(Topic ID: 295799)

Anyone know anything about old paper money?

By SNES

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JethroP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

560B5C7A-DFF1-4771-9944-3CBB0FD8BDA7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SNES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey everyone!

I was at my grandma’s house today and she gave me some really old paper money. Any chance anyone here knows how much this stuff might be worth? She is potentially interested in selling, but we have no idea if it’s worth anything or not. Any advice would be really cool. Thank you!

560B5C7A-DFF1-4771-9944-3CBB0FD8BDA7 (resized).jpeg560B5C7A-DFF1-4771-9944-3CBB0FD8BDA7 (resized).jpeg
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Search Ebay, especially completed auctions.
I doubt they have much value, if any.
LTG : )

I only found a couple of them on eBay and they were pretty tattered and sold for like $70 each. I thought the same as what you said, not worth anything, but I’m thinking they may actually have some value.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The Canadian ones on the right aren’t that old, those were the bills of my childhood. Interesting to read about the banks that issued those other Canadian bills, never heard about them.
https://www.coinsandcanada.com/banknotes-colonial-bank-of-canada.php?banks=colonial-bank-of-canada&bank=50&banknotes=Colonial_Bank_of_Canada_banknotes_of_1859&id_cat=373&id_denom=2

Cool info and thank you for that link. Idk how I didn’t find that in my searches. They seem really interesting and they are by far the oldest paper money I have ever seen. But to be honest, I’m not a money collector really so I don’t have any idea. Really cool to be holding paper currency from that long ago even if they aren’t worth a ton of money.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Keep an eye out for coin/paper money shows in your area. Take them with and get some opinions.
LTG : )

That’s a good idea. I guess I’d like to find out they are at least interesting to take a look at before I spend a day going to a show like that. Don’t want to get laughed out of the place by a bunch of people for bringing in something that is completely worthless haha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SNES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-anything-about-old-paper-money?tu=SNES and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.