(Topic ID: 241363)

Anyone have dealings with Pinsider GenXRJDM ?

By TractorDoc

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by NicoVolta
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have a game in the marketplace and Pinsider @GenXRJDM is interested. I'm in Ohio. He is in Texas. I've started this thread with his permission to see if anyone can vouch for him or tell me about buying/selling experiences with him. I've sold and shipped a couple games to other pinsiders, but he has no feedback and minimal forum posting activity. We've had decent dialogue via PMs and I do not get the scammer vibe from him. . . but like I told him I don't trust anybody.

Thanks for any advice or feedback.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I have a game in the marketplace and Pinsider @GenXRJDM is interested. I'm in Ohio. He is in Texas. I've started this thread with his permission to see if anyone can vouch for him or tell me about buying/selling experiences with him. I've sold and shipped a couple games to other pinsiders, but he has no feedback and minimal forum posting activity. We've had decent dialogue via PMs and I do not get the scammer vibe from him. . . but like I told him I don't trust anybody.

Could always use escrow.com for the transaction.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Doc, I'm going to tell you what works. Old School. Take a personal check. Once the check clears the bank then you are free to ship. You don't ship until it is clear. Your bank can call the buyer's bank to verify funds are present before you deposit. That way do you don't risk returned check fees. Once that check clears it is a done deal. And if anybody is in such a big hurry that they cannot wait for their check to clear you don't want them, anyway.

No Paypal fees. No escrow fees. No credit card fees.

Talk to your friendly small town teller.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Doc, I'm going to tell you what works. Old School. Take a personal check. Once the check clears the bank then you are free to ship. You don't ship until it is clear. Your bank can call the buyer's bank to verify funds are present before you deposit. That way do you don't risk returned check fees. Once that check clears it is a done deal. And if anybody is in such a big hurry that they cannot wait for their check to clear you don't want them, anyway.
    No Paypal fees. No escrow fees. No credit card fees.
    Talk to your friendly small town teller.

That’s great for the seller but not the buyer. Both strangers have to trust the transaction here. Your solution is all one sided.

#5 2 years ago

Wire transfer too.

#6 2 years ago

I know all of the options, tactics, etc.

I also know about Vid's guide:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide

I'd still much prefer business in person, but in years past I've bought numerous tractors via sending a check/waiting for it to clear/getting it shipped to me without issues. Those people were willing to trust me but I would often provide them with references on my purchasing history.

I'm just a carbureted guy in a fuel injected world (I'm old school for the non gear heads) and want to know if any other Pinsiders have experience with J. In my business one of the best forms of reference is word of mouth; I suppose that is what I am looking for here. . . but in word of forum post.

#7 2 years ago

His name is Jeff. He is a stand up guy. I've known him for a couple years. He just had Keith Holbrook do a nice Diner resto that was at tpf.

He told me to look up this thread. He is going to have this time machine game restored for TPF next year.

The fact that he doesn't post a lot on pinside should give him a gold star. He has a job, fam, all that. He's a collector, not new to the hobby and does not flip games. You can trust him.

#8 2 years ago

If worked with Jeff twice before he has bought two games from us and is as sold as a customer as you can get!

JJ

#9 2 years ago

Hello guys JD is absolutely awesome!! I am
    A collector also and have about 15 machines in my collection, JD helps me move them all the time and I have loaded multiple machines to JD’s house. I work with him also and can attest that he is one of the most honest stand up guys you will ever meet. Not a worry in the world dealing with JD for sure.

#10 2 years ago

Great friends and a solid cat

#11 2 years ago

Thanks for the comments so far.

A morning post for the daylight crowd -- should have all I need to know by this afternoon.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

OK Mulder

#13 2 years ago

Sounds like a sale.

#14 2 years ago

What Zavadoza said. Jeff's good. We met when our kids were in gymnastics together years ago, then re-met at TPF 2 years back. He recognized me and we spent a good while trying to figure how we knew each other. I don't think we talked pinball when the kids were little - might have been before I got in the hobby.
    His Diner was awesome this year.
    I don't post often either, but DallasPinball or NicoVolta can vouch for me.

1 week later
    #15 2 years ago

Vouching for senor c0wb0y, who is responsible for cultivating my fondness for Bally's Dixieland. I have two now... need to thin the herd!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside