(Topic ID: 16135)

Anyone have installed pics of the different colored Deadworld mod rings?

By ReWrite

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TopScoreGameroom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC01553.JPG
JD026.jpg
JD025.jpg
JD024.jpg
JD012.jpg
JD011.jpg
JD010.jpg
6053432429_0b22654e75_z.jpg
6053431421_ef71957fa9_z.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Trying to decide which one to buy. Would love to see some installed so I can decide which color to go with. Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

Here are some pics of mine. It's pinkish I guess. My original one was a dull orange. It looks a lot brighter.

6053431421_ef71957fa9_z.jpg 6053432429_0b22654e75_z.jpg

#3 7 years ago

Pink ones look the best : ) have that color on mine looks great!

#4 7 years ago

Here's mine with the green ring and green LEDs before I sold it.

RussMyers

JD010.jpg JD011.jpg JD012.jpg JD024.jpg JD025.jpg JD026.jpg

#5 7 years ago

Here is mine with the light blue ring. I am using blue 4+1 led's and a 13 led red flasher in the planet from Cointaker. I also spaced the light board in the trough down about an inch and added directional led's to give it a brighter and more even look.

I must say that I was very disappointed in the lack of support from Pinbits or even the courtesy to respond to my question asking if they have any support. I sent two emails and added a note to my next order asking if they had any support for this mod with no response. Everything on the game tested fine, but it wouldn't divert any balls to the planet. Turns out that the chip they sell does not work with early production games. If your left ramp opto is near the ramp entry as mine is in the picture, their chip will not work properly and you need to get a copy of the original chip from http://www.ipdb.org.

DSC01553.JPG

8 months later
#6 6 years ago

Where did you get these different colors at? Pinbits only had red or orange when I ordered mine. Green and blue looks amazing!

1 week later
#7 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

Here is mine with the light blue ring. I am using blue 4+1 led's and a 13 led red flasher in the planet from Cointaker. I also spaced the light board in the trough down about an inch and added directional led's to give it a brighter and more even look.
I must say that I was very disappointed in the lack of support from Pinbits or even the courtesy to respond to my question asking if they have any support. I sent two emails and added a note to my next order asking if they had any support for this mod with no response. Everything on the game tested fine, but it wouldn't divert any balls to the planet. Turns out that the chip they sell does not work with early production games. If your left ramp opto is near the ramp entry as mine is in the picture, their chip will not work properly and you need to get a copy of the original chip from http://www.ipdb.org.

I like your set-up. I should have went for blue -vrs- the orange I bought. But--- I put some color changing LED's in the deadworld center and IT IS AWSOME! To me anyway. I need to snap some pic's, or better yet a video, of it. But the overall mood that results in the color changing is so eery to me that I am hooked on it. Btw, I am not a huge fan of color changing LED's either.

#8 6 years ago

I did a red ring (not the flourescent red) and it looked nice but I thought it was too dark and obscured the plastics under it. I sold the game but will try to find a picture so you see what I mean.

At pinbits, upon request they can make any color ring they have the material for. They had 6-10 options when I bought mine last year. Maybe things have changed.

#9 6 years ago

Damn...no pictures. My recommendation is go with a lighter color like the ones in the earlier posts, if Pinbits cooperates, that is.

#10 6 years ago

We have had great luck communicating with PinBits, (Pam). Have done 8 plus conversions and have had great function with the software/ring. Excellent mod, (or actually completion).

Troy
www.topscoregamerooms.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside