Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Emailed him like 2 weeks ago, never heard back. Just went ahead and ordered the chip I need a week ago, haven't ever recieved any kind of indication the order was recieved, or that it's been shipped. Seems odd, and I need my game fixed. I have a local contact that can burn chips, but he's an hour round trip drive across Dallas plus more than the cost of just getting the chip from John in the first place..

Anyone recieved ordered chips or talked to him in this timeframe?

#2 7 years ago

I PM'd him here about a week ago, no reply.

#3 7 years ago

He responded to someone in another thread that he's had some kind of personal / family issues going on that's taking him away from pinball stuff for quite a while. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

#4 7 years ago

Well that answers why I never heard back from my email to him as well for some custom pinbot roms.

Hope all is well for him and his family.

#5 7 years ago

John's okay. Just going through a rough patch and spending lots of time with his family. Everybody needs a little break from life from time to time so they can focus on what's important.

#6 7 years ago

John's been having a rough time, he is a great guy and a huge asset to the pinball community so please be patient!

#7 7 years ago

Hope John is ok. Life is rough sometimes

#8 7 years ago

Thanks for the update.. I sent him all my Black Knight boards back in mid December so I'm anxiously waiting patiently for them...

#9 7 years ago

I hope everything ends up better for John in his life, great asset to this community and I'm sure an even better person.

#10 7 years ago

John wrote up a post a few years ago that helped me be confident enough to reimport a table. Hope all is well with him.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Thanks for the update.. I sent him all my Black Knight boards back in mid December so I'm anxiously waiting patiently for them...

Your boards are safe. But yeah...you'll have to be patient.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Boy talk about patience you've got them alright.

#13 7 years ago

I've sent board to John for repair before and I have to say he's the best. I hope what ever he's dealing with gets resolved soon.

#14 7 years ago

Pinball is just a hobby for john,
    I am sure he will take care of you

#15 7 years ago

Worth the wait . The cleanliness of his repairs are amazing. Super fair rates too. Hope life gets better for him.

#16 7 years ago

John is the only guy I trust with my stuff. Stand up guy, great prices, & warranty. Be patient grasshopper. It'll be worth it.

#17 7 years ago

It's cool...I just need the chip to unbrick my WPT lol. Was more worried that something had happened.thanks for the replies folks.

#18 7 years ago

Ugh I bought some ROM's on one of his Ebay auctions and payed for express shipping to get them quicker, guess that was a waste. See that there has been some feedback about slow shipping lately. I destroyed the one I pulled out of my Lost World. Wish I would have got it on video. Pulled the chip flung it in the air and for some unknown reason I decided to go over and step on it, slide and almost do the splits in my garage. Hope everything in his life gets straighted out. Does anyone know who else to buy ROM's from that ship super fast?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Does anyone know who else to buy ROM's from that ship super fast?

Action pinball can do most roms and ships quick

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Thanks I will give this a few days and see if my email gets answered first as I really do not want to order two sets if I don't have to.

#21 7 years ago

John's a great guy who is going through a rough patch. He's been a hero to the pinball community over the years, so I ask that everyone remember everything he's done for this hobby and cut him a bit of slack right now...

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Pulled the chip flung it in the air and for some unknown reason I decided to go over and step on it, slide and almost do the splits in my garage

That provides quite the mental picture.

If you had CCTV you could have had some lols!

rd

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Pulled the chip flung it in the air and for some unknown reason I decided to go over and step on it, slide and almost do the splits in my garage

Rookie. The pros drop the chip on the floor, walk over (barefoot) and embed the chip in their foot. That way you can maximize the use of your chip puller.

Yes, John provides a great service to the pinball community. I have never been disappointed by him or the service he provides. Wishing him well!

#24 7 years ago

I sent him a pair of 11a mpu boards about 2 months ago God knows I've got my fair share of projects. When I get em I get em.

#25 7 years ago

He's the best.It must be quite a crisis if he's not responding.

#26 7 years ago

Interesting that I was just Googling last night for chip/size information (EPROMS) for LOTR and his name came up on several threads here and in KLOV (hadn't seen this thread until today). Hope all is well.

#27 7 years ago

Well, for the record, I now have the ROM file for the updated SAM bootloader. Someone burned me a chip and sending it to me to test out. If it's all good, I'll find someplace to upload the file so it will be available. Maybe see if IPDB can host it on the WPT page.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Ordered from Action Pinball thanks....hope John Wart will cancel the order off of EBay.

