(Topic ID: 117932)

Anyone Here Even Bother to Waste their Time With Mr.Pinball Anymore?

By jjpm

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

party0005.gif
    #1 9 years ago

I've responded to a couple of X Mission Adds and it seems to like lately, the same people who respond to those adds are the people who think their pinballs are worth beyond full retail or what restoration hardware charges for them. Is anyone here having any luck with Mr Pinball anymore? I'm getting tired of the "my pinball is worth $5K" replies and bottom feeders myself and am ready to pull all my ads from that source myself.

#2 9 years ago

Sure. Bought a couple games off of there as of late.

Not sure why it has to be a big life decision. It's just another place to advertise pins for free. If it ain't working for you or otherwise causing you misery stop using it.

#3 9 years ago

Nope. I will go look now and then.
    But it's Now worse than ebay.
    Almost everyone there is asking way crazy prices. The real rub is probably very few outside of our hobby even know it exists.

#4 9 years ago

I get the email every day and give it a look just to see whats around and what people are asking for titles, but I am still not ready to buy a game sight unseen from a stranger.

#5 9 years ago

Mr. Pinball has been a wonderful resource for the pinball community for many years. Don't use it if you don't like it, but I hope it remains as
    it has been for a long time to come. I've bought and sold many games over the years through the Mr. Pinball classified ads.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Mr. Pinball has been a wonderful resource for the pinball community for many years. Don't use it if you don't like it, but I hope it remains as
    it has been for a long time to come. I've bought and sold many games over the years through the Mr. Pinball classified ads.

It's not worth it to me when I see a part I want, email for a picture, and get a "I already got an offer for more than I wanted for the part" which is the standard response I get whenever I reply if I even get a response anymore.

Forget it if there is a pinball and God forbid I actually want to see what the machine looks like before committing to buy. I get better replies from Ebay which is pretty pathetic.

Once upon a time, I actually got real replies via that service. Now it seems to be worse than Craigs list.

#7 9 years ago

Listed a game last December. Received nothing but scam emails. Sorry Mr. Pinball. No more.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I get the email every day and give it a look just to see whats around and what people are asking for titles, but I am still not ready to buy a game sight unseen from a stranger.

How is that any different than here?!

I've bought/sold a hundred or so pins off mrpinball. It's pretty much the same as doing it here.

#9 9 years ago

I agree with CrazyLevi and JR... There are many reliable folks who use the Mr. Pinball forum. I've bought and sold from there and have not been disappointed. After awhile, you begin to know who's who out there. Good luck

#10 9 years ago

Mr. Pinball, like just about every venue available for selling pinball machines, has seen the invasion of the price-escalators. They're everywhere - advertising their games for sale at top dollar plus. While I find it annoying to see these overpriced games on the Mr. Pinball advertisement each day, it's easy enough to skip past it, just like I do on craigslist and every other venue I check for games.

Dave

#11 9 years ago

As a buyer, I check there every once in a while, but usually the prices are sky high, so I've never bought anything.

#12 9 years ago

Mr. Pinball has been a wonderful resource for me too throughout the years, I check it every day religiously. Either for a title I am looking for or a particular part. Also a wonderful resource to put up a game or part for sale. I'm not seeing how Mr. Pinball is responsible for people trying to sell their stuff at inflated prices?? Or for scammers across the ocean trying to take your money either as someone else stated. Not to mention not charging a lousy 'dime' for doing so. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How is that any different than here?!
    I've bought/sold a hundred or so pins off mrpinball. It's pretty much the same as doing it here.

Agreed. It's totally me. I haven't bought any games on here sight unseen either. I have gone to look at games I saw on pinside and buy after looking them over. I have never bought a game based on photos and had it shipped. It's really more a comment on how I rarely see games from my area on there. If there was a local game on me pinball I was interested in I would go look at it.

#14 9 years ago

I have to be honest I really only use the price guide and only because when I am looking for a title.
    I can look back through the years at the fluctuation in price vs the rest of the market flex.
    For generally finding prices I like it. I have had no luck with posting or responding to pinballs or parts for sale. Hit or miss same as using CL.

