6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hoby1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Variable Wirewound Resistor (resized).jpg
    0F1E52E0-F4B9-4B3C-AC27-9C4659FAF87C (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

Spoke with Dave at CG and he sees nothing that should cause damage in that circuit but can’t anticipate the long term effects. Really want to tone down the shaker

So I’m wondering if anyone has installed one.

Lmk

0F1E52E0-F4B9-4B3C-AC27-9C4659FAF87C (resized).jpeg0F1E52E0-F4B9-4B3C-AC27-9C4659FAF87C (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Try a variable wirewound resistor in series with either wire. This one is 50 ohms which is a good start. Start at dead short (as if it wasn't there) and increase resistance until you are happy.

Run it a bit to make sure it doesn't get too hot, although this shouldn't be a problem as its duty cycle is low.

See attached picture.

Variable Wirewound Resistor (resized).jpgVariable Wirewound Resistor (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

I installed one of these with a cointaker shaker which was way too powerful and it has fine control for the shake. You can turn it down to a kitten purr.
    This should work fine for MMR shaker too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019H4DDIA

#4 6 years ago

This PWM looks like a good product but the seller has a 95% approval rating which is abysmal IMHO

#5 6 years ago

I have one on every single SAM game I own. You can fine tune them soooooo good. I set mine up for more or a slow wobble which gives it great shake without rattling the game apart

More of a nice side to side action

#6 6 years ago

I ordered 10 from China and paid like 30 bucks shipped on eBay

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-install-a-pwm-in-a-mmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.