(Topic ID: 58746)

Anyone hear anything on Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland?

By aberdeentp

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gcp
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10488198_781331975244678_6951287137130227356_n.png
th_popcorncat.gif
image-739.jpg
irony-tshirt-logo-hr.jpg
jerk+store.jpg
Texas_LoneBrainCell-2.jpg
tx-secedes.jpg
the-great-cornholio-cornholio-28602819-358-510.jpg
Texass2.jpg
sexy-texas-superfans-33.jpg
texass.jpg
6FUqHLM.gif
image-155.jpg

There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Oh wow. I'm curious if yinz are just fooling or if it really did turn nasty.

I dunno, maybe "billybike69" can fill us in...oh wait, he's never posted anything - he seems to purely exist to thumbs-up Icee and thumbs-down me. *cough cough Icee's got a fake double account cough cough**

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Icee's got a fake double account

What's a fake double account? Opposite of a real double account??

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Back on track so we can get info.

What info? There's nothing to get. Maybe the game is about to be finished and built and revealed and we'll all have to salt and eat our skepticism. Maybe Jpop is gonna keep farting around on it for another 3 years until everyone gives up and the house of cards collapses (for the record I'm not rooting for this outcome). Either way it's not gonna get discussed here. Some people have privately broken their NDA, but they're certainly not going to do it in public.

So I dunno what else you're gonna get but iceman chest pounding, telling people they're jealous crybabies for not having as much money as he does, and I'm certain he'll come along soon with a pounding hangover and tell me to put a sock in it again.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno, maybe "billybike69" can fill us in...oh wait, he's never posted anything - he seems to purely exist to thumbs-up Icee and thumbs-down me. *cough cough Icee's got a fake double account cough cough**

No way. Despite a bad night, he has been around long enough not to pull that crap.

#205 9 years ago

Come on guys cut ice a break he is a good guy/Pinsider who clearly had a wild night last night

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Come on guys cut ice a break he is a good guy/Pinsider who clearly had a wild night last night

Go easy on my dog. Sure, he mauled one of your kids to death, but he's a good dog! No, I'm past the age of giving people a free pass when they act like assholes, sober or not.

And there lies the problem: We have little to no information on the topic at hand, so we get skeptical. Then we get more skeptical. Then we start to make comparisons to A vs. B. Then we draw conclusions from a fine blend of skepticism and nothing. Then we start tearing into each other like prisoners in a cell. Case in point, this thread & the Predator thread.

Go outside, it just might be a nice day in your neighborhood.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Uhhhhhh, not a chance, nice try, must be somebody that knows you!

Geez people, lighten up, Greg and I give each other crap all the time, I respect his pinball knowledge, he hates Texas and me so I'm good with it Btw, it takes two to tango…….not just the anti Jpop posting here, its the body of work that you provide on the subject, in every thread of his, but its ok, like I said, you lose out….

As for last night, holy crap, had the fish special with crab meat at dinner, didn't sit well on top of a mountain of beer Maybe its just the Texas coast, I've had some historic posting rants down here before….

So chill out, grab some popcorn, heading to the beach, its all good, I love you guys! Thanks Concrete!

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

….not just the anti Jpop posting here

Asking when Magic Girl is going to ship isn't being "anti-Jpop". I own 2 Jpop designed B/W games.

So, back on topic...when is Magic Girl going to ship? That should give us a better idea to when RAZA might ship.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So I dunno what else you're gonna get but iceman chest pounding, telling people they're jealous crybabies for not having as much money as he does, and I'm certain he'll come along soon with a pounding hangover and tell me to put a sock in it again.

Not about the $$$ Aurich, its about love and peace! You guys "chest pound" about Jpop's never gonna get a game out nonsense, I say its because you guys are jealous about it, simple, maybe not, who cares.

And I asked you to put a sock in the homophobic references, come on guys, lets not blow things way out of proportion.

After a big "talk it out" session last night, let's all "hug it out"

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was thinking I should lay off but I know you love it.

hehehe……..I do

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

After Magic Girl...sooooo....2026?

page 2? that's ok, I forgive you Greg for being so nasty...

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd be disappointed if you didn't chime in, it wouldn't feel right! Plus, it will make it sweeter when the big day comes In 2014.........

And I'll just reiterate what i said 4 months ago

Ok fellas, I'll be back later for some interesting discussion, gotta go put my "ass in the water and my toes in the sand, not a worry in the world and a cold beer in my hand, life is good today, yeah life is good today"! Vaya con dios baby..

That's country redneck boys, get you some Zac Brown….

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"ass in the water and my toes in the sand, and a cold beer in my hand, life is good today, yeah life is good today"!

Who can argue with that!? (well, technically, I would put ass in the sand and toes in the water )

#214 9 years ago

Seriously guys, why is iceman not banned from these forums yet? He never contributes anything constructive that I've ever seen. Over the years I have seen him posting in numerous threads and it's almost always him stroking his ego and putting others down, while making outrageous claims. He loves nothing more than talking about how much money he has and how smart he is. I guess it doesn't directly affect me, but since he posts as much as he does, it does make pinside look a little classless. I'm sure he'll have some big talk for me after this post, but I'm not going to waste my time responding to it like you guys have.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Seriously guys, why is iceman not banned from these forums yet? He never contributes anything constructive that I've ever seen. Over the years I have seen him posting in numerous threads and it's almost always him stroking his ego and putting others down, while making outrageous claims. He loves nothing more than talking about how much money he has and how smart he is. I guess it doesn't directly affect me, but since he posts as much as he does, it does make pinside look a little classless. I'm sure he'll have some big talk for me after this post, but I'm not going to waste my time responding to it like you guys have.

