11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Trjtw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Anyone know Arcades R Run in NJ. Need references on this company. Anyone deal with them. I will do a google search.

#2 11 years ago

Jack's a good guy and deals in a solid product. I've played one of his machines and was very impressed.

I've never bought a machine from him but have had a few dealings with him and he's always been very easy to communicate with.

#3 11 years ago

Looks to me like hes selling, grey and black market MAME Cab's and such.. That's a questionable business on its own

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Looks to me like hes selling, grey and black market MAME Cab's and such.. That's a questionable business on its own

He doesn't provide Roms or any illegal software. He clearly states that on his Ebay site so people understand what he is selling. NOT a questionable business practice on that end, if that is what you are alluring to.

He is one of the few vendors that license Hyper-spin and Emumovies from the authors. I know that for a fact. Again, on the up and up there.

There are many computer software compilation packages as you really don't even need Mame to run them on his cabs. There are also newer games that are perfect for a cab that you can purchase that are better than anything in Mame.

I realize that most people put Mame on their cabs that they have bought from him, but as long as he doesn't do it, that is not his responsibility. That would be like blaming a shooting on the gun maker, or bad posts on the keyboard manufacturer.

I have bought a control panel from him and he did an excellent job. The trackball is recessed under the art on his control panels so you don't see a mounting plate. He has been around long enough and his cabinets are built well.

4 years later
    #5 7 years ago

Jack stole close to 5k from me. Total scumbag. He will take your money and not deliver.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-arcades-r-fun-in-nj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.