(Topic ID: 158030)

Anyone interested in joining a league in Joliet, IL

By Jaybird815

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I'm looking to get a league going in Joliet at the Chicago St Pinball. I'm open to any suggestions as far format and dates. Mark said that Thursday's would be ideal but is pretty open, except obviously weekends. There are already a few committed. Please PM or post here if interested.

Thanks
    Jay

#2 7 years ago

Bump, getting some interest

#3 7 years ago

Thanks, Jay!

We're willing to work with any or all of you to get this thing rollin'!

There have to be a bunch of you in the south and SW 'burbs, in what has been a pinball desert between Chicago and Champaign.

-Mark

#4 7 years ago

Bump, only need 5 more

#5 7 years ago

Bump...

To increase and promote leagues, we have created the corresponding subforum. I moved this thread there!

#6 7 years ago

1 more has committed, looking for 4 more

#7 7 years ago

Bump, need 3 more to get rolling

#8 7 years ago

Can't make the drive for weekends, but if you need help getting anything set up let me know. Our league in Lafayette has been going strong for over 3 years now and can give any assistance necessary.

#9 7 years ago

Wish I could commit but my work schedule does not allow it.

#10 7 years ago

How many players are you trying to get? We re-kicked off one of our leagues last year with 6 players and now we've got a pretty healthy rotating base of 45-50 and started a second non-IFPA novice league with 10 players.

Format really depends on where you're playing and what games are available - any idea there?

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

How many players are you trying to get? We re-kicked off one of our leagues last year with 6 players and now we've got a pretty healthy rotating base of 45-50 and started a second non-IFPA novice league with 10 players.
    Format really depends on where you're playing and what games are available - any idea there?

We have 9 committed, and the place were playing has 30+ pins.

#12 7 years ago

I'd be interested if it's on Thursdays.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

I'd be interested if it's on Thursdays.

It's going to be every other Thursday, I'll send you a PM

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Based on participation on the league in Champaign, less than ten people was almost pointless. More than twenty was extremely difficult to manage, and there was a lack of machines to play. Twelve seemed to be the minimum for a solid group. Three groups of four players each, playing five machines weekly, about two hours per week. But of course we can tailor things as necessary, if every two weeks.

-Mark

#15 7 years ago

Bump, we're getting close!

1 week later
    #16 7 years ago

We are going to meet on May 26th at 7:30, if all committed people can pm me their email address that would be great. Looking forward to meeting some fellow pinheads and playing some pinball. If I don't hear from those that have committed I will contact you. Thanks for the interest.

Jason

2 weeks later
    #17 7 years ago

We are meeting up at 7:30 tonight for those who are interested

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-interested-in-joining-a-league-in-joliet-il and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.