Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4322[1].JPG
TF - LEDs.JPG
TF - 44s.JPG
20150121_201611.jpg
20150121_201630.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

John who is your friend (name) and what glass did he order?
i talk to steve a lot and he may be behind on order, but not that behind on any orders. and he does respond to emails. may take him a few days, but he responds.

#20 9 years ago

Steve's day job is a big one and the bgresto thing is just a side thing. his job and family come first. but he does respond to all emails that i have seen... though sometimes there's up to a week delay in that happening (to my dismay, but again this is a side project for steve.)

on Dayhuff's thing with his buddy... i talked to steve about this. The guy (glen?) dropped the glass off at the end of October (not seven months!) in Steve's driveway and said, "no hurry." Steve can't find contact info for the guy, so "glen" needs to email Steve and get his name/phone/email into steve's system. It was an Alien Poker glass, and Steve said since the guy wasn't in a hurry, and steve can't find any contact info for him, he didn't put a priority on it. That said, the artwork is nearly done for that title, so it should only be a couple more weeks and that glass will be finished.

#25 9 years ago

You need to email him with your contact details. But you said "no hurry" which when things come up, pushes the job to the back. And like mr. Bally said...

#32 9 years ago

i would use the [email protected] address.

remember he gets tons of people wanting slot machine glass, shuffle alley glass, all kinds of wacky glass requests. if it's not pinball, chances are pretty good you won't hear back. the reason for this is simple... if steve makes one of any glass, he's loosing money/time in a big way. he needs to make three of a particular glass before he even breaks even. so if you're requesting some wacko game that essentially only you own, then he's just not going to do it. There are so many other people asking for glasses that will help a lot more machines. so that lower hanging fruit will get done before some one-off thing. steve's mission in life isn't to help you with some weirdo 1950s game only you happen to have. it's a bigger picture he's trying to help. and the one-off stuff is just a huge time suck with no payoff.

the only exception to this rule is basically if you know steve personally, and he's doing you a favor. or you do the artwork. (get it scanned at 300 dpi, scaled correctly, and then you do the photoshop work and the pantone color correction.) because it's not the printing of the glass that takes the huge time (though making a glass is a several hour operation), it's the photoshop work that takes all the time. And if the glass is in bad shape to start, then the time involved ramps up quickly.

#41 9 years ago

I've used Gary Conway before. I like Bgresto.com much better. For one it's way cheaper. (At least last time i used Gary, his base price was $300 for the glass, and $100 for shipping.) And second Gary's process, in my eye, is less desirable. He basically makes a translite, and sandwiches it between two pieces of non-tempered 1/16" window glass, with silicone around the edges. Steve at least uses the correct thickness glass and it's always tempered. And Steve's process is bonded directly to the glass (opposed to a translit.) To me Steve's process is better. Gary is faster though, as he's been doing it a lot longer, so he probably has more one-off glasses in his files.

As for the one-off stuff. Steve has done a bunch of that for me. but he's my friend, and he uses my games for raw artwork, so he's getting something back when he needs it. But he's not anyone's personal Photoshop monkey, ready to lose money and suck up time for that weird shuffle alley no one else will ever need a glass.

3 months later
#68 8 years ago

steve is out of town for the last week. i think he's back this weekend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 3.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
£ 96.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-hear-from-stephen-from-bgresto?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.