Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by lurch
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

t37skee1.jpg
    Billboard_Magazine_Ad.JPG
    P1080686.JPG
    P1080688.JPG
    Scraping.JPG
    before.JPG
    game_room_details_048.JPG
    game_room_details_046.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1475.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG
    CAM00295.jpg
    Skee_ball.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I'm about to finish the basement in my house and am thinking about making room for a 13ft skee ball.

Anyone have one?

Any recommendations on where to buy?

#2 8 years ago

Every now and then amusement parks upgrade their skeeball machines; about 5 years ago or so, Holiday World in Indiana did this and sold their old ones for dirt cheap.

#3 8 years ago

10' skeeball here. Might add another.

I see them on Craigslist.

#4 8 years ago

I came across mine sitting in a clients warehouse paid 200.00 had to do some major cleaning. I was looking for one for years. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-know-its-not-pinball-but

#5 8 years ago

Just make sure the deck is in ok shape. That stuff isn't cheep!

#6 8 years ago

Full size and get the one with the 100 point scoring pockets.

Skee_ball.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Love skee-ball and would definitely enjoy owning one. Interestingly, I just came across a decent half-sized one being sold by a local arcade for $475US.

#8 8 years ago

If I had the space.....

#9 8 years ago

I have a 10 ft skeeball xtreme and it is the most heavily played item in the gameroom by anyone who visits.

CAM00295.jpg

#10 8 years ago

I have a really old Skeeball pics below, I purchased it at auction for a good deal and if interested I will pass that good deal along. I have 250 in it so how about 300 to store and move it. I was going to try to restore as I found these old models fun and ageless but two years have passed and its still in storage. These are still is use at places like Knoebels, which is where the last picture came from. I have the Skeeball in Norton Va and can be picked up just about anytime. PM for more info

IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1475.JPG IMG_1478.JPG

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I have a 10 ft skeeball xtreme and it is the most heavily played item in the gameroom by anyone who visits.

That's cause the people that visit you are lame . (Besides me, of course). Blow that thing up and put another pin in!!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

That's cause the people that visit you are lame . (Besides me, of course). Blow that thing up and put another pin in!!

Too funny... A link btwn pinball and violence...

#13 8 years ago

I bought a 10 foot Ice Ball. Repainted it, new decals, balls, rubber lane, scoring area and she looks brand new.

I was wanting a longer one but I'm glad I got the 10 footer because it takes up less space !

game_room_details_046.JPG game_room_details_048.JPG

#14 8 years ago

Picked up a 10' Skee Ball about 2 years ago. As others have said gets m ore play than any other game . If you have the room grab one

#15 8 years ago

Skee ball kicks a$$. Wish I had room for one.

#16 8 years ago

I had a 13 footer and sold it on e-bay for $1325 about 2 years ago. It had the 100 point holes. I didn't play it much myself, but the kids and women loved it. Drinking men also had been known to take a few bets while playing against each other.

#17 8 years ago

My boys would love one of these, but I'm not sure i want to give up the pin space in the basement for something like this.

But I suppose I could put it in the dining room. Hmm...

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Skee ball kicks a$$. Wish I had room for one.

I'm glad you don't. Those things take up a monster amount of space from pinball machines.

#19 8 years ago

Don't have the room either or I would have bought one for my wife a few months ago.

#20 8 years ago

If you have the room, they are fun and people who won't touch a pin will play Skee Ball. I have only run into one person so far who had never played Skee Ball before (they liked it).

I recently restored a 1944 Supreme Skee Roll which looked alike a pile of scrap lumber when I started. Replaced the lane and target carpet (carpet is what Skee Ball company calls the lane surface material), rebuilt the electricals, sealed the BG, cleaned and touched up the wood, refinished the legs that a previous restorer made, refurbished the original rings, polished the coin slide and cleaned everything.

It's a cool old piece (uses hard to find 2 1/2" balls) and lots of fun.

Don C.

before.JPG Scraping.JPG P1080688.JPG P1080686.JPG Billboard_Magazine_Ad.JPG

#21 8 years ago

Nice job on that!

