Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by MNTilter
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6846AF45-E570-4487-888D-E02F2E17886C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9278 (resized).JPG
    deadpool-high-score (resized).jpg
    4D6B2F35-DFC4-4BD7-B6B2-9283760DEECF (resized).jpeg
    C359A231-BAE6-4EDB-8532-F7005982C911 (resized).jpeg
    1A513E59-7205-4B73-AF1F-C0B7981BF056 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8950 (resized).PNG
    IMG_20190329_173756.jpg
    IMG_8946 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8944 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_8937 (resized).JPG
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

It's satisfying to see the number of happy customers which speaks volumes. I've since communicated with David and taken responsibility for my failings in this situation and he is working with me to correct this matter and he is doing so quite honorably and ABOVE AND BEYOND what I would have anticipated.
    Kudos to the Ball Baron. I look forward to sharing photos of the Ninjas.

A note here to finish out the subject of this thread on a positive note. Pwiz contacted me again through the eBay messaging system and offered up an olive branch. It goes without saying that "it takes a man" and I offer up my mia culpa in this situation as well. Cooler heads have now prevailed and this is the transcript of what took place.

Pwiz: Hey David

I'm going to apologize for not doing better at communicating my concerns. And I can understand how this didn't quite work out given the nature of the exchange. Nothing here is personal and I do wish you the best, honestly. If I could turn back and been more proactive and immediately returned all balls I'm confident you would have been honorable just at the time it was not feasible for me. You want to defend your reputation and it may seem and to some extent I was pissed so I was not thinking in that frame but this was my experience and so I will live and learn. But I do wish you success and appreciate your work. Mistakes do happen. You are very right about that."

Me:" I accept your apology and I'm sending you 50 replacement balls and 10 Ninjas. I am also posting your message and my reply to pin life so people can see that even in the rough patches, the fences can be mended if neighbors work for a mutually satisfying outcome.
    Thank you."

#52 5 years ago

To all who buy the Ninjas and my standard stock: I will have new inventory of Carbon balls by the end of this month. If they pass muster, I will give notice when they go 'live'.
    Ninjas will now be produced inside the United States! Erwin Tennessee has agreed to terms and I should have Ninja 2.0 in stock by the end of May.
    Regular Ninjas are still available. Your orders continue to come in every day and I thank you for that.
    Because of tariffs and the higher cost of "Made in the USA", you can expect some upward price shifts. You all know I will try to keep them to a minimum and make it as painless as I can.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

The item description says “SURFACE SHINE IS MEDIUM TO HIGH“ . But you knew that right? And yes BCtrade does have very nice mirror finish balls that I have purchased too, though they are SO shiny for a Carbon Steel ball I almost think they are chrome steel balls being sold as carbon core balls, though I have no proof.

If you are using them in games with magnetic features and having no problems, then they may very well be a ball with less chrome and more carbon.

#54 5 years ago

Boo. I have a few hours left at work here and was looking forward to reading a pissing match to keep me occupied.

Congrats on the resolution.

#55 5 years ago

I love massage parlors........I mean happy endings.

#56 5 years ago

Ball Baron is the best. His carbon steel balls flow through my Dialed In like butter.

After several hundred plays, no magnetization.

#57 5 years ago

I bought 100 balls from him on ebay about a month ago and all were in perfect condition.

#58 5 years ago

So if I bitch a whole bunch, do I get free balls?

nay, that's not my style, but don't encourage it.

I have a two year supply but after that I will be looking for the Barron of Balls.

I love happy endings... That German after the burnt, pooped on playfield is a whole other matter (wrong thread)

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

It's satisfying to see the number of happy customers which speaks volumes. I've since communicated with David and taken responsibility for my failings in this situation and he is working with me to correct this matter and he is doing so quite honorably and ABOVE AND BEYOND what I would have anticipated.
    Kudos to the Ball Baron. I look forward to sharing photos of the Ninjas.

Good for you. Next time try and put things in perspective especially when you are the only one with an issue.

Maybe throw the one ball in the trash and move on.

2 weeks later
    #60 5 years ago

I just replaced the Stern factory balls in my home Deadpool Pro with Chrome Ninjas, and I truly cannot believe the difference. I've only played 4 games since replacing the balls, and I have scored 3 of my top 5 games ever—including my all-time personal best by almost 100 million! I've played several thousand games on this machine, so this is not a coincidence.

I ordered 60 balls based on the reviews on Pinside, and I am really glad I took the leap. These pinballs are amazing.

The shipping was almost as fast as these balls play. I had my order within a couple days of placing it.

Thanks ballbaron and Pinside!

deadpool-high-score (resized).jpgdeadpool-high-score (resized).jpg

#61 5 years ago

If Deadpool has magnets, you will eventually have issues with the chrome balls. They look great though!

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

If Deadpool has magnets, you will eventually have issues with the chrome balls. They look great though!

I know. There are no magnets in Deadpool.

#63 5 years ago

Fabulous avatar budman.

#64 5 years ago

Greta seller, would buy from again....

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Fabulous avatar budman.

Cheers!

#66 5 years ago

ballbaron - Any idea when the carbon steel pinballs for games with magnets will be back in stock??

