Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MNTilter
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6846AF45-E570-4487-888D-E02F2E17886C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9278 (resized).JPG
    deadpool-high-score (resized).jpg
    4D6B2F35-DFC4-4BD7-B6B2-9283760DEECF (resized).jpeg
    C359A231-BAE6-4EDB-8532-F7005982C911 (resized).jpeg
    1A513E59-7205-4B73-AF1F-C0B7981BF056 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8950 (resized).PNG
    IMG_20190329_173756.jpg
    IMG_8946 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8944 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_8937 (resized).JPG
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

https://ballbaron.com/product-category/pinballs/

Their prices and shipping look good but a number of the product photos make it look like the standard balls are going to need polishing out of the box. I'd also never heard of them until I stumbled on the website.

#2 6 years ago

Nothing to see here- my pinside search-fu failed me, didn't realize the site search didn't search forum posts.

More info here for anyone that stumbles on this later: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from

1 year later
    #3 5 years ago

I have ordered from ball baron. High polish steel chrome balls. They areived and looked used and not only that at least one ball had a major defect that had I not caught would have ripped the game apart. I contacted the seller and received attitude. I would avoid ball baron entirely due to my negative experience.

I also now how have to through all the games the baron balls were installed for defects and possibly remove them all to ship back for a refund.

I'll post a pic of the defective ball I received from them and the plastic bag with the remaining balls.

#4 5 years ago

I have ordered over 100 balls. No issues with my orders. Great service.

#5 5 years ago

I ordered 75 balls from him. No issues. Shipped quick, all balls were good.

#6 5 years ago

This is an unused ball I received shipped in a bag of 100. You can see the ball is not only scuffed (mirror finish?) but is also pitted. I inspect every ball I put in and most of the 50 or so I've put in are scuffed but this is the worst. And this is a picuture of the bag of balls in case anyone else besides the ball baron wants to call me a fraud or make it personal. I'm just trying to help everyone out here avoid this problem and not get ripped off.

IMG_8937 (resized).JPGIMG_8937 (resized).JPGimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #7 5 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

This is an unused ball I received shipped in a bag of 100

Very interesting, I've received countless balls from the Baron, including dozens that he intentionally marketed as 'blemished, seconds, QC failures etc' and NONE of them even looked half as bad as your example!

I'm a satisfied customer.

#8 5 years ago

I’ve pnly purchased 12 at a time and they were vacuum packed with no scuff issues...shipped out USPS in a small box.

#9 5 years ago

I was pretty shocked. As you can imagine, it takes a while to get through a bag of 100 balls. So by the time I reached for this one ball baron was calling me a fraud. Despite the fact that I already notified him of the poor quality, which I was just going to accept and move on, but pitted balls?

The least they could do is accept fault and send replacements, but to call me a fraud for letting them know what I was experiencing with their product?

And yes these were marketed as mirror finish.

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Very interesting, I've received countless balls from the Baron, including dozens that he intentionally marketed as 'blemished, seconds, QC failures etc' and NONE of them even looked half as bad as your example!
    I'm a satisfied customer.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

I was pretty shocked. As you can imagine, it takes a while to get through a bag of 100 balls. So by the time I reached for this one ball baron was calling me a fraud. Despite the fact that I already notified him of the poor quality, which I was just going to accept and move on, but pitted balls?
    The least they could do is accept fault and send replacements, but to call me a fraud for letting them know what I was experiencing with their product?
    And yes these were marketed as mirror finish.

Wow, very disappointing that he didn't take care of you. Mistakes happen and he must have shipped you the wrong bag by mistake: seconds/blemished. I bought a bulk order of his standard carbon balls and some Ninja chrome on Black Friday special, and considered both equal or better than competitor's similar products.

Similar thing happened to me once with Pinball Life. I ordered a coil, and received the coil, but it didn't have the diode as it was supposed to. He asked me to send a picture. I did of the APB enterprises-branded coil without diode I received from them. He told me it was impossible I got that coil from him. I told him whatever, just send me a diode then. He did send me a different replacement coil though. Still don't know what happened. Shrug.

