Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wtatumjr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Does anyone have the Wozmods State Fair balloon light mod. The demo video makes it sound like sounds are also added to mimic the gas being turned on in the balloon? I assume this is just a sound effect that he added to the video but wanted to check. I am trying to decide between his lighting mod and the Mezel version

#2 2 years ago

Mine is the light only but I forgot where I purchased it. It lights up a dark area so I'd suggest getting it, even w/o any sound effect. Get the Indypin Lit Winkie first though

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Mine is the light only but I forgot where I purchased it. It lights up a dark area so I'd suggest getting it, even w/o any sound effect. Get the Indypin Lit Winkie first though

Who sells the lit Winkie?

#4 2 years ago

I have the WozMods balloon in conjunction with the tree eye lights (same light controller). The one I have has no sounds. I probably would not like it with the sounds. It does light up that area better too, as mentioned previously. It is a good little mod to have for the effect.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have the WozMods balloon in conjunction with the tree eye lights (same light controller). The one I have has no sounds. I probably would not like it with the sounds. It does light up that area better too, as mentioned previously. It is a good little mod to have for the effect.

Thanks. I am trying to justify the $100 extra cost for Wozmods as opposed to Mezel. I am not sure pulsing the lights is worth that difference to me

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Doesn't IndyPin make the throne room fire pot mods? I think Modfather makes the lit Winkie. HUGE improvement on the stock one, IMO

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Doesn't IndyPin make the throne room fire pot mods? I think Modfather makes the lit Winkie. HUGE improvement on the stock one, IMO

The fire pots are made by mezelmods. IndyPin makes the black cover for the throne room plastic. IndyPin also makes the lighted Winkie.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-throne-room-fire-pots

#8 2 years ago

Mezelmods has the lighted winkie also, but a lot of people report that those break easy. Mine from Mezel has not broke in 400+ plays with flipper strength set as the default from the factory and play field at 6.5 degrees. Mezel is working on a design change for those (last I saw from a mezel post on pinside). For now, I would go with the IndyPin version as that gets better reviews currently.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Mezelmods has the lighted winkie also, but a lot of people report that those break easy. Mine from Mezel has not broke in 400+ plays with flipper strength set as the default from the factory and play field at 6.5 degrees. Mezel is working on a design change for those (last I saw from a mezel post on pinside). For now, I would go with the IndyPin version as that gets better reviews currently.

Mine from mezel broke last night. I just put in an order with Indypin for a hopefully non-breaking target.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

Thanks. I am trying to justify the $100 extra cost for Wozmods as opposed to Mezel. I am not sure pulsing the lights is worth that difference to me

Not sure of cost differences/etc., but I got the mezel balloon light -- honestly, I didn't want it pulsing, I think it looks better steadily lit. I do want the LED tree eyes though!

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I do want the LED tree eyes though!

Just so you know ... the ones from WOZMods are not individual mini LEDs. You drill some small holes in the tree eyes and fish a LED on a wire up into the tree behind the eyes. You then tie wrap the wires for the LEDs in the trees so that they do not fall back down. I like it, it is "ok", but it would have been better with individual mini LEDs in the eyes. That would be much harder to do and I would probably pay someone to do that. Like what someone did with the witch replacement mod that sillyoldelf made. If you want to spruce up the witch see the pic gallery in this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-wicked-witch-super-model-mod-makeover
I bought one, but have not installed it yet.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The fire pots are made by mezelmods. IndyPin makes the black cover for the throne room plastic. IndyPin also makes the lighted Winkie.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz
https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-throne-room-fire-pots

Thanks PMsent to Indy for a winkie

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I sell a version of the lit drop target mod.

#14 2 years ago

Keep in mind guys.....

There is a pinsider that goes by the name indypin....

I'm indypinhead...I'll be changing my pinside nick soon, once I "officially" open my pinball mod site.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Mine from mezel broke last night. I just put in an order with Indypin for a hopefully non-breaking target.

Your drop target shipped today.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

Does anyone have the Wozmods State Fair balloon light mod. The demo video makes it sound like sounds are also added to mimic the gas being turned on in the balloon? I assume this is just a sound effect that he added to the video but wanted to check. I am trying to decide between his lighting mod and the Mezel version

The WozMods balloon has no sounds, and the pulsing is not a strobing, but a gentle flicker with fading so it looks like a flame is in there. I like it a lot. I think to get the flickering you have to already have his other controller for the glowing tree eyes and just tie into that if I remember right. Otherwise you have to buy a controller just for the flickering, which is kind of insane.

#17 2 years ago

I just want to add another great mod is Pinnovator's thru the door volume kit, in case you want to use ear phones. It installs easily and looks like a factory install. I keep the volume at "32" for most of the time and it's plenty loud for the factory external speakers. But if you plug in earphones the volume isn't loud enough even when set to loudest unless you open the door and adjust. The Pinnovator's kit allows you to adjust without opening the door.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,200 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Brecksville, OH
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,800 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Rockville, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside