(Topic ID: 224357)

Anyone know Flippers arcade in Outer Banks NC?

By Rdoyle1978

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66E49873-DA62-4C2D-86D7-25E19FAF434F (resized).jpeg
    4151C00E-F2AC-4F97-A5E0-31B084862EDC (resized).jpeg
    7908AB9E-2E5E-4C8F-8431-DDFBD2D107CE (resized).jpeg
    50E09CCB-A15D-4B26-A81F-5CE0737906FB (resized).jpeg
    19DE572E-B009-4930-999C-1DF980D5F392 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

Just entered Duck NC and we saw this place passing by - any reviews? Looks pretty great from the photos, but I also saw some online reviews trashing the place for having lots of non-working games. What’s the deal?

#2 5 years ago

Incredible collection of games

#3 5 years ago

Place is awesome.

#4 5 years ago

I’m going down to Duck in September for a week and would love to stop by. Looking forward to stopping by, I’ve never been. If you go, let us know how your liked it.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’m going down to Duck in September for a week and would love to stop by. I’ve never been, if you go, let us know how your liked it.

You got a deal! It’s not a lock, we are with another family but I’m gonna do my best!

How’s the maintenance there ? Most games working ok?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You got a deal! It’s not a lock, we are with another family but I’m gonna do my best!
    How’s the maintenance there ? Most games working ok?

We were just there a few weeks ago and everything was operating well. The back room where many of the older machines are located may not all be turned on but you are welcome to turn them on. There is usually a sign that says this.

One of my favorite locations!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

We were just there a few weeks ago and everything was operating well. The back room where many of the older machines are located may not all be turned on but you are welcome to turn them on. There is usually a sign that says this.
    One of my favorite locations!

That is bad ass. Thanks guys!!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is bad ass. Thanks guys!!

I think all the new stuff is LE's.

#9 5 years ago

We go to OBX every year. My Tuesday morning ritual is to get up at 7am, go to Duck donuts, drive to Flippers and" invest" 10 bucks. They have all the new games and the older classics including BBB. Games are always in good condition. Go early like I do before every one gets up. Back by 10am. No one is the wiser. We are going in two weeks. Have a great time!!!

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

We go to OBX every year. My Tuesday morning ritual is to get up at 7am, go to Duck donuts, drive to Flippers and" invest" 10 bucks. They have all the new games and the older classics including BBB. Games are always in good condition. Go early like I do before every one gets up. Back by 10am. No one is the wiser. We are going in two weeks. Have a great time!!!

I do the same, but bring the kids. They love all the redemption games and have the world's most inexpensive laser tag area for them too ($6 for 2 games).

Great lineup at Flippers, if you want to call it that. There's really too many pins to call it a lineup. It's a battalion.

#11 5 years ago

Dude, the place is a no-brainer. You have to go. Fantastic place with tons of A titles in great shape every time I've been. If you get pushback from family, just pretend you are stopping for gas.

#12 5 years ago

You should definitely duck in!
    Only place I’ve played Big Bang Bar.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I think all the new stuff is LE's.

Holy crap

#14 5 years ago

#15 5 years ago

Awesome place. Had a Hercules in recent years. BBB. Many new games. Color DMD. Mario Kart arcade. Joust pinball. Plan to spend a bit of time ☺ Machines are well kept. It's an amusement operator, not sure were else they operate machines but really nice machines at Flippers.

#16 5 years ago

This is in grandy,nc about 30 min from the wright memorial. Probably the best arcade I’ve ever visited for pinball. Must go

#17 5 years ago

OUT. STANDING place. Absolutely out of control great. Even got our non-gamer friends to have a good time!

I got to play the brand new Deadpool (real fun - SUPER cool ramps, overall not bad, still like IMDN better), got some time on a Big Bang Bar (... not for me, I guess), Goldeneye (where has this been hiding all my life!), an AMAZING beautiful, FAST Flash Gordon, IMDN of course, Batman 66 (I liked it! I was shocked!) and a bunch of other incredibly-maintained games. I struck up a great conversation with Ed who does the maintenance. That guy knows his stuff - those games were immaculate. And I mean real immaculate, not Baywatch-Imamaculate! The EMs were in outstanding condition, working great (I played an old Bally Wizard that was super fun). I can't remember the other stuff - just incredible, incredible machines and fun place. The kids had a great time with the damn redemption machines, and fun was had by all. We went fairly early in the day, so it was not crowded, but I could tell as we drove past that it does get crowded quick!

