(Topic ID: 58746)

Anyone hear anything on Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland?

By aberdeentp

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gcp
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10488198_781331975244678_6951287137130227356_n.png
th_popcorncat.gif
image-739.jpg
irony-tshirt-logo-hr.jpg
jerk+store.jpg
Texas_LoneBrainCell-2.jpg
tx-secedes.jpg
the-great-cornholio-cornholio-28602819-358-510.jpg
Texass2.jpg
sexy-texas-superfans-33.jpg
texass.jpg
6FUqHLM.gif
image-155.jpg
There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

anyone getting updates on this? I searched the forums and couldn't find this topic come up and wondering what's happening with the development. I used to get almost daily updates then today I realized I haven't heard anything in months and Popadiuk hasn't responded to emails.

#2 10 years ago

A friend of mine is still getting his updates regularly.
He just got one a couple of days ago.

#3 10 years ago

I had the same issue. When he changed blog sites he forgot to send me an invite and I had to send him an email and he sent me an invite a few days later. If you can't reach John by email try calling.

He updates about twice a week. ...and you'll really like the latest update.

#4 10 years ago

Yes the game is coming along nicely! JPOP does regular updates on his blog.
RAZA#54

Ps. It's not BHZA anymore it's RAZA

#5 10 years ago

Is the blog for buyers only?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Fridgy:

Is the blog for buyers only?

Yes

#7 10 years ago

Fair Enough. Just wish I was a buyer I guess. Thanks for that.

#8 10 years ago

anyone want to leak what the updates are indicating? seems like he's doing the opposite for JJP and keeping things under wraps instead of superfluous/exaggerated updates on progress.

#9 10 years ago

Fridgy the game will be epic! The artwork is crazy good!
Email JPOP and ask to be put on the waitlist for RAZA (Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland)
I believe he has a back up wait list In case someone drops out.

#10 10 years ago

Alright. Cheers. Good advice.

#11 10 years ago

thanks good to hear, I dig out my old computer and find his phone number and give him a call.

#12 10 years ago

Im on the list his #is 224-532-0639

#14 10 years ago

To take himself out of the spotlight.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

To take himself out of the spotlight.

I think it was more due to overwhelming requests by the buyers.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think it was more due to overwhelming requests by the buyers.

Awww, that's mean.....

#17 10 years ago

I get the feeling that a number of people are way behind making payments, and right now John seems really laid back about it, but a big payment will be coming due soon and maybe at the point, or you have to figure at some point in the future, an ultimatum of sorts will be issued and I would surmise that at least a few would drop out and that's when perhaps those on the waiting list will be given a shot. But you won't see #47 as one of those. This game will look fantastic sitting next to Predator.

#18 10 years ago

Hopefully at Pinball Expo some details of the game will be released for the public. I'd think by now one of his many projects would be close enough to completion to warrant such a gesture.

#19 10 years ago

Very excited to see this pin.

#20 10 years ago

It's coming along very nicely. Me and several friends have one on order and follow the updates regularly. The new name is Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland. It should be an awesome blend of custom cool JPop stuff and very fresh artwork!

#21 10 years ago

Like the name change. Hearing great things.

RAZA #40

#22 10 years ago

What is the production run on this one? Anyone have a clue as to wait list size?

#23 10 years ago

it's 100 but at one point they were also going to do a few cointaker special editions? Don't know if that's still on or the production run of those.

#24 10 years ago

there will be 124 total zombie including 25 cointaker editions; which I know of mine and 2 of my buddies got cointaker edition ones

1 week later
#25 10 years ago

Is there a production date set yet?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Is there a production date set yet?

What I heard (I can't remember if it was in an email from JPOP) was next christmas??? Does this sound right?

#27 10 years ago

I heard the production date is scheduled to happen following Magic Girl, which should be late 2027. I love JPOP, but lets get real, unless he has kids who will take over these pinball projects in his death, this game is never going to be made. I am going to start calling JPOP, "Little Wayne". Just like the Medieval Madness that will never be made. What drives me crazy is pinball needs a brilliant mind like JPOP, but we don't need the guy working from his basement. Like many brilliant artists, he needs structure or he will drift so much that nothing gets done. Could you imagine if JPOP worked for Heighway of JJP..............AMEN JESUS, talk about a pinball company. I hope this post has not come across as insulting as it was not my intention. I am just trying to be realistic and remind you all that in many ways, your supporting of this insanity may have prolonged JPOP's return to "real" pinball and kept him from creating his greatest machine ever.

Now I know JPOP reads these threads and so this part is for JPOP, "John, please go work for a real pinball company and stop with this nonsense. Why would you only want to share your visions and ideas with so few? It's too much for one man to create a pinball machine and innovate.................You are wasting your talent and life is too short for that."

I expect a lot of thumbs down, so let me have them, I am prepared......................

