(Topic ID: 186866)

Anyone have just 1 pin and are satisfied with that?

By KozMckPinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1492676714006 (resized).jpg
IMG_1642 (resized).JPG
IMG_1862 (resized).JPG
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

I have MMR and missed the '90s resurgence of pinball completely. It's all new to me so I get to play these games fresh. I like playing on location for a "different" game experience rather than owning another pin. MMR is an excellent choice for HUO I think. Got a variety of arcade/gameroom machines and space for only 1 pin.

#2 7 years ago

I have one pinball machine. Sitting next to another...

#4 7 years ago

I think the only time I had only one, was 1973 and for about 3 days......always more than 1 after that!

#5 7 years ago

Like Lays potatoe chips, no one can have just one.

#6 7 years ago

You shut your dirty mouth with all this "one pin" talk...

#7 7 years ago

That's like having 1 beer.

#8 7 years ago

hahahaha

#9 7 years ago

Just 1 pin........Sorry, I don't understand the question?

#10 7 years ago

I had one table, for about a week...

#11 7 years ago

Started with just one... but will never return to those lonely days -- just doesn't look right by itself, needs a friend

#12 7 years ago

I have one currently! Always looking for more

#13 7 years ago

One is the loneliest number!

#14 7 years ago

Honestly if I had to have only one pin I'd rather have none because I would get sick of that pin after a while and never play it

#15 7 years ago

I remember when I said I would only own one pin...boy was I naive!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Honestly if I had to have only one pin I'd rather have none because I would get sick of that pin after a while and never play it

Was thinking of rotating it if that ever happens, like larger collection owners do.

#17 7 years ago

1 and holding.

#18 7 years ago

better to have one than none at all

#19 7 years ago

No.

#20 7 years ago

Move some of the "arcades/gameroom machines" and bring in at least another pinball machine. I think when it's all said and done my space will be filling with 6 pins, 2 arcades, and 1 chexx. That's a good ratio for me.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Move some of the "arcades/gameroom machines" and bring in at least another pinball machine. I think when it's all said and done my space will be filling with 6 pins, 2 arcades, and 1 chexx. That's a good ratio for me.

You're missing foosball and darts.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Was thinking of rotating it if that ever happens, like larger collection owners do.

I guess but it's going to happen pretty fast so be ready! Don't want to sound like a pinball snob but seriously 3 was the lowest amount that kept my interest going, man I do sound like a snob !

#23 7 years ago

I only have one physical pinball machine.
But I also have a MAME cabinet loaded with my favorite arcade games and some heavily-played pinball simulators like "Zaccaria Pinball"

#24 7 years ago

I had only one (pinball magic) for about a decade. Had a pool table and dart board in the game room as well and was pretty happy with my set up. Then I built a virtual pinball cabinet and started to get the itch to play those games in real life. Added twilight zone, the cyclone, Batman the dark knight, champion pub, revenge from mars, Star Wars ep 1, scared stiff, high deal, Metallica and rob zombie and now I seem to perpetually have one more than the amount of space I have. But I like this set up more than when I had a solo machine.

#25 7 years ago

You're missing foosball and darts.

The Foosball made way for more pinball. The darts got to stay...

#26 7 years ago

My daughter bought a jukebox last year off a guy and I seen his shop full of Pinballs....I bought one shopped and ready to go .
So since then........I gotton hooked ....I've been restoring/fixing them and I'm on #10

#28 7 years ago

Bwhahahahahahahaha...good one!

#29 7 years ago

Thought I was only going to have 1 (FT), then the room looked so empty....4 months later...3 more games...Ya need choices my friend.

#30 7 years ago

normal people are happy with only one machine,
pinsiders aren't normal

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

normal people are happy with only one machine,
pinsiders aren't normal

Normal people don't own pinball machines lol

#32 7 years ago

1 pin can work for some people. Space limitations aside, there is the situation of some one that moves a lot, will most likely have 1 pin until a permanent address has been achieved.

#33 7 years ago

Just bought my first two weeks ago, and I'm thinking about the next two I want to buy. It's a sickness.

