC/DC drop targets
-TNT drop targets, revealing a standup
-TNT plunger movement
-Dancing band
-Crossover ramp
-Lower playfield
-Molded train
-"Highway to Hell" flickering fire on the right ramp
-Red Powdercoated Trim

Am I forgetting anything? For most, ACDC Prem was just such a better more complete experience, and you felt like you were definitely getting your money's worth for the cost difference.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Am I forgetting anything?

I think you got it all

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

all ACDC including pro/pre/le/bible/luci etc
anyone have a decent idea? 5000? 10,000?

You might try sending a PM to Pinsider, Iceman5000. I recall a few years ago he wrote that there was some sort of formal announcement internal to Stern, where his Son worked, that AC/DC had become it's best seller of some sort. I don't remember if it was some period of time, modern era, or what.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Am I forgetting anything?

12" sub. Pro had an 8".

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

12" sub. Pro had an 8".

Extra sex appeal.

#44 7 years ago

Pretty sure it's AC/DC then POTC sales wise. We just aren't exposed to POTC as much since pinheads don't like the code. Just like someone in NYC might be shocked how popular country music is.

#45 7 years ago

I wonder if Metallica is close to over taking AC/DC in numbers built.. 4 years on the line now

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It came out before prices went completely apeshit. You could get a Premium shipped for less than $6k. That & the giant Angus face drove people to the Premium. I feel like AC/DC Premium had WAAAAAY more differences than the Premiums that came after it. Compared to the Pro, AC/DC Premium had:
-AC/DC drop targets
-TNT plunger movement
-Dancing band
-Crossover ramp
-Lower playfield
-Molded train
-Red Powdercoated Trim
Am I forgetting anything? For most, ACDC Prem was just such a better more complete experience, and you felt like you were definitely getting your money's worth for the cost difference.

It sold very well in Australia and from memory the Aussie dollar was close to parity with the usd which made it a good deal over here.
I recall it being promoted as a super model due to being so packed with goodies.

#47 7 years ago

79 LE models through the Australian distributor plus at least one extra parallel import LE version that I know of personally.

The parallel import version had a cheaper landed to door price than the Aussie distributor official price which makes the distribution model we have here in Australia quite absurd and not that much of a deal at all when comparable to US pricing at the time.

Quoted from Rarehero:

$8250AU plus shipping ex Sydney for Premiums here and we were trading well above the US dollar at the time. Gotta love a local monopoly.

Operator sales really boosted the Pro figures down here as the entry level Pro was just under $6kAU at the time and ops had the spiel played out to them that this was the shot in the arm that onsite pinball needed with a "cheap" entry level pin to draw the crowds - i.e. the next Addams Family for earnings.

Most of them ended up moving them on in the 4-5 range in the next few months. Ebay was full of them at the time.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-AC/DC drop targets
-TNT plunger movement
-Dancing band
-Crossover ramp
-Lower playfield
-Molded train
-Red Powdercoated Trim

Magnet under the bell. The fact that you omitted this speaks to how terribly underutilized that magnet is.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Magnet under the bell. The fact that you omitted this speaks to how terribly underutilized that magnet is.

? It's sole purpose is to move/stop the bell.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

? It's sole purpose is to move/stop the bell.

My magnet must not be working because my bell keeps swinging after I hit it ... long enough for me to try to time my next shot to get past the bell. I'm not successful on most occasions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-how-many-acdcs-got-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.