(Topic ID: 240314)

Anyone Interested in Taking Over The Lease of a 2018 Audi Q5 SUV?

By rogerdodger

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jjsmooth
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi Guys:

Here's an interesting one for you.

My daughter has just had another baby and would like to move to a 7 seater vehicle.

She and my son-in-law currently have 17 months of a 36 month lease remaining on a fully loaded 2018 Audi Q5 SUV, with Premium Plus Package and would like to transfer this lease to someone else.

If you are not familiar with how this works, check out the link at the bottom to swapalease.com where the vehicle has just been listed.

It's quite a simple transaction where Audi will do a credit check on the proposed new lessee,(just like they do on anyone leasing a car) and then they have the new lessee sign an agreement saying that they are now leasing the car, for the balance of the original term and payments. The whole transfer is completed in 3 to 4 weeks.

The beauty of this arrangement is that you are leasing the car for only 17 months at less than an identical car would cost you over 36 months, if you go to a dealer. Also, nothing out of pocket! No deposit and no dealer fee! At the end of the lease, you can either buy the vehicle at the pre-determined price (already written into the lease agreement) or just hand the car back and 'walk away'. Great for anyone who does not want to commit to a long lease.

The only fees that the new lessee would pay is $100 for the credit check and $350 that Audi (Volkswagen Credit) charge for the transfer fee.

Lease transfers are big business, as you will see when you go to the site. I always lease my cars and, in the last few years, I have transferred 3 cars to new lessees.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in taking over this lease, please send me a PM and we can go from there.

Full description of the vehicle and payments here:

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/2018-Audi-Q5.aspx?salid=1354364

Shipping no problem!

I have been on Pinside for many years and first class references are available.

Thanks so much for looking at this.

Roger
    Boynton Beach, FL

#2 4 years ago

Pictures or it didn't happen.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Pics are at the link...

#4 4 years ago

Never leased a vehicle before but have heard that residual value at the end of the lease is important.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Never leased a vehicle before but have heard that residual value at the end of the lease is important.

I would think it would matter only if you intend to buy it as it comes out of lease. To lease and walk away when done is around $9100 for this deal or with the available miles left in the lease term it's 77 cents per mile. It looks immaculate in the photos, but what is more interesting is I learned about swapalease.com, so for that thanks for posting, rogerdodger !

The real question to ask is whether or not a pinball machine fits in the car!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#6 4 years ago

There is also a $1,000 incentive to takeover the lease... that is worth mentioning for sure Roger. The equivalent service here in Canada that gets a lot of press is leasebusters.com.

#7 4 years ago

691 miles a month? Someone’s going to be looking at that odometer for the next 17 months. Car also won’t be worth $33K at the end of the lease. Great for someone looking for a nice car and a very short lease who doesn’t drive a lot.

#8 4 years ago

Which pinball machine will be loaded into it? Gotta play to your audience here!

#9 4 years ago

Pinside not the place for this. Let your daughter and son in law take care of themselves.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-interested-in-taking-over-the-lease-of-a-2018-audi-q5-suv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.