(Topic ID: 80797)

Anyone installed a playfield slide out assembly on a TAF?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey Guys....

One of the things I have always liked is the slide out assembly that is found on the newer DMD games. (as well as the resting brackets under the playfield). Has anyone retrofitted these to a TAF?

When working on my TZ its so nice to be able to slide it out, rest it, push the balls out from under the playfield and then tilt her up. On TAF, you have to hold the playfeild up just enough to push the balls up from underneath, while not letting the balls run down the shooter lane and to the back of the PF....

#2 10 years ago

You would have to drill new holes in both the cabinet and the underside of the playfield.

Use a magnetic wand to pull the balls out of the trough - much easier.

RM

#3 10 years ago

This would be super easy but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

This would be super easy but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

I agree....I have a magnetic wand and have used it. I had to do some work to Things hand assembly. Funny how a few inches of slide makes it much easier to get to some of the rear underplayfield areas to work on.

#5 10 years ago

I think the thing box and/or the scoop in that general vicinity hit the slides - hold one up to the playfield, and decide for yourself.

#6 10 years ago

Thought about it myself, compared it to my TZ's rails, mapped it out, took measurements....won't work without some major modifications.

As for getting the balls out, I've never lifted the playfield to get them out. I've "memorized" where the mechanism's end is and can reach it blindly every time now. Just takes some getting used to, and some muscle memory.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Thought about it myself, compared it to my TZ's rails, mapped it out, took measurements....won't work without some major modifications.
As for getting the balls out, I've never lifted the playfield to get them out. I've "memorized" where the mechanism's end is and can reach it blindly every time now. Just takes some getting used to, and some muscle memory.

I agree, the old pre-slide reach-a-round, middle fingers on the ball popper and my thumb in the shooter lane, stopping the balls from shooting too far.

Ironically verbally accurate without any intending pun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 180.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-installed-a-playfield-slide-out-assembly-on-a-taf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.