(Topic ID: 186866)

Anyone have just 1 pin and are satisfied with that?

By KozMckPinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1492676714006 (resized).jpg
IMG_1642 (resized).JPG
IMG_1862 (resized).JPG
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago

I have no location pins near me, and if I go to Disney and see a pin they are crap broken. So in order for me to get variety I have a lot of pins in my home. I know 8-10 people who have collections, but they are all 30+ minutes drive and it's not easy to get together so to me having a large collection is nice.

I can have a pin that I don't play for 1-2 months because I am playing a new pin I got, but that doesn't mean I want to sell the pin, I like to have it and I will get around to playing my pins just don't play every pin I own every day.

I would have more than 10 if I could.

On a side note, I got a vacation house and moved 1 pin there PotC which I don't play as much at my main home because I had it for 10 years. But since I am only at the vacation house like 6-8 times a year it gets played when I'm there probably just was much as if it was in my main collection.

#52 7 years ago

I have one currently and looks like it will be none by the weekend. Sale pending. I'm still in if you count a 1930s pre-war game or a Pitch and Bat. Then I guess I have two.

#53 7 years ago

That is like asking " do you have just one girlfriend and are satisfied with that?"

No. Need more

#54 7 years ago

There is something about a row of pins. Not sure if that is nostalgia, feng shui, or what. Having just one pin means it gets play a lot and only one person can play at a time. When something breaks or needs attention then you have no pinball to play. Just doesn't work well.

#55 7 years ago

I have 4 but really only play TWD

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have one pinball machine. Sitting next to another...

LOL

#57 7 years ago

Definitely an addiction. Source: 3 NIB pins in the past month.

#58 7 years ago

I started w 1...but currently have 3..AH AH AH AH

IMG_1642 (resized).JPGIMG_1642 (resized).JPG

#59 7 years ago

I only have one working pin but that doesn't make it right

#60 7 years ago

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus of no pins, used to be a regular in rec.games.pinball, back with LTG, Clay, Ray J. and others. This was back pre-Stern days, when the biggest controversy was Ken's Mirrored Balls..... For the longest time back then I had my 5 in the downstairs den, with one or two projects to restore in the garage. That number was sometimes much higher or lower depending on the bargains I found back then, as I was using restoring and selling them as a way to afford the hobby. Nowadays with pin prices 5 to 10 times higher compared to what used to buy them for 10-15 years ago I have to be much more selective and save longer. I have a MMr ordered thru a distributor and it will be my only pin for the next year or so. I do plan on playing in a pinball league to help with the variety issue. Plan on working my way up to 3 machines in several years, but with kids in college it will have to be a slow buildup. The days of buying a $500-800 WMS/Bally WPC pin off route, refurbishing it and selling them for $1500-2000 to buy the next 2 pins are over unfortunately.

#61 7 years ago

Depends how much you play, or how long you keep them. If its just a once a month head down and have a few games the sure one pin can do you. Or if you play it every day, youll probably get bored of the game after a few months and want to swap it out.

Your definately asking the wrong crowd though, lol

#62 7 years ago

Confession time: I only have one. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a few more pins, but based on my wife's reaction when I bought the TAF, I'm pretty sure she would veto a second one. Don't you guys have wives? What do you say to them?

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from b_vest:

Don't you guys have wives? What do you say to them?

When my wife and I bought our house, we had a deal. I got one room to do whatever I wanted and she got to decorate the rest of the house.

I've chosen to fill my room with pinball machines.

#64 7 years ago

I Have only one game. Theater. I am very much of the less is more category on games. I truly love this hobby. I want a couple more, though one is not enough.

#65 7 years ago

I had up to 4 games at one point, and I've found that 1-2 suits my space and desire for now.

I used to think I would get a game and keep it forever if I liked it. Now I'm more content to have 1 or 2 machines and enjoy them thoroughly, rotating them out every once in a while.

I'm also not personally interested in the reusable cab concept (P3, Heighway). That's not to say I won't like their individual games (Alien, etc..), but I don't really care about swapping games in a cab.

#66 7 years ago

You HAVE to have more than one. What do you play when you are working on the others?

#67 7 years ago

I got an STLE as my first pin. I got a second and third (IMVE came out and found a nice LOTR) because I was afraid if I only had 1 machine I would get burned out on that pin. I liked STLE too much to risk getting tired of it. I play all of them all the time still. Now my problem is I'm out of room and I cant pick a machine to go...

#68 7 years ago

Currently at 2 pins, but for awhile GOT PRO was my only pin. It's a great single pin with so many strategies, speed, and adrenaline. Have had it for 1 1/2 years. I used to have 5 pins but had to sell them off to pay medical bills. Building my way back up (at a snails pace), but No way could I live with just one.

#69 7 years ago

I am a total newbie to home pinball collecting, and AFMr will be my first pinball machine and my only pinball machine for a long while unfortunately.

#70 7 years ago

Pinball appetite is insatiable. Stop kidding your self and those in your life. The first step in addition is to admit. The sooner you realize this, the better off the people around you will be. When you realize this you'll stop with the "if I had just one more..." or " I'll be happy now that I have XYZ"

I have been to some people's homes who have over 50 really nice pins and they can't wait for the next purchase. They want more.

#71 7 years ago

I have one pin. I change it every 3 months.

