Anyone here knowledgeable about Midway Touchmaster?

(Topic ID: 186329)

Anyone here knowledgeable about Midway Touchmaster?

By Insane

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Insane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20170417-01848 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I am having an issue with my Touchmaster Infinity. I posted a thread over on KLOV, but thought I would ask here as well. I had it on location. I got a call saying it was messed up. When I got there, all it says on screen is "Enter CURRENT Password". I tried rebooting, same thing. it starts Post, then I get a Splash screen "intel motherboard" or similar, which I have never seen before. then it continues post, then in the center of the screen I get the password message. the test button doesn't do anything. Any ideas?
I was also getting a small shock when I touched the machine. I checked my power cord, and the ground is intact, and has continuity. it could have been at the bar, it was plugged into an extension cord, and I don't know if their ground was good. The other thing I found, was the touch screen controller was just laying in the cabinet, not velcro'd to the side. Doesn't look like it has been the whole time I've had it. It had been moved recently, but I don't see anything loose.

#2 1 year ago

Sounds like a BIOS password. Can you get a photo of the screen? As for the shocking, I would say their ground is open. Try one of those ground testers:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ReceptTest?adpos=1o1&creative=54989263441&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=ReceptTest&gclid=CKeIlf7_ntMCFQ2UaQodEBwDvQ

#3 1 year ago

Can you remove the motherboard battery for a bit and see if that resets the bios and clears the password?

#4 1 year ago

Probably should replace the battery with a new one anyway.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

Sounds like a BIOS password. Can you get a photo of the screen? As for the shocking, I would say their ground is open. Try one of those ground testers:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ReceptTest?adpos=1o1&creative=54989263441&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=ReceptTest&gclid=CKeIlf7_ntMCFQ2UaQodEBwDvQ

I have a video, but all it says is "Enter CURRENT Password" in the middle of the screen. I am going to pull the battery and check/replace it this afternoon. I have the board out of the machine, along with the PS and the HD. I was wondering about a security key, but I don't see anything I think would be it. There is a board ABYSS security board, which connects to the Dolphin board with a cable, maybe that's it. I checked the cable at both ends, it was plugged in. And the Intel splash screen makes me think it might be the bios as well. but in the past any computer I worked on, where the bios lost the cmos, it would usually ask for boot information. The only other stuff I see in post is it says USB legacy enabled Then Keyboard Error. And I'm pretty sure it said both before.

#6 1 year ago

So I checked the battery, supposed to be 3 volts, reads 0.17. Might be the problem.... I hope. I'm going to try to clean some of the nicotine off of everything inside while I can, and pick up some Velcro to reattach the touch screen controller. hope to reinstall everything Friday. If anyone has any other ideas that I need to check, let me know. thanks for any and all help.

#7 1 year ago

Ok, cleaned it up some. Installed the new battery. started it up. Set the date in the cmos, and set the boot sequence. Didn't see anything else that looked like I needed to change, so Saved and exited. Game boots like it should, still see the intel motherboard screen, that I've never seen. System loads, then I get a red screen, Dolphin I/O card not found. I have 3 led's lit on the card that I can see. When I go into the diagnostic, I get:

U7 (FPGA) FAIL 4102

U1 (UART) PASS
U9 (AT88SC153) PASS
Abyss PASS

I found the U7, doesn't look like any chip I've seen before. looks almost like one of the led's on the board.
Any ideas??

Was there something I should have set in the bios that I didn't?

#8 1 year ago

bump it up, someone out there had to be knowledgeable about these...

#9 1 year ago

Does U7 have a part number? I wonder if it's an EPROM?

#10 1 year ago

i would have to get a magnifying glass, u7 is about the size of 2 grains of rice side by side.

#11 1 year ago

Ok, after looking at this again, what I thought was U7, I don't think is. I thought that the component just under the U7 was it, but looking at it again, I think it is referring to the square chip Actel A54Sx16P, TQ144 9838.
So I think I need someone who has one, that can double check my CMOS settings.

IMG-20170417-01848 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 989.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside