(Topic ID: 28747)

Anyone heard or bought from Action Pinball & Amusement in Utah?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Just came across this company last night while searching for the game I want. Looks like they do a very detailed job. Please let me know.

http://www.actionpinball.com/pininfo.htm

#2 11 years ago

I have seen that LLC online for years but have never done business with them.

#3 11 years ago

I've purchased parts from them in the past, before I discovered other retailers that sold the same parts for less money. Their prices aren't ridiculous, but an extra 25 cents here and an extra 75 cents there starts to add up if you're ordering quantity.

The service I received from Action Pinball was excellent. Shipping was timely and when the wrong bulbs were accidentally shipped they shipped out the roper bulbs the same day I notified them of the problem and told me I didn't need to bother shipping the incorrect bulbs back to them.

You should also note that they have a used parts section. Twice I have found an original part there that you won't find at other retailers.

-Steve

#4 11 years ago

Bought a few miscellanous parts from them. Prices were a bit high, but they had some things that I did not see elsewhere. Service was good, no issues.

#5 11 years ago

Nothing but great things to say about them. I've also used them for riveting services and it was a super fast turnaround time and a whole lot cheaper than going out and getting a rivet setup.

#6 11 years ago

Some say best rubber kits available.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Evets:

You should also note that they have a used parts section. Twice I have found an original part there that you won't find at other retailers.

I agree, some unique parts, good company that has been in business a long time.

#8 11 years ago

Ordered from them a few times. Actually found them less expensive on a few items, and only source for a couple things too.
    Fast service.

#9 11 years ago

Ray Johnson, owner of Action Pinball Amusements is a great guy. He's been in this business hobby, longer than most of us here. He used to frequent rgp quite regularly, no idea what he's up to these days.

#10 11 years ago

I buy from him every month when I go to Salt lake City.Hes a really nice guy and a really great pinball machine restorer.

#11 11 years ago

Parts ship fast. Some games are dialed the best I've seen. Games are very, very pricey though.

#12 11 years ago

They charge 8.95 flat shipping even if you are buying a .99 part. I need a couple of drop target decals that would take .40 cents to ship in a envelope but I am not paying $9 shipping..

#13 11 years ago

Have no worries purchasing anything from Ray. Great guy and great work. His pinball machines are beautiful, but expensive.

#14 11 years ago

I buy Roms from them, & use the site for Rom update history.
    Always been a smooth deal.

#15 11 years ago

I have recently placed two orders from them. I thought their prices were fair and their shipping was extremely fast. I am in New Hampshire, I just placed an order Sunday night and received it Wednesday. I would definately order from them again.

#16 11 years ago

I've ordered from before. Never had any problems.

#17 11 years ago

I've ordered from Ray many times and have visited his shop a couple times. Great guy and we've been able to debug a few problems over the phone. Highly recommend.

#18 11 years ago

I've ordered from them. Exceptional service. Prices are higher than PBL, but if PBL doesn't have it, I wouldn't hesitate to order from Action, again.

5 years later
    #19 5 years ago

Thumbs up for Action Pinball. I don't see them mentioned often, but they do have some parts that others don't have. I just ordered some parts, and they came quickly.

#20 5 years ago

Resurrected thread of the year award goes to....

#21 5 years ago

Well, just thought I'd give a shout out to Action Pinball. I never hear anyone talk about them.

#22 5 years ago

Ray is great, and still in business.

#23 5 years ago

Buy with confidence!

#24 5 years ago

Great business!

3 years later
    #25 2 years ago

Just found they have parts I need that no one really else sells. I'll be giving them. some business and hope to continue!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-heard-or-bought-from-action-pinball-amusement-in-utah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.