10/10 amazing place

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

OUT. STANDING place. Absolutely out of control great. Even got our non-gamer friends to have a good time!
    I got to play the brand new Deadpool (real fun - SUPER cool ramps, overall not bad, still like IMDN better), got some time on a Big Bang Bar (... not for me, I guess), Goldeneye (where has this been hiding all my life!), an AMAZING beautiful, FAST Flash Gordon, IMDN of course, Batman 66 (I liked it! I was shocked!) and a bunch of other incredibly-maintained games. I struck up a great conversation with Ed who does the maintenance. That guy knows his stuff - those games were immaculate. And I mean real immaculate, not Baywatch-Imamaculate! The EMs were in outstanding condition, working great (I played an old Bally Wizard that was super fun). I can't remember the other stuff - just incredible, incredible machines and fun place. The kids had a great time with the damn redemption machines, and fun was had by all. We went fairly early in the day, so it was not crowded, but I could tell as we drove past that it does get crowded quick!
    10/10 amazing place

Nice!!’ Glad you had fun. I’m going next week! Ive never been and I’m excited

1 week later
    #19 5 years ago

I hope it survives the storm.

#20 5 years ago

Flippers is inland a little bit and I bet it will be ok. Maybe they'll lose their sign again as they have in the past.

The house I rented that's literally OVER the sand dunes for November and the Flippers OBX Fall tournament?

Hmmm...not so sure about that one.

#21 5 years ago

They should be ok except for potential flooding - man that would suck. I’m gonna send Ed a message today and check in.

#22 5 years ago

Haven’t been since woz was a prototype but that place is awesome. I too hope they are ok with the storm.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just entered Duck NC and we saw this place passing by - any reviews? Looks pretty great from the photos, but I also saw some online reviews trashing the place for having lots of non-working games. What’s the deal?

The place is great...wrote this awhile back:

http://gameroomblog.com/guides/the-pinball-mecca-of-the-outer-banks

If you want another place with a bit more pinball machine, but also near the beach and in a vacation area consider The Pinball Palace:

http://gameroomblog.com/features/pinball-palace

#24 5 years ago

I love Flippers .... Pinball Flippers I really dont care for

#25 5 years ago

Was checking in on the status of Flippers during the hurricane. Great place to go. I stop by there every time we are in the outer banks. Hope they are okay.

#26 5 years ago

Sounds like they dodged a bullet. You know it's a miss when the best stuff the media can dig up are overturned lawn furniture and sandy roads. Thank goodnees!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sounds like they dodged a bullet. You know it's a miss when the best stuff the media can dig up are overturned lawn furniture and sandy roads. Thank goodnees!

For sure. I’ll take it!

#28 5 years ago

Just went to Flippers in Outer Banks, NC. Wow what a great selection of amazing pins! If you’re ever in the area, definitely check then out. All the pins I played were in great condition and they’ve got some rare titles too

19DE572E-B009-4930-999C-1DF980D5F392 (resized).jpeg19DE572E-B009-4930-999C-1DF980D5F392 (resized).jpeg4151C00E-F2AC-4F97-A5E0-31B084862EDC (resized).jpeg4151C00E-F2AC-4F97-A5E0-31B084862EDC (resized).jpeg50E09CCB-A15D-4B26-A81F-5CE0737906FB (resized).jpeg50E09CCB-A15D-4B26-A81F-5CE0737906FB (resized).jpeg66E49873-DA62-4C2D-86D7-25E19FAF434F (resized).jpeg66E49873-DA62-4C2D-86D7-25E19FAF434F (resized).jpeg7908AB9E-2E5E-4C8F-8431-DDFBD2D107CE (resized).jpeg7908AB9E-2E5E-4C8F-8431-DDFBD2D107CE (resized).jpeg

#29 5 years ago

That place rules! Looks like they moved Deadpool to make more
    Room for Pirates. Awesome collection. They even have a Cactus Canyon, a Star Wars Battle Pod, and the most
    Immaculate Flash Gordon I’ve ever seen

1 week later
    #31 5 years ago

Yeah I love this place. Always stop in when in OBX! Hopefully it's ok after the storm. Can anyone confirm?

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisel:

Yeah I love this place. Always stop in when in OBX! Hopefully it's ok after the storm. Can anyone confirm?

Apparently it's just fine.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisel:

Stopped by last Saturday, Everything is fine, no damage from hurricane or flooding.

#34 5 years ago

Damn I go pass every summer on way to OBX. Now I definitely have to stop in there next year.

1 month later
    #35 5 years ago

We stop by every summer on the way to OBX. We stop again on our way back home. Plus on Monday night they have a tournament, that's were I head while the family goes and does the hole in one thing. Winner of tournament has bragging rights.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-flippers-arcade-in-outer-banks-nc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.