(Topic ID: 307974)

Anyone here ever buy a game from Pinball Machine Center?

By SpecialK-33

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hello Pinsiders. Just like the title says...have any of you ever bought a game from Pinball Machine Center in New York? If so, how was the transaction, communication, customer service, etc? I'm considering buying a game from them and having it shipped.

Appreciate your thoughts.

#2 2 years ago

It's a scam site. There's quite a number of them, unfortunately.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites

Be sure to visit the game manufacturer's websites to check for legitimate distributors.

#3 2 years ago

I wonder how many people get hit by these scammers every day? Enough for them to make all these sites I guess. That is too bad.

Twilight Zone for $4k? Hobbit for $5k? Wow.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Twilight Zone for $4k? Hobbit for $5k? Wow.

If something sounds too good to be true...

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Enough for them to make all these sites I guess.

Exactly. They wouldn't keep creating new ones if it wasn't worthwhile for them. The domain names, web hosting, and google ads aren't typically free.

#6 2 years ago

And that's what I thought! Thanks guys

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Hello Pinsiders. Just like the title says...have any of you ever bought a game from Pinball Machine Center in New York? If so, how was the transaction, communication, customer service, etc? I'm considering buying a game from them and having it shipped.
    Appreciate your thoughts.

You’ve been around here for 7 years and you are asking this?

This is getting scary.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You’ve been around here for 7 years and you are asking this?
    This is getting scary.

When you so, so, so badly want something to be true...

#9 2 years ago

People. People. People. IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS!

1 year later
    #10 1 year ago

Pinball machine center is a total scam site. Their webpage looks really cool, best their scammed money can buy. Avoid like the plague. 30% advertised discounts is to good to be true. I’m surprised the FBI hadn’t shut them down yet.

8 months later
    #12 5 months ago

So sad that these sites are allowed to keep swindling unsuspecting first time Pinners! Thanks god there is Pinside to hopefully provide them with enough information to prevent them from getting taken advantage of. I wish the internet could rid these sites!

Oh well Buyer beware.

#13 5 months ago
    Quoted from Flexonguy:

Thanks god there is Pinside to hopefully provide them with enough information to prevent them from getting taken advantage of.

Pinside - where we’re really good at highlighting external scammer sites, but allow them with open arms to create accounts and try to scam here.

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Pinside - where we’re really good at highlighting external scammer sites, but allow them with open arms to create accounts and try to scam here.

There are quite a lot of mechanisms in place to try to prevent scamming and spamming--the success rate of scammers/spammers making it past all that is actually really low.

However, if you anything happens to make it past the net, it usually gets spotted very quickly by alert members. If you happen to notice anything, please let a moderator know.

I dislike spamming & scamming as much as anyone--so much so that I maintain this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/

I frequently see it referenced on other sites and communities.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-here-ever-buy-a-game-from-pinball-machine-center?hl=ruralcollector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.