Man, you're actually pinning on Ice the fact we are all just a bunch of jealous crybabies who are living in desperate fear of the day Ice finally receives his pins and posts his long awaited unboxing pics complete with him rolling around naked in the packing materials?

How could you possibly pin our inadequacies on him

1 week later
#216 9 years ago

Okay from here on out lets please stop with the negative back and forth exchanges. If it continues after this point permanent thread bans will be handed out.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay from here on out lets please stop with the negative back and forth exchanges. If it continues after this point permanent thread bans will be handed out.

<Sigh>....finally.

3 weeks later
#218 9 years ago

Saw this posted on FB today...

10488198_781331975244678_6951287137130227356_n.png10488198_781331975244678_6951287137130227356_n.png

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I hope that's not still designing...

#220 9 years ago

I think its time to pull the plug on this one I think without outside help, his Kiss project may be the only thing will ever see. I think I'll go with JJP / Lawlor instead. Even knowing that could take some time. Can't win...

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I think its time to pull the plug on this one I think without outside help, his Kiss project may be the only thing will ever see. I think I'll go with JJP / Lawlor instead. Even knowing that could take some time. Can't win...

He didn't get the Kiss license. You won't see that one.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I think I'll go with JJP / Lawlor instead.

I think I'll go with both

#223 9 years ago

52 - All coils need diodes.

I think there's probably some equivalent to Artists and Managers that may be appropriate.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

All coils need diodes.

I think there's probably some equivalent to Artists and Managers that may be appropriate.

I'm nowhere close to bailing on RAZA at this point, but I am feeling like the perfectionist artist without any "just get something completed" counterbalance could drag things out for ??????

#225 9 years ago

exactly. I'm sure it'll be awesome if he can get it done.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I hope that's not still designing...

You know it is.

#227 9 years ago

The truss lighting looks neat.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You know it is.

He's not wrong.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He's not wrong.

Not wrong about what? Hoping?

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not wrong about what? Hoping?

The he I was refering to, is you.

#231 9 years ago

Longer it takes less money left to make the game!
Just saying

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Longer it takes less money left to make the game!
Just saying

This is what worries me the most about the project. I just went back and reread the release month prediction thread, kind of depressing. Most people were predicting mid 2013.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

10488198_781331975244678_6951287... 541 KB

One of the things he said related to that pic is that it will (likely? can't remember the exact wording) have a big S on it, not a big Z on it. Doesn't take much skill to read between the lines there. Might be selling the design to Stern to fund things on his previous machines. Not that it's a bad sign to do that.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

One of the things he said related to that pic is that it will (likely? can't remember the exact wording) have a big S on it, not a big Z on it. Doesn't take much skill to read between the lines there. Might be selling the design to Stern to fund things on his previous machines. Not that it's a bad sign to do that.

He was talking about kiss on the S not Z comment.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The he I was refering to, is you.

I accept that.

#236 9 years ago

Where are the funds to operate his workshop? Just saying...

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

No……

Jpop has other "revenue" and yes, the longer it takes, the profit margin dwindles, but he ain't worried about it so I'm not either

Patience, I've got all the time in the world…... I'll let you Pinside rubberneckers know though the moment he drives the whole thing into the ditch and crashes and burns…..hehe

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He was talking about kiss on the S not Z comment.

Ah. I get it, by why on earth would anyone assume they could change the KISS logo? We aren't pwning teh n00bz here, we are talking about a trademarked license.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Ah. I get it, by why on earth would anyone assume they could change the KISS logo? We aren't pwning teh n00bz here, we are talking about a trademarked license.

Well, when Stern does KISS it will BLOW, because Jpop isn't doing the artwork, seriously, who tf would buy that?

What a joke

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

When he said it will have an S and not a Z on the cab, he was implying the game (when released) will say Stern and not Zidware.

11 months later
#241 8 years ago

Interesting to read these old posts with the understanding of current events........

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What info? There's nothing to get. Maybe the game is about to be finished and built and revealed and we'll all have to salt and eat our skepticism. Maybe Jpop is gonna keep farting around on it for another 3 years until everyone gives up and the house of cards collapses (for the record I'm not rooting for this outcome). Either way it's not gonna get discussed here. Some people have privately broken their NDA, but they're certainly not going to do it in public.

Yes, someone must have had a Crystal Ball or Magic Mirror??

#243 8 years ago

Iceman owes Rarehero and Ben Heck a few of his "beers" after reading this thread... WOW!!

Brian

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I heard the production date is scheduled to happen following Magic Girl, which should be late 2027. I love JPOP, but lets get real, unless he has kids who will take over these pinball projects in his death, this game is never going to be made. I am going to start calling JPOP, "Little Wayne". Just like the Medieval Madness that will never be made. What drives me crazy is pinball needs a brilliant mind like JPOP, but we don't need the guy working from his basement. Like many brilliant artists, he needs structure or he will drift so much that nothing gets done. Could you imagine if JPOP worked for Heighway of JJP..............AMEN JESUS, talk about a pinball company. I hope this post has not come across as insulting as it was not my intention. I am just trying to be realistic and remind you all that in many ways, your supporting of this insanity may have prolonged JPOP's return to "real" pinball and kept him from creating his greatest machine ever.

Now I know JPOP reads these threads and so this part is for JPOP, "John, please go work for a real pinball company and stop with this nonsense. Why would you only want to share your visions and ideas with so few? It's too much for one man to create a pinball machine and innovate.................You are wasting your talent and life is too short for that."

I expect a lot of thumbs down, so let me have them, I am prepared......................

August, 2013. Impressive.

I won't bother calling out all of the people who responded to this with the rhetorical equivalent of clapping their hands over their ears shouting "I CAN'T HEEEEAAAAR YOOOOUUUU!"

... except for iceman. Holy crap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-hear-anything-on-ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.