#72 7 years ago

I am in the process of moving 50 of my pins to another location, right now 1 pinball ownership is a tempting thought

#73 7 years ago

SPFXTed. Otherwise, nope. Nobody else.

#74 7 years ago

I remember when I only had one but that one somehow grew to 90 and now whittled down to 70.
Used to have a wife too, the pins ended up being a whole lot more fun in the end.

#75 7 years ago

Been collecting for 13 years I started at 2 pins then gradually up to 5 pins for the first 8 years. I sold 4 and added 9 in the last 5 years for total of 10.

Looking for something new like TA to be next.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

The Foosball made way for more pinball. The darts got to stay...

I've got a foosball table I'm looking to get rid of... haven't told the wife why... but I miss having an EM and am thinking about sneaking one into the trailer when I'm in Allentown!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#77 7 years ago

The last time I only had one machine - 1984.

#78 7 years ago

I started with one about a year and a half ago. I personally get bored playing the same one over and over.

my second machine was a virtual pin (I bought it from virtuapin.com). It's obviously never going to compete with real pinball, but I like it mainly because you can try out and learn the rule sets and strategies to other games. makes it a lot easier then watching or reading a tutorial. The physics aren't half bad on visual pinball. the only thing that kinda sucks is the analog nudging. If that aspect somehow improved it would be soooo much better.

#79 7 years ago

My every machine is the last ONE

#80 7 years ago

One machine is still more than acceptable to some people. This local location has stood stalwart for over 35 years.

FB_IMG_1492676714006 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1492676714006 (resized).jpg

#81 7 years ago

My plan was to only buy one for my game room.
That plan didn't last long and I added 25 more.

#82 7 years ago

I told myself I would be satisfied with 1, as countless others have. Then I'd be satisfied with 2, then 3, then 4. I now have 5 and have to be satisfied because I am in a 1 bedroom apartment and can't fit any more!

#83 7 years ago

I was happy with one but then I discovered Pinside and it was beat into me that one is not enough.

#84 7 years ago

If you really like pinball then one cannot possibly be enough.

But if you're furnishing a nice family room and just want one pinball machine to be a novelty that will set your family room apart from most others, then that one game will be just fine...unless you get hooked on playing it and start looking for more information on other pinball games and wind up hanging out here on Pinside.

#85 7 years ago

My wife and I put down the deposit for our second NIB pin before we even got the first one. We have space limitations so we can't really fit more than two in the house at any given time so that's saving us from picking up any of the other great looking tables on the way.

#86 7 years ago

I find 6 is a very nice number. That said, I'm getting #7 this weekend and will be back up to 8 in a few weeks (my previous max). I think I could live with 4 but have the space and can spend the cash, so why not?

As far as what to tell the wife...my general line is that all my pins are liquid assets and if we ever really NEEDED the money, I could sell them pretty quickly. Very true statement. So, really, you're not really SPENDING any money when you buy a pin. Heck, savings rates are less than 1% Though not an investment, at least I'm getting more than 1% return in the way of FUN! She seems to buy my logic.

Hope that helps.

#87 7 years ago

kind of like shopping when hungry. careful.

#88 7 years ago

Games are so varied and different from one another and there are decades worth of pins to choose from, so just one won't really cover all your bases.

I wish I had space for 100 or more. Maybe someday I can open a pin museum....

#89 7 years ago

No, not just one. I'm not even sure you could live with 2. I am hoping to get away with 3 I really like and be happy with that b_vest get your wife into playing the game and having fun and building her skills. Then you can get the green light for another.

#90 7 years ago

it will never happen. It's like having a nintendo and only 1 cartridge. it's going to get old regardless how awesome the game is. It's not like a car, where you get the same use out of it .

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Games are so varied and different from one another and there are decades worth of pins to choose from, so just one won't really cover all your bases.
I wish I had space for 100 or more. Maybe someday I can open a pin museum....

I wish I could have 100+ pins too.
The main problem I see for myself with having too many pins is that it would go from being a fun hobby to a job, and I already have one of those.

#92 7 years ago

I had 1 pin for about 8 years.... finally got my second one a little over a year ago.

#93 7 years ago

im down to 11 now and freaking out, used to having more!

#94 7 years ago

I have 1 currently, with an AFMLE on order. I had 10, but realized I couldn't afford that many at once, so building my collection slowly this time.

#95 7 years ago

I didn't realise you can buy them in ones.

#96 7 years ago

I've sold pins to people that keep just the 1 game. People that only have 1 do not know about pinside, nor do they care. Thus, they will not be commenting on this thread.
In case you're wondering the singles are: Gottlieb - Sure Shot, Bally - Bobby Orr Power Play, Stern - Meteor
Soon will be 2 more singles: Stern - Cheetah and EBD

#97 6 years ago

I bought my first pin and was satisfied, that lasted for 22 days.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

One machine is still more than acceptable to some people. This local location has stood stalwart for over 35 years.

Looks lonely...

#99 6 years ago

1 pin from 2007 - 2013. 6 years.
Now own 8. Wish I had owned more than 1 when my kids were younger. Many of my current pins were added after my oldest 2 kids left home. Should have added more sooner. That's my only regret.

#100 6 years ago

Had one as a kid for 19 years. Played it alot sold the system 1 for a system 8o in the mean time got old enough to get a job and now have more and always looking for another.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-just-1-pin-and-are-satisfied-with-that/page/2?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.