(Topic ID: 229162)

Anyone have any EM games they want to sell?

By gottliebgameroom

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

King of D 005 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20181117_143042834 (resized).jpg
    DSCN8512 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

EM's always seem to need tweaking time to time, regardless of brand. I have a dozen running and my worst offender has been a 70's Bally but have a Gottlieb Domino that currently needs three issues fixed. Gottliebs in general have short contact arms and seem to be very touchy in regards to contact point clearances. The other three major brands are more forgiving there.

Winners for highest reliability?

Williams Heat Wave which has not a single issue in over a year and Chicago Coin Moon Shot.

Both have been anvils since setup.

Keep in mind that these machines are incredibility complex electro-mechanical devices that are pushing 50 years of service. Not all were treated well, stored well nor serviced by the best people at times.

Your mileage will vary.

DSCN8512 (resized).JPGDSCN8512 (resized).JPG
    #50 5 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

+1 for Gottlieb reliability. The relays are precise and require fine tuning, but once adjusted, they don't go out.

Sooner or later anything goes out or they would not require refurbishment in the first place

Worst EM I had to work on was a Gottlieb Jungle King, spent weeks getting it to run right and would only do so for a week or two at a stretch.

That one machine made me swear off any further Gottlieb EM's, Domino is my last one.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I found Bally, Williams, and Gottlieb very reliable once totally gone through. I mean Totally.
    The main thing when having problems is when they're not played very often.
    I have machines set up that pretty much don't get played for almost a year, and even them
    rarely have problems, but when they do, they're usually an easy fix..
    I might add, the EM arcades usually need a little more maintainance than the pins..

Yes, usually it is easy fixing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-any-em-games-they-want-to-sell?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.