#15 9 years ago

I glance at it on occasion. Update pin photos add or remove games.

#16 9 years ago

Been about 2 years since I got a pin off that site

Check it pretty regularly, but like ebay everything is so far away

#17 9 years ago

Get 4 emails every day from them with the new additions, just sold a backglass to someone looking for one I had sitting, so I would still say it works just fine!! party0005.gifparty0005.gif

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Mr. Pinball has been a wonderful resource for me too throughout the years, I check it every day religiously. Either for a title I am looking for or a particular part. Also a wonderful resource to put up a game or part for sale. I'm not seeing how Mr. Pinball is responsible for people trying to sell their stuff at inflated prices?? Or for scammers across the ocean trying to take your money either as someone else stated. Not to mention not charging a lousy 'dime' for doing so. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!

I can't agree more. Mr pinball has been the only place i can find some parts that i have been looking for. I've found a couple parts here but it seems i can't get them to send me anything. Two or three time we have agreed on price then the emails dry up. I'm still new to the hobby so any place i can find what i need is a plus. Some of there prices are a liitle high and not everyone can be taken seriously. Mr. pinball will have all the ignorant people just like everyone else but it still serves a purpose.

#19 9 years ago

Its the 1st site I check everyday. But just to browse, Ive never contacted anyone. Crazy over-retail pricing right now for some reason. Just bought a brand new used car, so Im not in the market presently. But I keep looking, hoping Ill see a low priced HRC.

#20 9 years ago

I was drooling over that 8k LTBR LE though. One day...

#21 9 years ago

From an EM projects perspective, it offers little to interest. Used to be more of that kind of listing. Have to agree with most other posters here that it has become Epay-like with full retail ++ prices.

#22 9 years ago

Great place to watch George T. Riley and Jack in Cincinnati try and unload a million games.

#23 9 years ago

I've been getting the 4 emails a day too for probably a decade. Takes a minute to cruise through them. I can spare the time before work. Also will once in a while find someone that wants a part that I have. I've bought and sold many games, no bad deals so far, just need to be careful.

#24 9 years ago

I still like it will continue to use it - kinda old school like my em's...... But I do agree, prices are high on a lot of games nowadays.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from oldcarz:

I agree with CrazyLevi and JR... There are many reliable folks who use the Mr. Pinball forum. I've bought and sold from there and have not been disappointed. After awhile, you begin to know who's who out there. Good luck

Agreed... I've used it a TON of times with great success. It's just one of many great resources we have as pinball nuts that I hope NEVER changes or disappears.

#26 9 years ago

I checked it five minutes ago looking for a great price on a Stern Mustang Pro and found a listing from last July. Pretty sure at the price listed it was gone long ago but is still listed! The other two that are listed are priced at full retail + S&H. I enjoy checking the site and hope it doesn't go away, even if I seldom find what I searching for (at a price that I can afford).

#27 9 years ago

Mr. Pinball is still a great resource, if you can stand the complete lack of drama . . .

#28 9 years ago

I like the repair tips of the day. Some are very helpful.

#29 9 years ago

Haven't been there in years

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

I've been getting the 4 emails a day too for probably a decade.

Four emails? What four do you get? I get two. One for new listings of parts for sale and one for new listings of machines for sale.

EDIT: NEVER MIND! I just checked, I see they have email options for new listings for WTB too.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#31 9 years ago

I am a buyer not a seller and use the parts wanted and for sale section. Its another option to possibly get parts. Its hit and miss and I have totally struck out lately with smaller requests with last two people saying they have the parts and asking me to contact them but they never respond further. They probably rechecked and found they didn't have it. I sometimes respond to people where I have seen what they want on EBay or PBR specials etc.

I got a part from a Neil Nagy out of NJ after advertising and he was able to find other parts so that alone is for me a positive reason to use this site.

Steve J.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-here-even-bother-to-waste-their-time-with-mrpinball-anymore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.