Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by xeneize
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7D39EAA8-123D-40D3-B1BD-FE2D6EA80E9C (resized).jpeg
    screenshot-twitter.com-2020.01.17-20_09_12 (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

I've always had deep love for robots since I grew up as a kid in the 80's when the pinnacle of robot saga was unfolding. When I was 5 years old, I was hit by a drunk driver with a motorcycle and woke up in the hospital 7 days later in the hospital bed. The two things I remember like it was yesterday are that I looked like a freakin mummy and the new diecast voltron set and optimus prime that my dad bought and put it right next to my bed.

Ever since then I've been a toy fanatic and a collector of high end robots especially soul of chogokins. I know I can't be the only guy with a chogokin obsession and would like to know if any of you guys have similar interest/hobby as me. And I know many of you might think it's silly that I still collect these toys but I can assure you these aren't toys for kids and kids damn sure can't afford these even if they wanted one anyways.

Voltron is my shit and praying maybe oneday, they will make a voltron pin.

#2 4 years ago

I love my soul of chogokins. Although my collection is tiny. Bandai engineering is pretty incredible to say the least.

#3 4 years ago

I missed the first issued voltron and the price went crazy high so gave up on it. But thank god for the second reissue. Finally got my perfect voltron.

#4 4 years ago

I picked one up when it first came out and bought another one when they reissued it. And yes this is the perfect voltron we've been asking for all these years finally.

#5 4 years ago

Always admire them from afar. Our house is pretty small, and any extra space is hoarded meticulously for pins. Plus, they are $$$. I would absolutely love to one day get a nice, large scale Mazinger Z, as that was the first anime I ever saw (followed 30 minutes later by Robotech, which I also have great memories of. No pun intended)

#6 4 years ago

i just got my dx chogokin robotech vf-1s few days ago. This thing is as perfect as it can get for a transformable robotech fighter.

screenshot-twitter.com-2020.01.17-20_09_12 (resized).pngscreenshot-twitter.com-2020.01.17-20_09_12 (resized).png
    #7 4 years ago

that thing is sweet. How big and heavy is it?

#8 4 years ago

In robot/battleroid mode, it stands about 11-12 inch tall. It's quite hefty, all the joints and landing gear,legs and feet are diecast.

#9 4 years ago

There was a time I was into robots, but then I sold them all to pursue pinball....

7D39EAA8-123D-40D3-B1BD-FE2D6EA80E9C (resized).jpeg7D39EAA8-123D-40D3-B1BD-FE2D6EA80E9C (resized).jpeg
    #10 4 years ago

ebay.com link: 0

Happen to stumble across this the other day. Love Voltron so much. Been teasing a Voltron home brew attempt since I got in the hobby.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

There was a time I was into robots, but then I sold them all to pursue pinball....[quoted image]

now that's what I'm talking about!! Those are some giant go nagai trio you got there. I never seen ones that big before. what was your favorite robot out of your collection?

Quoted from mrm_4:

ebay.com link
    Happen to stumble across this the other day. Love Voltron so much. Been teasing a Voltron home brew attempt since I got in the hobby.

We need Voltron pinball like yesterday!!

#12 4 years ago

Years ago, I had amassed a pretty large robot collection. All the G1 transformers and Shoguns... for starters.

Pins take up a lot of space and all the robots had to go... all of them but the Chogokins!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.