(Topic ID: 91782)

Anyone know a California shipping company that moves from SoCal to NorCal?

By Troutfarm

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 12.21.42 PM 1.png
    #1 9 years ago

My NAVL for quote for 2 pins is pretty high for not leaving the state.

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

My NAVL for quote for 2 pins is pretty high for not leaving the state.

Yup, but you will 99% get the games in the exact shape they left in! See other posts from people that tried to save using another company. Agree that if you can find an individual to move them for you, that might work out, but still a risk if you don't know them or get references! Otherwise, learn from the rest of us and use NAVL!

#3 9 years ago

I usually do, but I have had pins that came from Florida be cheaper.,

#4 9 years ago

Two pins fit in a rental mini van,
    $60 for the day ( no insurance)
    Plus gas

#5 9 years ago

If its rural they add like $100, not to mention additional $100 for pin # 2

#6 9 years ago

Yeah.. I am considering flying down and driving up, but that is a lot of work, and two pins up stairs at the end of the rainbow.. I will probably just pay NAVL in the end.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

If its rural they add like $100, not to mention additional $100 for pin # 2

Yeah, Dan's location is probably bumping the price up a bit.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

Yeah.. I am considering flying down and driving up, but that is a lot of work, and two pins up stairs at the end of the rainbow.. I will probably just pay NAVL in the end.

PM sent.

#9 9 years ago

Where are the Pins and where are they going?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Where are the Pins and where are they going?

I presume Arrowhead Lake to San Francisco.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I presume Arrowhead Lake to San Francisco.

what he said ^
    92352 to 94103

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 12.21.42 PM 1.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-22 at 12.21.42 PM 1.png
    #12 9 years ago

When I sold my Fathom, the guy flew up from LA and rented a SUV and drove it back...done in 1 day, no problem... cheaper and way safer than shipping it.

If you are getting 2, then there is no question.

Have the SoCal guy meet you at the Ontario airport with them.

Robert

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

When I sold my Fathom, the guy flew up from LA and rented a SUV and drove it back...done in 1 day, no problem... cheaper and way safer than shipping it.
    Robert

What a great compromise!

#14 9 years ago

try uship.com. so cal to nor cal is so darn close i'm almost sure you can find one for cheap.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Yup, that's how I sold my virtual pin, friend of mine in The Bay flew down, rented a minivan, and we loaded it in and he drove it back up.

#16 9 years ago

I have been approached by a fellow pinsider offering transport for significantly less than NAVL. probably going to go that route.

#17 9 years ago

Dave ( ArcRevival ) on KLOV does several SoCal to NorCal runs. Have used him in the past and he did an exceptional job. LMK if you need the details..

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Dave ( ArcRevival ) on KLOV does several SoCal to NorCal runs. Have used him in the past and he did an exceptional job. LMK if you need the details..

He is a pro. Highly consider arcrevival.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

He is a pro. Highly consider arcrevival.

He is not available in my time frame unfortunately.

#20 9 years ago

Even from Lake Arrowhead to LA is a trek

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Even from Lake Arrowhead to LA is a trek

It's about an hour from Lake Arrowhead to Ont, when there is no traffic like a Saturday or Sunday morning.

I don't think that's too much to ask if someone is going to buy a game or 2 from you and is flying down to get them.

Robert

1 week later
    #22 9 years ago

NAVL dropped the ball today. They called to cancel pickup on picked day during pickup window. FAIL! I will put out the call again to anyone making a socal to norcal trip anytime soon. I might need it.

#23 9 years ago

Southwest one way airfare to Ontario, rent a van / minivan and drive home.
    You should be home in time for a late dinner and you get the satisfaction of knowing your games are safe.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball4life:

Yup, but you will 99% get the games in the exact shape they left in! See other posts from people that tried to save using another company. Agree that if you can find an individual to move them for you, that might work out, but still a risk if you don't know them or get references! Otherwise, learn from the rest of us and use NAVL!

Couldn't have said it better myself....end of story. Don't find out the hard way! Or as others have said, do it yourself or use a pinsider.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

NAVL dropped the ball today. They called to cancel pickup on picked day during pickup window. FAIL! I will put out the call again to anyone making a socal to norcal trip anytime soon. I might need it.

In eight years they only did that to me once when the guy's truck broke down. Sorry they let you down but I doubt there was anything they could do. Stuff happens sometimes. I have become much more patient in my older age when it come to everything pinball! Still sucks though!

#26 9 years ago

Looks like I will be taking 3 games north, I have room for 4 in my van so PM me if you have a game that needs a ride to the South Bay area.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Looks like I will be taking 3 games north, I have room for 4 in my van so PM me if you have a game that needs a ride to the South Bay area.

Pinside for the win!

#28 9 years ago

Leaving for San Francisco on Thursday PM me if you have a game you want taken north or a game you need brought south.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-a-california-shipping-company-that-moves-from-socal-to-norcal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.