#28 10 years ago

uhhhh... I know the project is being worked on outside of the public eye, but any of the owners who follow the blog can tell you this is far enough along that we will see it completed relatively close to the goal. It was always projected at end of 2013. So it's not like some long overdue vaporware.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I heard the production date is scheduled to happen following Magic Girl, which should be late 2027. I love JPOP, but lets get real, unless he has kids who will take over these pinball projects in his death, this game is never going to be made. I am going to start calling JPOP, "Little Wayne". Just like the Medieval Madness that will never be made. What drives me crazy is pinball needs a brilliant mind like JPOP, but we don't need the guy working from his basement. Like many brilliant artists, he needs structure or he will drift so much that nothing gets done. Could you imagine if JPOP worked for Heighway of JJP..............AMEN JESUS, talk about a pinball company. I hope this post has not come across as insulting as it was not my intention. I am just trying to be realistic and remind you all that in many ways, your supporting of this insanity may have prolonged JPOP's return to "real" pinball and kept him from creating his greatest machine ever.
Now I know JPOP reads these threads and so this part is for JPOP, "John, please go work for a real pinball company and stop with this nonsense. Why would you only want to share your visions and ideas with so few? It's too much for one man to create a pinball machine and innovate.................You are wasting your talent and life is too short for that."
I expect a lot of thumbs down, so let me have them, I am prepared......................

JPop has "Finished" exactly as many games as JJP and Heighway combined. I'll bet Magic Girl will be finished before the software on WOZ is complete.

#30 10 years ago

Not that it would matter when MG DOES get finished, since all of what... 10 people will have the chance to own it? Figures the theme I'd be a lot more interested in, that's the one that gets zero production, meanwhile Zombietown gets ten times the production, a theme I could genuinely not give any less of a crap about. Hopefully both these games DO get done, and sold, and then maybe he can move on to something that might actually get produced in some real quantity that peons without 10-15k sitting around might see at some point more than once a year at a major show.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Not that it would matter when MG DOES get finished, since all of what... 10 people will have the chance to own it? Figures the theme I'd be a lot more interested in, that's the one that gets zero production, meanwhile Zombietown gets ten times the production, a theme I could genuinely not give any less of a crap about. Hopefully both these games DO get done, and sold, and then maybe he can move on to something that might actually get produced in some real quantity that peons without 10-15k sitting around might see at some point more than once a year at a major show.

I guess you don't understand "trickle down" engineering. Johns a great designer. His innovations will make a huge difference and impact on all future titles. Just because you won't own an MG doesn't mean you won't see some of it's ideas in future releases. So it kind of does matter when it gets released. It will force other manufacturers to up their games, the sooner the better, I say.

#32 10 years ago

I am on the JPOP blog and the game is coming along nicely! Owners are getting updates very regularly. JPOP is a workaholic and will not stop until this game is completed.

PS. JPOP does work at "real" pinball company it's called ***Zidware Pinball inc.***
http://www.pinballinventor.org/welcome.html

The game will be epic

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It was always projected at end of 2013. So it's not like some long overdue vaporware.

It's almost end of 2013 and MG isn't done yet...sooooo...

#34 10 years ago

Jacks design for game two is already out.. Stng is drawn at stern.. If jpop mg is coming out in the next year he's really got nothing to hide from the public at this point. Unveil it

#35 10 years ago

Stern doesn't unveil anything until they are ready for sale. Just because JJP posts cad drawings doesn't mean everyone does. The main reason JJP does arguably is they need to because they are crowd funding.

The owners have seen a lot, the public will wait.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Jacks design for game two is already out.. Stng is drawn at stern.. If jpop mg is coming out in the next year he's really got nothing to hide from the public at this point. Unveil it

The deal is for owners to get first look. It wouldn't really be fair to the people who put down all the money to let others see it before they do.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am on the JPOP blog and the game is coming along nicely! Owners are getting updates very regularly. JPOP is a workaholic and will not stop until this game is completed.
PS. JPOP does work at "real" pinball company it's called ***Zidware Pinball inc.***
http://www.pinballinventor.org/welcome.html
The game will be epic

When you say the game is coming along nicely, you need to realize that you are only talking about the *design* of the game.

There is a big difference between completing the design of the pin and actually getting them *made*.

But regardless, good luck to everyone. I love JPop's designs, and when/if this comes out, it's going to have some of the best artwork ever put on a pin!

#38 10 years ago

I wish i could give you two thumbs down your that ^^^^…

It is great that JPOP is designing games again period.

Would you bitch if Brian Eddy started a pinball company too?
Shit no…
(i take that back you actually might tell him to work for Stern or something…)

I for one am stoked that John isn't working for Stern, he doesn't really fit there.
JJP has their arms full at the moment. Besides I doubt they are going to invest in a Zombie themed pin. I really admire JPOP for doing his own thing.

Nothing has been released publicly doesn't mean it isn't getting done.
I've been impressed with the progress on the blog.
I could be wrong but we'll just have to wait and see!!!

PS the dude has a secret liar that isn't in a basement.

