3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xtraball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 3 years ago

I realize there is no one definitive answer to my question, but about how much do you (the salesman, not the dealership) make a new vehicle sale?
Lets say a $50k Ford, Chevy etc truck?
I'm only asking about a new vehicle.

#2 3 years ago

I used to be but I am on the banking side now. so it all depends if the dealer discounts the vehicle off of sticker, and or if the buyer has the employee discount. could make anywhere on avg 75-1000

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I realize there is no one definitive answer to my question, but about how much do you (the salesman, not the dealership) make a new vehicle sale?
Lets say a $50k Ford, Chevy etc truck?
I'm only asking about a new vehicle.

Every dealership is different with their own proprietary compensation structure. Many of the sales agents have a fixed comp plan that works like a draw that gets normalized over some period of time.

#4 3 years ago

Would it be worth the investment to slip a salesperson a $100 to help get a great deal, or do you think they would just think I'm a sucker for doing so?

#5 3 years ago

Sold new Chevys from ‘85 to ‘99, new Hondas from ‘99-2018. I’m sure you’re not going to pay sticker (unless you’re buying a vehicle that is in such demand that there’s not enough to go around). All you have to do is test drive what you’re interested in and don’t even bother talking price until you know what you want. Then call or email the salespeople who’ve helped you and have them give you their best price. Get at least 2-3 prices on the same vehicle built the same way. If the dealer you want to buy from isn’t the lowest, see if they’ll match. It’s not a bad thing to pay a LITTLE more to buy from a dealer you like. As for the salesperson’s kick, all dealers have their own pay plan but he’s probably going to make $100 or so. If he hits a certain # of units for the month, he’ll get a bonus. There’s other ways they can make more money too so don’t worry about him. Keep your $100 and send him referrals. For more info send me a private message.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-here-a-new-vehicle-salesman- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.