#11 5 years ago

Decided to look further into the bag. First one I pull out. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! This ball has damage to it. You can see one of the pits and it is a CRATER!! New mirror finish balls. Get out of here...

IMG_8944 (resized).PNGIMG_8944 (resized).PNG
    #12 5 years ago

After being called a fraud for letting them know I was having issues with the product sold. This is how the ball baron left me hanging.

IMG_8946 (resized).JPGIMG_8946 (resized).JPG
    #13 5 years ago

Something seems fishy.

#14 5 years ago

I ordered on ebay from seller BCTrade and was very happy.

#15 5 years ago

These are what you bought ebay.com link: 100 1 1 16 High Polish Chrome Steel Pinball Replacement Balls

Don’t see “mirror finish” in the listing. Just a medium to high polished chrome steel ball

#16 5 years ago

Thrilled with our league prizes.

IMG_20190329_173756.jpgIMG_20190329_173756.jpg
    #17 5 years ago

Correct. My mistake. It was not mirror finish. High polish. Therefore I should anticipate??

And let me add, I ordered 25 carbon steel from bctrade same day, and THEY WERE PHENOMENAL!! If that matters at all. Positive for bctrade carbon steel.

Quoted from PinRob:

These are what you bought ebay.com link » 100 1 1 16 High Polish Chrome Steel Pinball Replacement Balls
    Don’t see “mirror finish” in the listing. Just a medium to high polished chrome steel ball

IMG_8950 (resized).PNGIMG_8950 (resized).PNG
    #18 5 years ago

Haha that's funny because I got the shit balls from David, or as I refer to them poison balls because those balls destroy games.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Thrilled with our league prizes.[quoted image]

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

Correct. My mistake. It was not mirror finish. High polish.
    [quoted image]

The item description says “SURFACE SHINE IS MEDIUM TO HIGH“ . But you knew that right? And yes BCtrade does have very nice mirror finish balls that I have purchased too, though they are SO shiny for a Carbon Steel ball I almost think they are chrome steel balls being sold as carbon core balls, though I have no proof.

#20 5 years ago

As I already stated, I was willing to accept the poor quality until I noticed a pitted ball.

Yes bctrade balls were top notch, each and every one they sent me. I'm sure quality is something they care about. Can't comment on their customer service because I never had a problem there.

Quoted from PinRob:

The item description says “SURFACE SHINE IS MEDIUM TO HIGH“ . But you knew that right? And yes BCtrade does have very nice mirror finish balls that I have purchased too, though they are SO shiny for a Carbon Steel ball I almost think they are chrome steel balls being sold as carbon core balls, though I have no proof.

#21 5 years ago

When did you purchase these balls from Baron?

He won’t allow you to return them?

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

After being called a fraud for letting them know I was having issues with the product sold. This is how the ball baron left me hanging.
    [quoted image]

I call B.S. I’ve ordered nearly 1000 balls from the baron and never had this problem. You’re phishing

#23 5 years ago

I’m also calling bs.

#24 5 years ago

I ordered some ninjas from him. This is what he sent. I’m happy with his product and he communicated with me quite a bit. Surprised he hasn’t chimed in on this thread yet.

1A513E59-7205-4B73-AF1F-C0B7981BF056 (resized).jpeg1A513E59-7205-4B73-AF1F-C0B7981BF056 (resized).jpeg4D6B2F35-DFC4-4BD7-B6B2-9283760DEECF (resized).jpeg4D6B2F35-DFC4-4BD7-B6B2-9283760DEECF (resized).jpegC359A231-BAE6-4EDB-8532-F7005982C911 (resized).jpegC359A231-BAE6-4EDB-8532-F7005982C911 (resized).jpeg

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I call B.S. I’ve ordered nearly 1000 balls from the baron and never had this problem. You’re phishing

1000 balls for 16 pins?