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

If you have the room, they are fun and people who won't touch a pin will play Skee Ball. I have only run into one person so far who had never played Skee Ball before (they liked it).
    I recently restored a 1944 Supreme Skee Roll which looked alike a pile of scrap lumber when I started. Replaced the lane and target carpet (carpet is what Skee Ball company calls the lane surface material), rebuilt the electricals, sealed the BG, cleaned and touched up the wood, refinished the legs that a previous restorer made, refurbished the original rings, polished the coin slide and cleaned everything.
    Don C.

That is gorgeous. Very nice work!!!!!!!

#23 8 years ago

Just watch out for the little kids who want to play it overhand. Don't put your BBB behind it.

#24 8 years ago

Get one! I have had a 10 foot for about two years and love it! The only thing that tops it is my 18 foot ball bowler machine. That game gets the most played award in my collection.

#25 8 years ago

For some parties I have been known to move the skeeball to my deck. Playing outside is a whole other experience!

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

but I'm not sure i want to give up the pin space in the basement for something like this.

Agreed.

Would rather have more pins as well.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Just watch out for the little kids who want to play it overhand. Don't put your BBB behind it.

NO JOKE! Especially the boys. I think it's due to the fathers teaching their son's to never throw a ball underhanded because other kids would call them a sissy in life.

#28 8 years ago

Awesome Don, I have a 1946 Supreme Barrel Roll I need to get restored this summer. Where did you source your lane carpet? I also have a 1937 Wurlitzer Skee Ball that is partially restored. Wurlitzer owned Skee ball before selling to Philadelphia Toboggan.
    Alex

t37skee1.jpg

#29 8 years ago

I appreciate all the input.

I pulled the trigger today on a 13 ft skee ball alley.

#30 8 years ago

congrats! Its the most played game when we have guest ( non- pinheads) over.

#31 8 years ago

Congrats ! I have a 13' one picked up last year always a blast to play kids really like it but it seem to ask wear the prizes are so i might have to purchase some cheap stuffed animals for them to win

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Where did you source your lane carpet?

Try getting your lane carpet from Skeeball Inc. If I remember correctly, they're in Chalfont. PA.

#33 8 years ago

Its one of the most played games when friends come over.

This is pretty impressive....

#34 8 years ago

Here is my EM Ski. It's a 1956 Chicago Coin Criss Cross Ski Ball. It 4 Player. It has four frames, three balls per frame, with the option if you roll a 50 in a frame for a 4th ball. Has two game options criss cross (bingo type game) and regular ski ball (rarely played). This is by far the most played game anytime I have the family over.

Check out my vid...At the time I thought it was a 1967 but after someone pointed out to me this is the 1956 version.

#35 8 years ago

Alright this one is not mine but I think at least worthy of adding it to this site. Took 28,396 pieces of K'nex to build. This is sick. Make sure you watch it all the way through it has freakin' score reels...OHEMIO.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

Don C.

May have been one step from the fire pile. A true piece of arcade history. Simply beautiful.

6 years later
    #37 1 year ago

Here is the correct information and direct links to order the cork. This is red salsa color---the standard skeeball color. They do sell the green color but I do not know that exact color! Hope this helps someone! Todd from TNT Amusements
    To order a new Skeeball Playfield Mat, the website is https://www.bangorcork.com/24-x-1-4-Colored-Cork-Roll-Cut-to-Length_5?quantity=1&custcol2=13&custcol1=12&keywords=bc24c When you click on the hyperlink it takes you to the color and the 8 ft preorder length if you have a ten foot skeeball...if you have a 13 ft skeeball you will need 11 ft. Here is a link for the correct glue--a quart size--that works PERFECT!
    https://www.bangorcork.com/L910-W-Adhesive?quantity=1&custcol3=2

#38 1 year ago

Damn! $100. Sold. Thank you for the tip! I'm gonna order because one day soon (like very soon) I'll be in the market for a skee ball.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside