(Topic ID: 74493)

Anyone know about how often Stern start shipping their next title?

By Jasontaps

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wishiwas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Since Mustang is the next title, about when will that start shipping and when will production begin on their title after Mustang?
    How often do they switch to the next title (at least lets say in their last 5-8 years)

#2 10 years ago

Mustang is next ?

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Should see mustang information on the game next month; I would say probably start shipping in march

#4 10 years ago

The article I read said the game will be released in April to coincide with the 50th anniversary date.
    Ordering info in January.

#5 10 years ago

Would the next title after Mustang come out in 2014?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

Would the next title after Mustang come out in 2014?

You don't need inside info to say "yes" to that.

#7 10 years ago

So is it fair to say Stern produce and ship about 2 new titles a year?

#8 10 years ago

Yep seems like 2 models a year now

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You don't need inside info to say "yes" to that.

One during the summer hopefully, and then maybe even another at the end of the year also. The announcement for Mustang came not long after ST. I thought the timing was fairly quick myself.

#10 10 years ago

They have been doing 3-4 titles a year recently!
    I;d say they are doing 3 next year: Mustang, a music pin, and then ... Superman!

#11 10 years ago

Superman confirmed or just a rumor?
    Pink Floyd would be a cool "music" pin

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Predator333:

They have been doing 3-4 titles a year recently!
    I;d say they are doing 3 next year: Mustang, a music pin, and then ... Superman!

Since so many people say Stern doesn't complete their code, doesn't this sum it all up!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

Since so many people say Stern doesn't complete their code, doesn't this sum it all up!

Please explain.
    Sum up what?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Predator333:

Please explain.
    Sum up what?

If your cranking out 3-4 titles a year, are you really going to have you engineering team go back on a title 3 games ago or are you going to look forward.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

If your cranking out 3-4 titles a year, are you really going to have you engineering team go back on a title 3 games ago or are you going to look forward.

Oh. OK.

I think they'll do whatever they think will maximize profits. And that's in sales of new and varied machines.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Predator333:

Oh. OK.
    I think they'll do whatever they think will maximize profits. And that's in sales of new and varied machines.

And as evidenced by all the people on this forum, Stern just don't find it in their interest or profit to go back and complete their code.
    I actually didn't start this thread to bash Stern. The root of my question stems from wondering about how long it will take me to save up enough to buy another new in box and how many titles will have passed by. The Mustang pin (title alone) doesn't do anything for me (and I drive a Ford too).
    Does Stern release their number of machines built? And with them cranking out product so often, are there distributors out there sitting on NIB machine from like 2011 or 2012 that would sell them discounted?

#17 10 years ago

I'm thinking their second pin (or possibly third pin) for 2014 is Whoa Nellie. In a recently published interview Nordman felt pretty positive it would happen. Though it might be extremely limited in number. It would be probably the price of a Pro, but very much EM type play.I'd be in for one in a heart beat.

#18 10 years ago

Second pin is not whoa Nellie guys

#19 10 years ago

It LED ZEPPLIN

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from MRG:

It LED ZEPPLIN

If it is, it will sink like one.
    Do you really think the market can support a Led Zepplin pin?

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

If done right ( art package & gameplay ) I'd buy one.

#22 10 years ago

Your brother brought me silver, Your sister warmed my soul,
    But now I laugh and pull so hard, see you swinging from the Gallows Pole

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

People said the same about AC/DC. I think Zepplin has an even wider appeal.

#24 10 years ago

They have been averaging 5 pins every 2 years but I heard they're planning on 6 in 18 months. I don't see how that is really possible or wise so maybe its bad info.

#25 10 years ago

What happened to the Walking Dead rumors?
    I thought that this was after Mustang?

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveB:

They have been averaging 5 pins every 2 years but I heard they're planning on 6 in 18 months. I don't see how that is really possible or wise so maybe its bad info.

You would think the market can only support so many machines so often, especially at 5-10k a pop!
    Yes, there are those people out there with the spare change that will buy every new pin, but for the rest of us that rolled pennies to buy our NIB, well all we can do is dream or try to sell that no longer NIB unit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-about-how-often-stern-start-shipping-their-next-title and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.