#67 5 years ago

How long can one expect ball baron balls specifically, or other high quality balls for that matter, to last on the shelf unused before subject to any kind of surface corrosion? Assume storage in the original packaging and not subject to swings in temp and humidity. I'd like to stock up on enough balls to last me through a few years, but would still like the last balls used to be as good as the first balls used.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

How long can one expect ball baron balls specifically, or other high quality balls for that matter, to last on the shelf unused before subject to any kind of surface corrosion? Assume storage in the original packaging and not subject to swings in temp and humidity. I'd like to stock up on enough balls to last me through a few years, but would still like the last balls used to be as good as the first balls used.

If stored with a film of oil on the entire sphere, in a plastic bag, at least 25 years.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Storing them in an airtight container fully immersed in motor oil they should keep indefinitely.

#70 5 years ago

I ordered 25 chrome ninjas and every ball is perfection. The Barons Balls are smooth people.

#71 5 years ago

The Ball Baron is great

#72 5 years ago

I keep them in a zip lock freezer bag with a few packets of silica gel, and squeeze the air out before I zip it closed. They have the original thin oil finish he ships them with. No issues and I've stored them like this for a year plus now.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

ballbaron - Any idea when the carbon steel pinballs for games with magnets will be back in stock??

Quoted from AUKraut:

Unfortunately, I just got 1-1/2 tons of Carbon pinballs in and they are about 35% defective. Last time I visually inspect about 1800 pounds as the orders came in and it was a grueling task. I can neither afford the time or energy to do that again. I am going to offer the balls at a loss because I can't return them to China, (by the way, the only place to manufacture the carbons). Other suppliers have simply given up but I'm going to inspect a small amount for limited retail sale but not for bulk orders. If you want bulk, you can buy these at a huge discount knowing that you will have at least 30% pick-outs. The ones that pass, look just fine, nice and shiny. I will be adding the listing to the ball baron.com site this week as well as on Ebay for the international buyers and my distributors in Australia and France. Due to the tariffs, the price on the quality passed carbon ball will be increased to $1.15 per ball. With what I sell in small amount, I can offset the loss on bulk sales and maybe come close to breaking even but this shipment really hurt me.

#74 4 years ago

You should keep them well lubed while in storage and move them around every so often. ( 'A rolling stone gathers no moss' rule). Chromes will last longer than Carbons because the ball is harder. I'd say you get about a year for sure with carbons but there are no guarantees.

#75 4 years ago

cant expect great quality for $33c cost

#76 4 years ago

The Ninjas from The Ball Baron came through! They arrived complete with care kit (which really made my day). They are very nice as you can see, really shiny and reflective like you see in the ad. Showcase quality. These are the nicest pinballs I have seen yet.

IMG_9278 (resized).JPGIMG_9278 (resized).JPG
    #77 4 years ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

The Ninjas from The Ball Baron came through! They arrived complete with care kit (which really made my day). They are very nice as you can see, really shiny and reflective like you see in the ad. Showcase quality. These are the nicest pinballs I have seen yet.
    [quoted image]

Show off those stickers I sent you. Put one on your kids lunchbox!

1 month later
    #78 4 years ago

Now that my Rocket is done these babies are getting some play. Love’m!

6846AF45-E570-4487-888D-E02F2E17886C (resized).jpeg6846AF45-E570-4487-888D-E02F2E17886C (resized).jpeg
    1 year later
    #79 3 years ago

Attention Poinballers! You've been Asking when I would have a sale and the time has come. July 1 starts the Independence Day Sale and all three pinball options will be discounted a whopping 17.76%.(prices rounded up or down hit whole numbers) The sale include Ninja, Polaris Carbon and Standard Chrome pinballs with a limit of 50 per purchase. No coupon code necessary, just visit ballbaron.com and make your purchase. Sale starts July 1 and ends July 7

3 years later
    #80 3 months ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

Unfortunately, I just got 1-1/2 tons of Carbon pinballs in and they are about 35% defective. Last time I visually inspect about 1800 pounds as the orders came in and it was a grueling task. I can neither afford the time or energy to do that again. I am going to offer the balls at a loss because I can't return them to China, (by the way, the only place to manufacture the carbons). Other suppliers have simply given up but I'm going to inspect a small amount for limited retail sale but not for bulk orders. If you want bulk, you can buy these at a huge discount knowing that you will have at least 30% pick-outs. The ones that pass, look just fine, nice and shiny. I will be adding the listing to the ball baron.com site this week as well as on Ebay for the international buyers and my distributors in Australia and France. Due to the tariffs, the price on the quality passed carbon ball will be increased to $1.15 per ball. With what I sell in small amount, I can offset the loss on bulk sales and maybe come close to breaking even but this shipment really hurt me.

Sounds like the ones. I have been getting fom Ball Baron. Quality is hit and miss, unfortunately.

3 months later
    #81 7 days ago

I know this is an ancient thread, but came up when I googled for 'best pinballs'. And promptly ordered some Ninjas from Ballbaron. Funny how that mess in the middle got sorted out!

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-here-ordered-from-ball-baron/page/2?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.