(Topic ID: 25385)

Anyone Have Pics Of Chrome Blades On AFM? (Can't Decide: Black Vs. Chrome.)

By NM

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

As stated, can't decide on black vs. chrome blades.

I've seen pics of the Black AFM with black blades on HEP's site, and while it's out-of-this-world, I'm also considering chrome blades.

Also, regarding the black siderails, legs, and lockdown bar: anyone specialize in this or do I just go to a local powdercoater (what is this stuff: just powdercoating)?

(EDIT: looks like Alex Levy is becoming a go-to guy on this & looks like his Black Chrome product is the way to go on a Black AFM.)

TIA.

#2 6 years ago

I had chrome on mine before the restore and just finished a chrome AFM and will be putting chrome on again in the next week but I am sure someone will beat me with pics. Chrome looks amazing imo

#3 6 years ago

Looking forward to the pic Pinballer22 (looks like nobody else has the blades installed with any pics handy).

Many thanks!

NM

#4 6 years ago

Chrome.

#5 6 years ago

I put black on mine and I am a big fan of chrome. I like it on the game but chrome also looked good. If you go with black powder though, I would definitely match it with black mirror blades. I went red powder coating on my AFM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside