Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Honch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
    gary-is-that-you (resized).jpg
    IMG_2480 (resized).PNG
    Danth6LC03QZU (resized).jpg
    Gary come home (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0412.GIF
    IMG_0413.GIF
    IMG_0417.GIF
    IMG_0416.GIF
    IMG_0414.GIF
    IMG_0410.GIF
    Gary-x-SB-5.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Gary turned me on to pinballs back in the 80’s, we had tons of fun. He had a garage full of games, always fixing and flipping them back in the day, but we lost touch. He helped me get Strike Zone, and few other games too.......he got struck one day by lightning when he was putting speakers in his car on the driveway.

(He survived )

#2 5 years ago

Not Gary, but good luck in your search. Bump for Gary!

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Not Gary, but good luck in your search. Bump for Gary!

Thanks for the bump ! Hope I find him, I’m sure he has been on this site.

Bought a Zarracia Soccer King in the early 90s that I ended up with, we played the crap out of that machine. “Shoot for the the center” ...... “ohhhhh”. Always went back to the EMs though, had a Williams Gulfstream that was just awesome. The back glass was cracked, the cabinet was beat, and the play field was maybe a 7 at best, but man that machine rocked! To bad is was a single player, if it was a 2 plus player I would still have it (maybe).

#4 5 years ago

There is a bbs service in Florida for arcade and pinball collectors called Village. You can join for free. My handle on Village is bluespin but I’m not on there often. Good luck in your search.

John

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

#5 5 years ago

This has all the markings of a new bromance. Will Ozone find Gary before the sands of time run out? Gary if your out there, shout out.

#7 5 years ago

Cool thread Bump!

#8 5 years ago

It ain't me.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

There is a bbs service in Florida for arcade and pinball collectors called Village. You can join for free. My handle on Village is bluespin but I’m not on there often. Good luck in your search.
    John
    http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

Looking for high-energy Gary. Struck by lightning once and now often seen wondering around town sporting his favorite blue thunder jacket.

IMG_0404 (resized).JPGIMG_0404 (resized).JPG

#10 5 years ago

gary_the_snail_by_imagineapplescruffs-d60wsw0 (resized).jpggary_the_snail_by_imagineapplescruffs-d60wsw0 (resized).jpg

#11 5 years ago

A4A3C9D2-B8BE-4938-A02B-F727C1FC320E (resized).pngA4A3C9D2-B8BE-4938-A02B-F727C1FC320E (resized).png

#12 5 years ago

Lol, thanks for all the love guys ! The search continues......

#13 5 years ago

Who is this Gary character?

5DB572BA-ECAB-4650-A6CC-1DBD14D65046 (resized).jpeg5DB572BA-ECAB-4650-A6CC-1DBD14D65046 (resized).jpeg
    #14 5 years ago

Dedicated to those who've lost a buddy but want to dance again one day!

IMG_0405.GIFIMG_0405.GIFIMG_0406.GIFIMG_0406.GIFIMG_0409.GIFIMG_0409.GIF

IMG_0410.GIFIMG_0410.GIF
    #15 5 years ago

Show us your moves, Gary!

IMG_0407.GIFIMG_0407.GIFIMG_0408.GIFIMG_0408.GIFIMG_0411.GIFIMG_0411.GIF

#16 5 years ago

91Kur28us9L._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg91Kur28us9L._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg
    Gary-x-SB-5.jpgGary-x-SB-5.jpg

#17 5 years ago

The pain slowly melts.

IMG_0412.GIFIMG_0412.GIFIMG_0413.GIFIMG_0413.GIFIMG_0414.GIFIMG_0414.GIFIMG_0416.GIFIMG_0416.GIFIMG_0417.GIFIMG_0417.GIF

#18 5 years ago

Pinballgary here, didn't you like bowling pins.?. I still fix 3 or 4 pins a week out of my Largo garage.768 pins repaired and shopped still going strong!

#19 5 years ago

I found Gary!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #20 5 years ago

Good guy Gary, bought a Cyclone from him a long time ago from a place that used to have live Porpoise {Dolphin} shows now turned into a bar.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I found Gary!!!

I think u found him too late.

#22 5 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #23 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I found Gary!!!

Last time I saw Gary, he was entering Walmart.

#25 5 years ago

^^^ That has to be him. If ever a guy was struck by lightning and lived it is this guy!

#26 5 years ago

Sending out an APB for Gary. There's no place like home.

Gary come home (resized).jpgGary come home (resized).jpg
    #27 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballgary:

Pinballgary here, didn't you like bowling pins.?. I still fix 3 or 4 pins a week out of my Largo garage.768 pins repaired and shopped still going strong!

Damn dude how the hell have you been ! Yeah, I got a 300 and Triple Strike from you and you helped me looked at a Strike Zone over in Tampa that I still have. I just sent you a PM. You still in the same neighborhood?

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Good guy Gary, bought a Cyclone from him a long time ago from a place that used to have live Porpoise {Dolphin} shows now turned into a bar.

I remember he had a few machines at the Porpoise Pub, we would go and “service” them by drinking beer and playing them. That was a cool place, to bad it burned down a few years ago.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ozone:

Damn dude how the hell have you been ! Yeah, I got a 300 and Triple Strike from you and you helped me looked at a Strike Zone over in Tampa that I still have. I just sent you a PM. You still in the same neighborhood?

Success! Congrats!

#30 5 years ago

#31 5 years ago

pinballgary I like your style. If you ever tire of Ozone, I think we might really hit it off. Do you remember getting struck by a bolt, what was it like?

#32 5 years ago

Ach, tough crowd. Remind me to go elsewhere if I ever need to locate someone!

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't know about that. It was the stupid posts that kept this thread going.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

No kidding ! I remember when I had my first beer, though the internet wasn’t around then.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I don't know about that. It was the stupid posts that kept this thread going.

Yeah, I guess in this case, the ends justified the means.

#37 5 years ago

Ok the jolt of the lightning story ,my neighbor and I were cutting out the holes for speakers on the truck doors. The ground was wet a lightning bolt hit the power pole out back split it two pieces. I was on my knees and woke up in my garage. It was like when at school biology class you would put some voltage to a frogs leg and it would move. I couldn't stand for hours, and the neighbor buddy ran home he was ok, but I has to finish the speaker job myself.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballgary:

Ok the jolt of the lightning story ,my neighbor and I were cutting out the holes for speakers on the truck doors. The ground was wet a lightning bolt hit the power pole out back split it two pieces. I was on my knees and woke up in my garage. It was like when at school biology class you would put some voltage to a frogs leg and it would move. I couldn't stand for hours, and the neighbor buddy ran home he was ok, but I has to finish the speaker job myself.

That was me that that was there that day, you were working on your truck, I had just walked into your garage when BAM ! The next thing I knew is you came flying into the garage and collapsed on the floor. You were basically paralyzed, and you kept saying you couldn’t move your legs. Finally after a while you were able to get up, I remember your wife and daughter were horrified too. Man that was a crazy day. Are you still in the same house ? I sent you my number via PM, lets get in touch.

#39 5 years ago

You two see a Gary around here? No Lt. Dan!

Danth6LC03QZU (resized).jpgDanth6LC03QZU (resized).jpg
    #40 5 years ago

pinballgary did you get any super powers that day? What a scary thing to happen.

IMG_2480 (resized).PNGIMG_2480 (resized).PNG
    #41 5 years ago

Any scars from the lightning strike? It does cause some bad ones.

#42 5 years ago

So this statement should light up the “pics & gifs”:

“I have talked to Gary”

Let the fun begin !

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Last time I saw Gary, he was entering Walmart.

Well, he does appear to be entering something...

#44 5 years ago

I visited Gary in Indiana.

#45 5 years ago
    gary-is-that-you (resized).jpggary-is-that-you (resized).jpg
    #48 5 years ago

Thankfully Gary's dog came away unscathed that day too

IMG_0425 (resized).JPGIMG_0425 (resized).JPG

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Thankfully Gary's dog came away unscathed that day too

I dont think i would call that unscathed. He now has hair like Don King anf some paralysis on the right side of his mouth looks like. Lol

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Who is this Gary character?

Brilliant! Plus it was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-here-gary-from-seminole-fl-?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.