#39 10 years ago

I ordered WOZ and waiting patiently but the fact that
Non LE's reach people before I get my LE gets me mad
Since I put up the money years ago
I had ordered a Zombieland but canceled it after it came clear
To me this game won't be in my home till 2015
No longer willing to put money out there without a ultimate delivery date set in place !!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

JPop has "Finished" exactly as many games as JJP and Heighway combined. I'll bet Magic Girl will be finished before the software on WOZ is complete.

Who determines completeness?

#41 10 years ago

I don't have either game on order, but know a few people who do. They seem to be quite happy with the process, they have even been to John's place to check them out. Seems if you bought a MG you have money and pins to keep you going. You have to look at it as an adventure in pinball design that you get to share along with and focus less on the time line as long as its realistic.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I wish i could give you two thumbs down your that ^^^^…
It is great that JPOP is designing games again period.
Would you bitch if Brian Eddy started a pinball company too?
Shit no…
(i take that back you actually might tell him to work for Stern or something…)
I for one am stoked that John isn't working for Stern, he doesn't really fit there.
JJP has their arms full at the moment. Besides I doubt they are going to invest in a Zombie themed pin. I really admire JPOP for doing his own thing.
Nothing has been released publicly doesn't mean it isn't getting done.
I've been impressed with the progress on the blog.
I could be wrong but we'll just have to wait and see!!!
PS the dude has a secret liar that isn't in a basement.

The fact that he is on his own is a two edged sword, plain and simple. There are most definitely advantages in terms of letting a designer do exactly what they want with nobody telling them "no". But the other side is that you simply have subtantially more risk involved vs purchasing from an established company.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I hope you are right Mike as I want to believe, but as JJP showed us, making a pinball machine from scratch is not as easy as many of us thought. I will be the first to apologize to JPOP, but I have a feeling the wait is going to be a lot worse than people think................In fact, it might not even be all that innovative by the time it hits the market.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where did I mention Stern??? Never said I wanted him working for Stern..........He doesn't have to, there are other options now. There is no one that wants me to be more wrong about my statements than myself. I hope JPOP makes me look like a loud mouth moron when this game comes out.

#44 10 years ago

What were the initial prices on these games again (and total production numbers, if anyone has that committed to memory)?

#45 10 years ago

In fact, it might not even be all that innovative by the time it hits the market.

From what we have seen so far, that is one thing we won't have to worry about......

And I think Jpop is doing the right thing, he is extremely bright as a business guy.....

#46 10 years ago

I'd like to believe that at this point in time, John could design a pin from scratch to rival TOM or TOTAN or CV. I believe he knows how to design pin layouts, ramps, toys, magnet tricks (etc..)

on top of that, mostly John's pins are works of art.

on top of that will be limited to 124 total produced which to me, would put it more rare than ACDC LE or TRON LE which are more common and which have similar sister pins such as ACDC premium or Tron pro, while RAZA or MG will not have any.

if Jpops new pins plays as good as TOTAN or TOM and are more rare than BBB or CC or BIBLE etc. seems like a fair price if you had the money.

#47 10 years ago

I believe, Jpop has seen that home pin collectors are keeping the hobby alive and his price and limited production is aimed at the high end of the market, people who buy BBB or MM or BIBLEs (etc..).

You could figure a players condition MM or HUO BIBLE for example, which are known quantities or roll the dice on RAZA to hope it's on par with BBB or whatnot 'rare nice looking pin'.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You could figure a players condition MM or HUO BIBLE for example, which are known quantities or roll the dice on RAZA to hope it's on par with BBB or whatnot 'rare nice looking pin'.

Agreed.....

Jpop, Zombies and new innovation or BBB? Less than 1/2 produced of RAZA.....no brainer to me.....

As for AC/DC, I'll just take a premium.......

More than worth a roll of the dice!

#49 10 years ago

I'm in on RAZA and I am pleased with the progress. I have seen posts with people wondering about the low numbers of MG and RAZA and wondering why JPop would not make more machines at a lower price point. I don't have any inside information, but I think JPop realizes that design and production are two different things and that production of large numbers can be tough. I think he started with these small numbers to have time to develop his system and design parts which will be used in it. What he is learning from MG design will be carried over to RAZA design and the same with production and distribution and all of that will roll over into AIW and future releases. As expected, the art for RAZA looks amazing. I don't think the game will be released on the original schedule, but I don't think the buyers are concerned about it.

#50 10 years ago

Of course there are more than one way to make a pinball machine, Stern has a system, seems to be lots of standard equipment, big licenses not take any risks except for 'The Pin' which screwed the pooch.

JJP is a big enterprise with thousands of units of each pin, with multi-millions of dollars of start up money.

Skit-B low overhead, no previous experience in design, safe popular license.

Jpop has a lot of experience in the old BW days, but is somewhere between Skit-B and JJP. More toys and mechanics in his game than Predator and high quality art non-license theme which gives him a lot of freedom of expression which is lacking in the others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-hear-anything-on-ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.