(Topic ID: 56651)

Anyone here pick up that 1500 Diamondplate Whirlwind in D/FW??

By Frax

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WW2.jpg
    WW1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trapper08.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Well, it was I that got the Whirlwind for $1600 in Dallas, if you must know ($1700 in the end since we both were not aware of the (approx $200) DP premium before the sale). The pin is in great shape, aside from some cabinet head cosmetic issues, some fan plastic damage in the back and small damage to traslite molding. The translite has a few small wear through spots, but not that noticeable. The playfield looked great though. Just needs a good cleaning. Even the spinners looked great. Digital displays looked great. I will be babying this one - to keep! I may post a couple pics for Frax tomorrow after I decompress from the trip .

And for the record, I am not a pin flipper (for the one who told the seller he believed I was, even though he does not know who I am. Just presumed. Thanks for stirring things up for the seller. She knew better anyway). I just want to build a small personal collection.

#13 10 years ago

Grats, but I'm still jealous lol. She told me someone had offered 1600...figured he was talking out his rear, but you never know with these guys. All I replied back was I would've brought them 1500 cash if I had it on hand...I offered 1k, which was all I could muster RIGHT THAT SECOND, lol... You're lucky this wasn't 2 weeks from now when my 70 hours of overtime will come through.

thanks. For once I get in early enough to snag a pin for a good price!... and had the cash . Here are couple quick playfield pics.

WW1.jpgWW1.jpg WW2.jpgWW2.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Thanks! I think so too .

Also, does anyone know a site that specifies exactly (or close to it) how many WW playfields had Diamond Plate? Because this issue caused me a lot of grief. All I can find is random places that say less than 100 to over 250 to 1000. So far the info looks like pure speculation/hearsay and nothing from Williams or Pat Lawlor, etc... If premiums are expected for this, I would think facts should be too.

#20 10 years ago

Agreed, should be its own thread. Realized after I hit post . But don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with my purchase/price. After dealing with the seller after the fact, I just wanted to find out from pure curiosity. And thanks for the feedback and comments! I will enjoy this one .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trapper08.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-here-pick-up-that-1500-diamondplate-whirlwind-in-dfw?tu=trapper08 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.