(Topic ID: 138785)

Anyone have to sell off their entire collection, because they had to?

By wayout440

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Not that you wanted to, but had to.

I have a list of some potentially huge $$$ home repairs, I might be able to knock one of the less expensive but definitely needed off the list selling them all. Don't know if this is what I will do or not at this time. It's just looking grim right now.

#13 8 years ago

FYI the wife probably will try to defend the pins. Except for Pinbot, it is not her liking. Right now, I have to find out the costs, get the estimates, look at options, etc... before making a drastic move that I really don't WANT to do.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Yeah I don't factor it giving me 100% back on the dollar, or a rise in value, but that with little effort each one could be liquidated for a mortgage payment or whatever else was needed.

Pins are about the only item that has held any value at all. Almost everything else I own - such as automobiles, major electronics, etc. - all depreciate/deteriorate, or basically not worth enough to bother with.

Besides the money, my big problem is potentially some major work on the foundation of my home, and my pins are in the basement.

#27 8 years ago

I hear you on that. My Maverick is kind of the "go to" game for me, when We go to play one. That would one would be a difficult PIN to let go of. Made a new post regarding this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-to-sell-off-their-entire-collection-because-they-had-to?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.