#29 7 years ago

Thanks for posting. I ordered a ROM a week or two ago and have not heard anything. No big deal, it's only pinball. Hopefully everything is ok with John and his family.

2 months later
    #30 6 years ago

Have any of you heard from John since the above posts? I ordered some rom chips a few weeks ago and no reply. I sent him a message two days ago to see if it's in the pipeline, but again no reply.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cyrus:

Have any of you heard from John since the above posts? I ordered some rom chips a few weeks ago and no reply. I sent him a message two days ago to see if it's in the pipeline, but again no reply.

try facebook messenger, he got back to me on a board i had sent him not too long ago.

#32 6 years ago

I was only able to get him on Facebook as well.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was only able to get him on Facebook as well.

Funny, you think he would check his ebay business or website emails.
    Plenty of other guys offering up game roms now.
    Guess John doesnt want our business or money.

#34 6 years ago

Does anyone have a list of others selling ROMs?

#35 6 years ago

On pinside theres a new guy, or at least advertising. Marks basement.
    Pinballwizard.net
    K'sarcade
    Marcos
    Lots of guys willing to burn roms. Just ask.
    Sorry, i dont burn roms.
    Gl

#36 6 years ago

Hi i am a full service programmer for pins. I can do roms but also , pal , gal , pic chips , proms etc. I have been selling on eBay for almost 20 years under various names but have been known as rompingirl for the last 10 years or so. I am a pinball enthusiast and try to stay up with all the current rom news.
    Thanks
    Dave

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Does anyone have a list of others selling ROMs?

Check out the wipinball forum.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astill:

Hi i am a full service programmer for pins. I can do roms but also , pal , gal , pic chips , proms etc. I have been selling on eBay for almost 20 years under various names but have been known as rompingirl for the last 10 years or so. I am a pinball enthusiast and try to stay up with all the current rom news.
    Thanks
    Dave

I have bought roms from you, very fast shipping and communication

#39 6 years ago

I just got some boards that he fixed for me from a while back. The work looks great, can't wait to get them back into their games. Looks like the Wart-man is back. Glad to see it. Hope everything is great, John, thanks again!
    Pinaholic

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Guess John doesnt want our business or money.

Sometimes family and other things take priority, I know that he is still filling orders, but he's juggling a lot right now ahead of what's usually a $10-$25 order which profits him very little after the licensing fee, packing, shipping and the actual ROM.

1 week later
    #41 6 years ago

My ROMs from John arrived today. Nice little update for my TFTC.

#42 6 years ago

Took a month, but I just got my order for a cpl roms yesterday. I was starting to worry a little.

#43 6 years ago

Sorry, I wish I had better luck. John still has 400 dollars worth of boards of mine since Oct. He will not respond to email,phone or Facebook message of mine. I'm a very reasonable person when someone has a crisis as ive been their.
    But to fulfill other orders while making money and ignoring customers whose property you have for 6 plus months is completely unacceptable. Jr

1 week later
    #44 6 years ago

just checking on any news. Bump. I feel like I'm stuck between a wart and a hardplace

1 week later
    1 week later
    #46 6 years ago

Not sure what is going on, I have ordered roms nearly two months ago from' That Pinball Place'. No response to my email and its very disappointing. Its not the hundred dollars so much as I need the roms, and its not like other options don't exist. I have always bought my roms from John and have never been let down in the past, if a problem has occurred please respond or suspend trading on 'That Pinball Place' website until any backlog is freed up.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from PURPLEBAT:

Not sure what is going on, I have ordered roms nearly two months ago from' That Pinball Place'. No response to my email and its very disappointing. Its not the hundred dollars so much as I need the roms, and its not like other options don't exist. I have always bought my roms from John and have never been let down in the past, if a problem has occurred please respond or suspend trading on 'That Pinball Place' website until any backlog is freed up.

Try Skybeaux in Newcastle. Just up the road from you.

#48 6 years ago

I ordered some ROMs from John about 2 weeks ago. It took about a week, but I received an email from PayPal w/ the USPS tracking number. ROMs showed up a few days later, but I never received any direct correspondence from John.

#49 6 years ago

Thanks Mike, I hadn't even considered purchasing them from Ken.
    Cheers Terry.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-heard-from-john-wart-lately?hl=tux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.