Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Anyone have the "no-pop" kits available for sale for Williams machines? The kit is installed in the game (connected to the sound board) to eliminate the loud pop when the game is turned on and off.There was a guy that used to sell them (Herb Schanke) but he doesn't respond to emails. Please let me know if you know of someone else that has them. TIA

#2 11 years ago

Last week on RGP they were having a close out sale or something.

#3 11 years ago

Try Rob Anthony. He had a few at expo.

#4 11 years ago

I'd be interested in these if someone found them

#5 11 years ago

Why? Is that pop bad for the machine in some way?

#6 11 years ago

I dont think it harms the machine at all. It's just a personal preference thing.

#7 11 years ago

I'm not familiar with RGP and couldn't find a thread for it when I went to search it. Do you have to be registered there to search for something? Can anyone tell me how to contact Rob Anthony? Thank you.

#8 11 years ago

gac...he goes by 'borygard' on RGP. Here is his web site. http://www.lockwhenlit.com/

#9 11 years ago

p.s. I also sent an e-mail to Herb so I'll let you know if I get a reply.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

gac...he goes by 'borygard' on RGP. Here is his web site. http://www.lockwhenlit.com/

He goes by the same name here on Pinside. You can PM him here. He'll respond.

#11 11 years ago

Thanks Cash. Will do. I recently bought one from Hank and he originally sent wrong instructions. He responded to that but since I hooked it up, there is now more noise than usual coming from the speakers when in attract mode. It eliminated the "pop" but there is definately more background noise now. When I asked him about this and inquired about buying another one, I never heard back. Its been several weeks. I know he said back when I ordered it (cause it took awhile to respond to my request to buy) that he was traveling alot and didnt always have access to email, etc.

#12 11 years ago

Sent Rob a PM. Vid1900 - Do you know if it was Rob selling them on RGP or someone else? Thanks

#13 11 years ago

Here's a how to make one if your good w/electronics...unlike me. : (

http://tuukan.fliput.net/nonoise_en.html

#14 11 years ago

p.s...gac...this may be the thread vid1900 was talking about...started in Sept. 2012 and had been recently acted on again...and it is Herb.

https://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/f0a4f98ed6bb1d97/db10e5d27580022d?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=WPC+no+pop+kits+#

#15 11 years ago

Thanks for the link cash

Anyone know what they sell for normally the Electrical side of things looks very straight forward.

#16 11 years ago

The 'blow-out' price of the No Pop 2 kits were $25.00 shipped in 2012. Back in 2007 they were $45.00 + $5.00 s/h.

#17 11 years ago

Hey Cash - You and me both... not good with electronics. I somehow got the link above for Herb back in January. It took a few days initially to respond to my offer tobuy one. I bought the one but again he hasnt responded to my question nor my offer to buy another one.

#18 11 years ago

They don't work as well as you think they do. On some machines I tried, there was virtually no change.

#19 11 years ago

I actually have these on 3 other machines and they work great. The last one (in FT) is the only one that has an issue. I know this last one was a "No-Pop Kit II". I wonder if this version is different in some way or where it is mounted could have something to do with it. Because the wires were shorter on this one, I mounted it to the back of the translite light board. My others were mounted on the back of the backbox above all the boards. Possible interference??

#20 11 years ago

>>>"Hey Cash - You and me both... not good with electronics."<<<

Maybe it's the Hudson Valley! ; )

I think the difference may have been the No-Pop 2 worked on more games.(see below from Ad)

This board is for ALL WPC games. It is compatible with all three sound
    boards used in the WPC line of games (the A-12738 sound board, the A-16917
    sound board, and the A-20516 audio/video board). While the same board works
    with all 3 WPC sound boards, the wiring harness for each sound board is
    unique and not interchangeable. So when ordering, be sure to specify the
    game (or sound board) that you intend to use the NO-POP 2 with so that I can
    ship the appropriate wiring harness.
    *** Please note, the WPC NO-POP 2 will eliminate the "pop" that comes from
    the speakers at start up and shut down. It will NOT eliminate the "screech"
    or second "pop" that some people have described that occurs a few seconds
    after the power is turned on.

#21 11 years ago

Hey Cash - You are in the Hudson Valley?

When I ordered it I specified the game it was going into (FT). He sent the correct wiring harness (I believe) but the wrong instructions. I just checked the thread you posted above and see that someone inquired and he responded in early March. Not sure why he never responded to my question or request to purchase another one.

#22 11 years ago

Yup...born and raised in Wittenberg....know it?

I haven't heard back at all. My pin has the 'screech' so it won't work any way. : (

#23 11 years ago

I've never heard of it. What county is it in?

#24 11 years ago

Ulster. I think your about 40 min. + away.

#25 11 years ago

Small world Cash. What machines do you have?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-any-no-pop-kits-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.