Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by SSpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Got a Batman Forever I picked up broken & have been working to get it running for a buddy in town. It's up, but no display. I've set up a bench test area to try & bring it up in attract, but still no display. So not sure now if I've got a bad display, bad controller board, a bad ribbon cable or cables. Knowing if the display even works would help. I'd love to plug my display up to someone's machine so I can see if it's out gassed. If it works at least I can narrow down where my problem lies. I'm in Austin, Tx. Please shoot me an email if you've got a machine that uses those displays & are in my area.

-Brandon

#2 11 years ago

Check your cable that is running from the power supply board to the DMD and see if it's running 5 volts, If it's not then it could be just your cable, I had the same issue with my Baywatch so I bought one of those updated cables for $12 and that fixed my issue. Hope this helps some. I live in Ft Worth or I would let you test it on mine.

#3 11 years ago

I appreciate the info & I'm aware of the updates. I used a computer type power supply on the bench & made cables going from it to all the plug ins. So the voltages are great. I measured the high voltages on the back of display itself and they all looked good too. Leads me to think I could have ribbon cable or ribbon cable connector issues, but I'd like to confirm the display itself is good before doing anything further. If its out gassed nothing I do to the connectors & ribbon cables will help.

#4 11 years ago

Nice collection you have there. I live about an hour and a half from Austin. I sold a Frankenstein to a guy in Austin about 6 months ago but I doubt he is on pinside. I may still have his contact info if I can find it I'll pm you.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the help Legacy. Your guy & I should be getting together next week to test the display. Have safe & merry Christmas all.

#6 11 years ago

Wish I could help but all I've got is a Batman DE, BOP and TFLE. If any of those would work you are more than welcome to come try but I don't think they would.

P.S. - If you ever think of selling that Corvette let me know. I'm just down the street from you and have been considering one for a while. Stars have never alligned though.

#7 11 years ago

hey 85 vett, I am in Round Rock too.
shoot me an email. SSpinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 259.00
$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-in-austin-tx-with-maverick-msf-bw-or-bf-display-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.