(Topic ID: 240183)

Anyone know a good bar close to MGC?

By Gexchange

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Was going to try and do the meet and greet at Doc’s smokehouse but they decided they are too busy. Last year we did the miller time bar but that was only just ok. Any suggestions?

I will be posting a badge request thread shortly.

Jj

#3 4 years ago

The Old German Beer Hall is maybe two blocks or Up/Down is about a mile.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

The Old German Beer Hall is maybe two blocks or Up/Down is about a mile.

If you're trying to talk, I wouldn't suggest Up Down.

Now, if you want to play a bunch of games...

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If you're trying to talk, I wouldn't suggest Up Down.
    Now, if you want to play a bunch of games...

Ya loud places are normally not good for the meet and greets

#7 4 years ago

yikes! good to know

I was just looking to see what was in walking distance and large enough. Never been and looks like I wont be

How far is 1983 barcade from MGC? walkable?

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yikes! good to know
    I was just looking to see what was in walking distance and large enough. Never been and looks like I wont be
    How far is 1983 barcade from MGC? walkable?

yes 1983 is in the third ward. about 2-3 blocks from MGC. If JJ has a meet and greet there it will be ok because it's early in the day. If you go later at night it gets pretty hood. 3rd ward is the new water street. (think burban street) but they do have 5 machines, arcades, all on tokens. the beers and drinks are reasonable. but no food. JJ always buys food.

#9 4 years ago

I'm thinking if you're shooting for 5-5:30 Friday, and not later, I'd try your luck with DOC's. I would think it wouldn't be too crazy around then.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#10 4 years ago

Milwaukee Ale house . It’s close but maybe not close enough for some .
    Safe house is always fun and really close , but it may not have a good spot for meet and greet . It does have an upper area that might work and could maybe be reserved .
    Rock Bottom is really close but yeah they did have an issue with cockroaches. That being said I would not be afraid to go there . If they have been cleared to open again it means they have passed inspection and an inspection after something like this seems like it would be more thorough than what others get .
    Google bars near Wisconsin center and a ton of choices come up , some with food some without .

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Safe house is always fun and really close , but it may not have a good spot for meet and greet .

Oh, yeah, this. If you've ordered a ticket or anything, we're doing a drink special with them where you'll get a coupon for a free drink or something (details are still being finalized), but it's also a great environment, has good food, and not too far away.

They're one of the few surrounding places that really likes us too, and it's uniquely Milwaukee.

I can't go, but if I could, this is STRONGLY my vote.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Oh, yeah, this. If you've ordered a ticket or anything, we're doing a drink special with them where you'll get a coupon for a free drink or something (details are still being finalized), but it's also a great environment, has good food, and not too far away.
    They're one of the few surrounding places that really likes us too, and it's uniquely Milwaukee.
    I can't go, but if I could, this is STRONGLY my vote.

I will reach out to them and see if we can use the private room or an area! Sounds cool and I like they are helping the show.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I will reach out to them and see if we can use the private room or an area! Sounds cool and I like they are helping the show.

We could do it out of the back of my truck.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

We could do it out of the back of my truck.

You are always trying to get me into the back of your truck. Last week it was Free Candy this week its a party? I'm worried

Did you get your custom badge or do I need to print you a new one?

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Did you get your custom badge or do I need to print you a new one?

The good doctor I'm coming with has it but I doubt he'll remember to bring it. He is a doctor after all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-a-good-bar-close-to-mgc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.