(Topic ID: 58746)

Anyone hear anything on Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland?

By aberdeentp

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gcp
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10488198_781331975244678_6951287137130227356_n.png
th_popcorncat.gif
image-739.jpg
irony-tshirt-logo-hr.jpg
jerk+store.jpg
Texas_LoneBrainCell-2.jpg
tx-secedes.jpg
the-great-cornholio-cornholio-28602819-358-510.jpg
Texass2.jpg
sexy-texas-superfans-33.jpg
texass.jpg
6FUqHLM.gif
image-155.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 10 years ago

I'd like to believe that at this point in time, John could design a pin from scratch to rival TOM or TOTAN or CV. I believe he knows how to design pin layouts, ramps, toys, magnet tricks (etc..)

on top of that, mostly John's pins are works of art.

on top of that will be limited to 124 total produced which to me, would put it more rare than ACDC LE or TRON LE which are more common and which have similar sister pins such as ACDC premium or Tron pro, while RAZA or MG will not have any.

if Jpops new pins plays as good as TOTAN or TOM and are more rare than BBB or CC or BIBLE etc. seems like a fair price if you had the money.

#47 10 years ago

I believe, Jpop has seen that home pin collectors are keeping the hobby alive and his price and limited production is aimed at the high end of the market, people who buy BBB or MM or BIBLEs (etc..).

You could figure a players condition MM or HUO BIBLE for example, which are known quantities or roll the dice on RAZA to hope it's on par with BBB or whatnot 'rare nice looking pin'.

#50 10 years ago

Of course there are more than one way to make a pinball machine, Stern has a system, seems to be lots of standard equipment, big licenses not take any risks except for 'The Pin' which screwed the pooch.

JJP is a big enterprise with thousands of units of each pin, with multi-millions of dollars of start up money.

Skit-B low overhead, no previous experience in design, safe popular license.

Jpop has a lot of experience in the old BW days, but is somewhere between Skit-B and JJP. More toys and mechanics in his game than Predator and high quality art non-license theme which gives him a lot of freedom of expression which is lacking in the others.

4 months later
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Can you maybe explain why that is? Cause its a very small run of pins, 12 to 25 if i am correct?

Hmmmm... Maybe they have some new technical stuff in the pin they are trying to patent? (Is that correct English?)
And that is taking time, and so before they got the patent rights, they cant show anything.
Does that make any sense? Ah well..... Just play the waiting game.

Even art has to be copyrighted.

MG pins limited to 16 or 26 pins, RAZA limited to 124 pins

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Does that mean no one else can make an Alice in Wonderland pinball? It would be a shame if Scott Gullicks (maker of WOOLY) couldn't make the AIW machine he has planned, it looks cool:
http://riotpinball.com/node/3

I believe Alice in Wonderland is part of public domain, might be wrong, but public domain means characters and quotes and such can be used without paying anyone a fee. I am not 100% sure but as long as they don't use characters and sound clips such as from the movie, AIW is probably fair game for anyone. I don't think John doing an AIW pin precludes others from doing the same. But it would at least say that John put it out there so he is not accused of taking the idea from another maker.

4 months later
#110 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

For what it's worth, I posted my Alice in Wonderland design well before JPOP had his little blurb on the internet here:
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19698&hl=%2Balice+%2Bwonderland
Who knows where it will all go though and it really doesn't matter to me if he's working on one as well (and I'm guessing he probably feels the same). The theme is cool enough to have many different pins made after it. With the beautiful work I've seen JPOP do, I'm sure his pin will be a treat for all.

AIW is public domain, it can be used without paying any licensing fees. Is that correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-hear-anything-on-ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.