What are you doing with them all?

rd

#26 5 years ago

Look I simply responded to an open inquiry thread and shared my personal experience with regard to the profuct and customer service. Call it whatever you want.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

1000 balls for 16 pins?
    What are you doing with them all?
    rd

It’s quite a pile, I was obsessed with balls for a while there. Now I have a lifetime supply me thinks. The baron can confirm I’ve ordered a shit load of his balls

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I’m happy with his product and he communicated with me quite a bit. Surprised he hasn’t chimed in on this thread yet.

I too had plenty of communication from him and he did admit he does not get on PS often as he sells multiple types / sizes of balls, not just for us pinheads!

#29 5 years ago

I've made 3 or 4 smaller orders from him and have never had even a single ball with a blemish. He's also always communicated well with me.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

It’s quite a pile, I was obsessed with balls for a while there. Now I have a lifetime supply me thinks. The baron can confirm I’ve ordered a shit load of his balls

LOL, only on Pinside would this post actually make since!

#31 5 years ago

I've ordered from the Baron and have talked with him on the phone about a few issues he was having with the chrome balls magnetizing. He was always very upfront with me with what to expect from his products and I have never been disappointed with what I have received. If we are sharing experiences, mine was top notch. I will order from him again.

#32 5 years ago

I’ll just chime in that I purchased a bunch of Ball Baron balls last year and they were very nice.

#33 5 years ago

I purchased a bunch of the Ball Baron Ninja Chrome ones to put in my route games. I thought the shine on them were phenomenal as the stock Stern balls were beat to crap. I did try using them in games that had magnets and I had to remove them. In Avatar and CV they were sticking together in the trough causing issues with game play. Those ones I had to go back to regular carbon steel.

#34 5 years ago

I replace all of my balls with BallBaron, even NIB games. Top notch, every time.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

This is an unused ball I received shipped in a bag of 100. You can see the ball is not only scuffed (mirror finish?) but is also pitted. I inspect every ball I put in and most of the 50 or so I've put in are scuffed but this is the worst. And this is a picuture of the bag of balls in case anyone else besides the ball baron wants to call me a fraud or make it personal. I'm just trying to help everyone out here avoid this problem and not get ripped off.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from pbwiz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from HighVoltage:

Wow, very disappointing that he didn't take care of you. Mistakes happen and he must have shipped you the wrong bag by mistake: seconds/blemished. I bought a bulk order of his standard carbon balls and some Ninja chrome on Black Friday special, and considered both equal or better than competitor's similar products.
    Similar thing happened to me once with Pinball Life. I ordered a coil, and received the coil, but it didn't have the diode as it was supposed to. He asked me to send a picture. I did of the APB enterprises-branded coil without diode I received from them. He told me it was impossible I got that coil from him. I told him whatever, just send me a diode then. He did send me a different replacement coil though. Still don't know what happened. Shrug.

Quoted from pbwiz:

Look I simply responded to an open inquiry thread and shared my personal experience with regard to the profuct and customer service. Call it whatever you want.

One of my customers just informed of this thread and I wish to submit my reply and formally ask Admin to determine the veracity of the complainant's post.

Not sure if this breaks the rules but this guy went from bad to worse. Even though he was snarky, I offered him a full refund. Then he called the balls "poison" and continued the abuse with expecting nothing but "100% perfection" all the time. I realized that he was showing me photos of merchandise that couldn't be mine, fresh out of the bag. I discovered that he had used the balls for more that 2 months.
    You folks know me well enough to understand I will defend my brand.
    Not only has this guy annoyed me to the point of my ceasing correspondence with him though eBay, now he has switched tactics and gone to this forum to continue harassing me and has named another source for balls and recommended them. I'll let you come to your own conclusions as to what's happening here.
    Contact me directly for a transcript of the entire eBay email conversation with no redactions.
    Thank you GS for making me aware of this caustic post. Some folks just don't play nice.

