(Topic ID: 95215)

Anyone in Medford interested in a liqudation/warehouse sale?

By Dr-Willy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jalpert
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0158.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I saw a funny ad on craigslist today seen here

portland.craigslist.org link

I thought the ad was a load of bs, and then called the number. It appears to be real. I am very interested in it but won't beable to make it in time, if i had saw the ad yesterday i would already have been there and back. Anyone in the medford are able to check this place out and see what they have? The number is a one of the workers who is loading games, i called him and he said they are working through midnight and can only take 1000 games with them and are hoping to sell 300 before they are done. The address of the warehouse is 840 North Front st, Central Point OR

Post your findings if you pick anything up.

#3 9 years ago

Now THAT'S the kind of CL ad that gets the blood pumping. What does that space even look like? If anyone gets there, snap a couple of pictures!

#4 9 years ago

I'll be left to pick from the scraps with whatever makes it's way to So Cal.

#5 9 years ago

man I wish I could find one of those. one day a warehouse raid will happen

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spidey171:

man I wish I could find one of those. one day a warehouse raid will happen

I already raided it a couple years ago. Just a bunch of crap left that they want way too much for.

#7 9 years ago

He didn't give an address or really any details?

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

I already raided it a couple years ago. Just a bunch of crap left that they want way too much for.

You just saved me a 5 hour round trip drive...Thanks!

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

So the statement in the ad that they're selling 100 pins at $100 each is bogus?

#10 9 years ago

I have a few pics if someone wants them. As Breadfan says, mostly a bunch of junk. There are a few mid 80's pins (Sinbad, Flash, Time Warp) but most are missing boards or parts. However, for someone interested in Bingo machines, there are quite a few of those. The trucks are loading up and leaving for LA within the next 24 hours though.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll be left to pick from the scraps with whatever makes it's way to So Cal. But, I'll be ready!

Yes. Chris had flyers for it at the last Auction. Now we know where they are coming from!

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from kumanaga:

However, for someone interested in Bingo machines, there are quite a few of those.

Any other EM's worth looking at? ( no smart remarks here please).

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

So the statement in the ad that they're selling 100 pins at $100 each is bogus?

The 100 pins for $100 bucks is in reference to the bingo machines most likely. They bodies are stacked on top of each other 10-15 units high in the warehouse.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Any other EM's worth looking at? ( no smart remarks here please).

There was a pretty clean Grand Prix that I was kind of interested in but they seemed a bit high on the price. If you are interested at all I could run over there and take a pic or two and take a crack at the price.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Yes. Chris had flyers for it at the last Auction.

I missed the flyers, but I was there last Saturday. Were you? I didn't stay long though, nothing much to see.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from kumanaga:

There was a pretty clean Grand Prix that I was kind of interested in but they seemed a bit high on the price. If you are interested at all I could run over there and take a pic or two and take a crack at the price.

I had a Grand Prix that I may buy back, so don't make a special trip. But pics are always welcome! I'm looking for the older stuff now. 50s and 60s vintage. That is where it's at!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I missed the flyers, but I was there last Saturday. Were you? I didn't stay long though, nothing much to see.

Yes. Flyers were at the sign in counter but easily overlooked. I was there from about 10:30 to 9:30. One long day.

#18 9 years ago

I ended up with an old EM rifle game, but it's really rough. Walked away from most everything and they won't let us plug the machines in or dig into them much. We have been going over to this place for years messing around with machines, picking up parts, etc. Pretty said how this is all going down to be honest...

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I was there from about 10:30 to 9:30. One long day.

I was there from about 1:00 until 2:00. We might have bumped shoulders. Did you get anything? How much did that NOS F-14 playfield go for?

#20 9 years ago

Thanks for the info guys, saved me a trip myself!

#21 9 years ago

What operator is this?

If the operator is located in Medford, Oregon then why are all those machines being moved to southern California?

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

why are all those machines being moved to southern California?

So Cal is the (cough) epicenter of the pinball auction world. The Captain will get the most out of them he can.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was there from about 1:00 until 2:00. We might have bumped shoulders. Did you get anything? How much did that NOS F-14 playfield go for?

$500 plus the normal ups and extras.

Actually, I did pick up a REAL project. I bought the Fast Draw that was wrapped up (like a few of the others at the end of the pinballs). I have yet to bring it home, and I know it had at least one relay cut out of it (maybe more) But I just couldn't let a FD go to the junk pile. I figured it will make a nice "player" and will allow me to justify using a repro BG and Plastics on the other one I own. I will probably flip it at the auction in the future.

My guess is that the "some New in box" games will actually be 1 cent Oak Gumball machines or something like that.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

My guess is that the "some New in box" games will actually be 1 cent Oak Gumball machines or something like that.

The only "new in box" game was a Dale Jr.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from kumanaga:

The only "new in box" game was a Dale Jr.

Well, then. I stand corrected! I wonder if its on its way down to Captain's Auction Warehouse now?

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I just couldn't let a FD go to the junk pile. I figured it will make a nice "player" and will allow me to justify using a repro BG and Plastics on the other one I own. I will probably flip it at the auction in the future.

That is what is great about the auction. Not necessarily buying and selling machines to make money, but giving you an outlet and an excuse to buy things that you may not normally buy. You may not make any profit, but take something to the auction, and it usually goes away.

#27 9 years ago

IMAG0158.jpgIMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0155.jpgIMAG0155.jpg IMAG0153.jpgIMAG0153.jpg IMAG0154.jpgIMAG0154.jpg
    #28 9 years ago

I see spy hunter and hard driving lets see a pic of the pins even a stack of them.

#29 9 years ago

The mid-eighties machines were already loaded and on their way to LA. I will try to get a pic of the stacks of bingo or "flipperless" machines today at lunch.

1 week later
    #30 9 years ago

So, the flyer said many of the games (bingos, jukes, shuffleboards etc.) would go online on July 7th via Super Auctions. Anyone have a link to the auction (not the one being held at Captain's Auction Warehouse in Anahiem, CA). The Super Auctions site doesn't show anything currently.

2 months later
    #31 9 years ago

You guys suck & always have. I feel sorry for the LaVia family. Hurry up & rob them blind & get out of tpwn before I get pissed & come to see you again. You guys make me sick!! Scum bag mother fu**ers.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

Quoted from Breadfan:

You guys suck & always have. I feel sorry for the LaVia family. Hurry up & rob them blind & get out of tpwn before I get pissed & come to see you again. You guys make me sick!! Scum bag mother fu**ers.

That's quite a change of opinion.

#33 9 years ago

WTH? Is this for real? What did I miss?

Quoted from Breadfan:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-in-medford-interested-in-a-liqudation-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.