Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by tonyf1965
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6846AF45-E570-4487-888D-E02F2E17886C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9278 (resized).JPG
    deadpool-high-score (resized).jpg
    4D6B2F35-DFC4-4BD7-B6B2-9283760DEECF (resized).jpeg
    C359A231-BAE6-4EDB-8532-F7005982C911 (resized).jpeg
    1A513E59-7205-4B73-AF1F-C0B7981BF056 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8950 (resized).PNG
    IMG_20190329_173756.jpg
    IMG_8946 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8944 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_8937 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

I have ordered from ball baron. High polish steel chrome balls. They areived and looked used and not only that at least one ball had a major defect that had I not caught would have ripped the game apart. I contacted the seller and received attitude. I would avoid ball baron entirely due to my negative experience.

I also now how have to through all the games the baron balls were installed for defects and possibly remove them all to ship back for a refund.

I'll post a pic of the defective ball I received from them and the plastic bag with the remaining balls.

#6 4 years ago

This is an unused ball I received shipped in a bag of 100. You can see the ball is not only scuffed (mirror finish?) but is also pitted. I inspect every ball I put in and most of the 50 or so I've put in are scuffed but this is the worst. And this is a picuture of the bag of balls in case anyone else besides the ball baron wants to call me a fraud or make it personal. I'm just trying to help everyone out here avoid this problem and not get ripped off.

IMG_8937 (resized).JPGIMG_8937 (resized).JPGimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

I was pretty shocked. As you can imagine, it takes a while to get through a bag of 100 balls. So by the time I reached for this one ball baron was calling me a fraud. Despite the fact that I already notified him of the poor quality, which I was just going to accept and move on, but pitted balls?

The least they could do is accept fault and send replacements, but to call me a fraud for letting them know what I was experiencing with their product?

And yes these were marketed as mirror finish.

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Very interesting, I've received countless balls from the Baron, including dozens that he intentionally marketed as 'blemished, seconds, QC failures etc' and NONE of them even looked half as bad as your example!
    I'm a satisfied customer.

#11 4 years ago

Decided to look further into the bag. First one I pull out. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! This ball has damage to it. You can see one of the pits and it is a CRATER!! New mirror finish balls. Get out of here...

IMG_8944 (resized).PNGIMG_8944 (resized).PNG
    #12 4 years ago

After being called a fraud for letting them know I was having issues with the product sold. This is how the ball baron left me hanging.

IMG_8946 (resized).JPGIMG_8946 (resized).JPG
    #17 4 years ago

Correct. My mistake. It was not mirror finish. High polish. Therefore I should anticipate??

And let me add, I ordered 25 carbon steel from bctrade same day, and THEY WERE PHENOMENAL!! If that matters at all. Positive for bctrade carbon steel.

Quoted from PinRob:

These are what you bought ebay.com link » 100 1 1 16 High Polish Chrome Steel Pinball Replacement Balls
    Don’t see “mirror finish” in the listing. Just a medium to high polished chrome steel ball

IMG_8950 (resized).PNGIMG_8950 (resized).PNG
    #18 4 years ago

Haha that's funny because I got the shit balls from David, or as I refer to them poison balls because those balls destroy games.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Thrilled with our league prizes.[quoted image]

#20 4 years ago

As I already stated, I was willing to accept the poor quality until I noticed a pitted ball.

Yes bctrade balls were top notch, each and every one they sent me. I'm sure quality is something they care about. Can't comment on their customer service because I never had a problem there.

Quoted from PinRob:

The item description says “SURFACE SHINE IS MEDIUM TO HIGH“ . But you knew that right? And yes BCtrade does have very nice mirror finish balls that I have purchased too, though they are SO shiny for a Carbon Steel ball I almost think they are chrome steel balls being sold as carbon core balls, though I have no proof.

#26 4 years ago

Look I simply responded to an open inquiry thread and shared my personal experience with regard to the profuct and customer service. Call it whatever you want.

#41 4 years ago

How amazingly frustrating. It's really ironic how we have a forum with members and an important topic here which is pretty straight forward. Either the balls are crap or outstanding and pretty much no in between.

If anyone wants the full communication I'd be happy to share it. Yeah it's a weird one but that in fact was my ball baron experience.

Clearly NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME EXPERIENCE BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE ANOTHERS INVALID.

#45 4 years ago

I agree with you. But if in the end it improves the quality of the balls received, then at least this was not completely in vain. I'll take one for the team and deal with my losses. Everyone have a blessed day today including you, David. I know you put alot of hard work into your trade and I respect that and wish you success despite my less than ideal experience. Everyone have a great day.

Quoted from Monk:

It does seem pretty straight forward. It's just that no one shares your experience. Seems you have made your experience and thoughts on the product known, others have done the same. Why not leave it at that?

#50 4 years ago

It's satisfying to see the number of happy customers which speaks volumes. I've since communicated with David and taken responsibility for my failings in this situation and he is working with me to correct this matter and he is doing so quite honorably and ABOVE AND BEYOND what I would have anticipated.

Kudos to the Ball Baron. I look forward to sharing photos of the Ninjas.

4 weeks later
    #76 4 years ago

The Ninjas from The Ball Baron came through! They arrived complete with care kit (which really made my day). They are very nice as you can see, really shiny and reflective like you see in the ad. Showcase quality. These are the nicest pinballs I have seen yet.

IMG_9278 (resized).JPGIMG_9278 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-here-ordered-from-ball-baron?tu=pbwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.