#36 5 years ago

The first thing I did was offer a complete refund on the returned item. He told me the balls had already been put in machines but claimed to first ball out of the box was imperfect. You would think he would have stopped right there but he loaded his machines and waited over 2 months before informing me.
    Notice the date of his purchase and the date of sending me first notification of defect.
    Also - The photo is of a Carbon ball, as it is literally impossible to have a Crome ball with an irregular surface like that.

#37 5 years ago

That was what I said after 3 days of your verbal abuse and refusal of every offered solution. I did say that in the end and I encourage you to do that.

#38 5 years ago

Lots of positive support here for ya Ball Baron! This guy's post is obviously fake news.

#39 5 years ago

I use and and love these balls. I never thought I would type those words but I love these balls.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

That was what I said after 3 days of your verbal abuse and refusal of every offered solution. I did say that in the end and I encourage you to do that.

I figured the op was full of bs.

Thanks for posting here.

#41 5 years ago

How amazingly frustrating. It's really ironic how we have a forum with members and an important topic here which is pretty straight forward. Either the balls are crap or outstanding and pretty much no in between.

If anyone wants the full communication I'd be happy to share it. Yeah it's a weird one but that in fact was my ball baron experience.

Clearly NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME EXPERIENCE BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE ANOTHERS INVALID.

#42 5 years ago

FFS. I'm sending you a ball and that other dude $6 for his parking.

#43 5 years ago

I don't always play with balls, but when I do, I prefer Ball Baron.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

How amazingly frustrating. It's really ironic how we have a forum with members and an important topic here which is pretty straight forward. Either the balls are crap or outstanding and pretty much no in between.
    If anyone wants the full communication I'd be happy to share it. Yeah it's a weird one but that in fact was my ball baron experience.
    Clearly NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME EXPERIENCE BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE ANOTHERS INVALID.

It does seem pretty straight forward. It's just that no one shares your experience. Seems you have made your experience and thoughts on the product known, others have done the same. Why not leave it at that?

#45 5 years ago

I agree with you. But if in the end it improves the quality of the balls received, then at least this was not completely in vain. I'll take one for the team and deal with my losses. Everyone have a blessed day today including you, David. I know you put alot of hard work into your trade and I respect that and wish you success despite my less than ideal experience. Everyone have a great day.

Quoted from Monk:

It does seem pretty straight forward. It's just that no one shares your experience. Seems you have made your experience and thoughts on the product known, others have done the same. Why not leave it at that?

#46 5 years ago

I'll take one for the team. I need to place an order anyway .. so I'll order ~30 (mix of chrome/ninja) and post the great quality when I receive them. I call BS on this dude.

#47 5 years ago

As the person who discovered Ball Baron and told Pinside about these badass balls in the other "Where are you buying balls" thread, I've worked with David longer than anyone here. He has always stressed customer satisfaction - sometimes to a fault - he'll sometimes offer things to make right that are well beyond what is necessary to make someone happy.

If a customer came to him and sent pics of effed up balls, I cannot for the life of me doubt for a second that he wouldn't replace them. I'm beyond thrilled that he has become the gold standard now for shiny pinballs, but I had to chime in because while no business can satisfy 100% of its customers, David sure does try.

#48 5 years ago

I've ordered from Ball Baron - absolutely no issues, great product and service.

#49 5 years ago

Another happy Ball Baron customer here. I’ve ordered balls from him twice, both orders were perfectly fine and met my expectations. Thanks.

#50 5 years ago

It's satisfying to see the number of happy customers which speaks volumes. I've since communicated with David and taken responsibility for my failings in this situation and he is working with me to correct this matter and he is doing so quite honorably and ABOVE AND BEYOND what I would have anticipated.

Kudos to the Ball Baron. I look forward to sharing photos of the Ninjas.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-here-ordered-from-ball-baron?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.