#34 7 years ago

Your only one, Medieval Madness it is a great title. Perhaps sell a couple of your arcades to make room for more pinball they seem to have better lastability. Besides, most arcade games can be Consolidated by owning just one multi-cade. Then eventually you can reach the point when you are out of space or out of money.

#35 7 years ago

I have one for the past few years, can't decide on which one would be next. Use to think it would be a 90's era game but now I think it will be more recent game made, just waiting for the right title and new technology in games. I am in no rush, I am glad I have one. Do I play it all the time no, do I play a game whenever I find It in the wild ,yes as long as it works. Would I want a huge collection probably but have no desire to fix them as not a tech guru or have patience for it. I am in a pinball league and check this site a lot as one of my top three sites besides the NHL and Blabbermouth.net. So there you go it is possible. I enjoy and lucky to be in my pin league and playing just about every new or limited game that has come out.

#36 7 years ago

i started with 1
then pretty soon i had 2
then i had 3
then back to 2 and eventualy 1
now i want 1 more

my plan was to have 1 and swap now and then, but for a strange reason ( adiction? ) you keep looking searching wanting finding etc.

so, no
even if you have only 1, you know you want more
and probably 3 is the minimum

#37 7 years ago

I have One...
In my workshop being restored.
I'm picking up Friday.
I'm trying to buy from another Pinsider.
"Arcave" with 8 other pins. (Man cave doesn't work for us as the little lady plays nightly too.)
I play 3 games on a different one every day.

#38 7 years ago

I wish I had one of my own. But that will change soon. And once I have one, no doubt more are sure to follow. But if you can only have one, MM is not a bad one to have.

#39 7 years ago

I was happy with 1. but then wanted 2, then 3 and so on and on, and 11 later, still not happy, but I have run out of space....

#40 7 years ago

If the P3 is successful I will probably sell all my pins and just get one P3. It's great having multiple machines but I don't like having too much stuff in case I want to move.

#41 7 years ago

One pin? Time Warp was my first and it was like Gremlins getting wet and multiplied. No regrets. Enjoy all of them.
-Mike

#42 7 years ago

I have MMR and missed the '90s resurgence of pinball completely. It's all new to me so I get to play these games fresh. I like playing on location for a "different" game experience rather than owning another pin. MMR is an excellent choice for HUO I think. Got a variety of arcade/gameroom machines and space for only 1 pin.

IMG_1862 (resized).JPGIMG_1862 (resized).JPG

#43 7 years ago

I know two people with single pins. One has a Twilight Zone, the other has a High Speed and both enjoy their machines. Neither would ever be here talking about pinball though. There are probably thousands of casual game fans out there like that, you're just never going to hear from them.

#44 7 years ago

One pin...I thought you said just one more... never mind, I definitely shouldnot be involved with this post.

#45 7 years ago

depends on the pin, if it's say magic girl you might want another.

I find if you have 1 pin or 50, you always end up just pushing the start button on the "newest one"

#46 7 years ago

I'm like the fundamentalist Mormon of pinball owners. I like to keep 10 or 12 and play with a different one every night.

#47 7 years ago

I got BSD first and within a couple months I had a TOM. Then that got traded for a LOTR. Then over the next couple years I added a TOTAN, CONGO, STTNG and a TS. I had 6 at my highest point. And many were older games not in great condition and it became tough for me to keep them all playing. So I slowly sold and traded down to 3 newer Sterns which are MET, IMVE and AC/DC Prem.

They have zero issues and I can just enjoy playing them. I think I would get bored with only 1 pin though. At least 2 pins will keep it from getting repetitive right away. Even with 3 pins I am at a point where it's time to trade something out and try something new.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

1 and holding.

Holding 47 more.

#49 7 years ago

And that's another NO........HELL NO.

#50 7 years ago

I had 5 games at one time. Sold them all and got a nib GoT premium. I've had it for over a year and still love it, its not going anywhere. I used to have a virtual pin that I built myself, it had about 175 games on it and I only played a couple of them repeatedly.

I plan to get an AFM in a couple years and maybe a TSPP at some point but I'm no longer concerned about quantity, I'd much rather a couple quality games.

1 great game is better then a dozen "C" and "D" list games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 210.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-just-1-pin-and-are-satisfied-with-that and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.