(Topic ID: 229162)

Anyone have any EM games they want to sell?

By gottliebgameroom

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

King of D 005 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20181117_143042834 (resized).jpg
    DSCN8512 (resized).JPG
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I need a reliable first pin. Preferably sort of close to the DC-Metro area and under $1000. I especially like Gottlieb wedgeheads.

#2 5 years ago

Reliability in a 40+ year machine will not last forever; you have to be prepared to answer the question "who will fix it when it breaks?" as all electro-mechanical pinball machines will have or will develop issues once you take possession. If you're handy, you'll learn to repair them and there's many very helpful people on this forum - e.g. HowardR - who are more than willing to provide guidance if you get stumped! Otherwise, unless you are willing to ignore problems (which do not make the machine inoperable,) be prepared to pay repair bills, because they will come.

#3 5 years ago

Reach out to NicoVolta , he runs the Roanoke Pinball Museum a couple hours away.
    https://roanokepinball.org/about/

#4 5 years ago

Once setup properly, EM's especially Gottlieb's are very reliable...

#5 5 years ago

got a really nice volley

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

got a really nice volley

Excellent chioce for a first game.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

got a really nice volley

Would you be willing to sell it?

#8 5 years ago

How about a King of Diamonds?

#9 5 years ago

What's the price?
    Working fine?

#10 5 years ago

Have a players quality Sweet Hearts wedgehead works 100%. Decent cosmetics except some touch-up around the head cabinet. Located in CT.Asking $550. LMK if interested

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from pintoys:

Have a players quality Sweet Hearts wedgehead works 100%. Decent cosmetics except some touch-up around the head cabinet. Located in CT.Asking $550. LMK if interested

Got any game images?

#12 5 years ago

If you don't mind games being on the east coast (Upstate N.Y.), I have add-a-ball machines. Mostly Wedge Heads..

#13 5 years ago

My Spirit of 76 was gone through in 2005 and my Sky jump also around 2007 so both have been running for 10+ year with only a couple light bulbs and re-rubbered them a few years ago but nothing has gone wrong. Nothing. Took both games to a show a couple times in there too! Very reliable.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from gottliebgameroom:

Would you be willing to sell it?

sure. i can send you a few pics or you can come play it

#15 5 years ago

Can’t go wrong with Volley - a great player with lots of drop tagets

#16 5 years ago

Just finished playing 3 games on Volley. Never gets old!

#17 5 years ago

Sure could you send a few pics?

#18 5 years ago

2" flippers ----- King of Diamonds and Sweet Hearts
    3" flippers ----- Volley, Sky Jump and Spirit of '76

#19 5 years ago

What's the price?
    Working fine?

Sent you a PM

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

2" flippers ----- King of Diamonds and Sweet Hearts
    3" flippers ----- Volley, Sky Jump and Spirit of '76

Are they for sale?

#21 5 years ago

Yes but these are not mine........

#22 5 years ago

are you selling them for someone? Whatever the case, what would you sell each of them for?

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

sure. i can send you a few pics or you can come play it

boilerman Could you send a few pics? I can take a look at those and tell you if I'm interested.

#24 5 years ago

boilerman Could you send a few pics? I can take a look at those and tell you if I'm interested.

pm me your email

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

pm me your email

Can't you just send me a pinside mail?

#26 5 years ago

That would be easier.

#27 5 years ago

Hmm

#28 5 years ago

Just to expound on the notion Gottlieb EMs are reliable. In the past 7 years, seven or less have been
    setup and working for charity, they have brought in and donated to local charity well over 20K in quarters,
    of which required nearly as much in labor and parts to keep going, all worth it but never again.
    The CC, WMS, Bally machines in the collection where never considered for this nearly decade long experiment
    because, they are not even close to 'industrial' to do the job on location. Its really that simple, GTB was
    King for a reason, they were built like Sherman tanks, and lasted. Good, bad or ugly, they worked, made
    money and are ideal for home or operation use even today. However, 1-2 bucks per play, 2$ for 3 play
    is the norm, and sadly no-flash EMs do the trick unless you hark for another time and era. The kids don't
    get it, their tricks are for just kids.

#29 5 years ago

They brought in 20K
    They required the same dollar amount in parts and labor.
    Williams Ems wouldn't cut the mustard because they aren't "Industrial"
    Drunk?

#30 5 years ago

Time to install, move, maintain over the 7 years, windshield time, WMS not as good as GTB, absolutely accurate. Yes, it would have been better and smarter to just donate the 40K and have been done with it from day one. Other than the experience, was a total waste of time for all involved. The upside, pinball on location for others, that is all. Drunk, no, just honest assessment and summary of a 7 year long experiment.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

pm me your email

Can you send images in Pinside Mail?

#32 5 years ago

Unfortunately, Pinside PMs do not include a photo attachment option. That's why you either post pics on a forum or go the separate e-mail route.

#33 5 years ago

As for reliability, even though you really should learn how to repair EMs if you want to have them, they should need a lot less repair in your gameroom than on location, where they would get a lot more plays. I've found that after a "break-in" period, where things that were probably ready to fail did, the EMs I've bought have been pretty reliable, including all big 3 manufacturers.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

As for reliability, even though you really should learn how to repair EMs if you want to have them, they should need a lot less repair in your gameroom than on location, where they would get a lot more plays. I've found that after a "break-in" period, where things that were probably ready to fail did, the EMs I've bought have been pretty reliable, including all big 3 manufacturers.

Got any you would be willing to sell?

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

pm me your email

Thank you @wolverinetuner, and @boilerman could you post a few in this forum?

#36 5 years ago

Got any you would be willing to sell?

Sorry, not right now, and I'm a long way from DC, although I did once drive to Delaware and back in 24 hours to get a Target Alpha (really like that pin)...

#37 5 years ago

Anyone here have a good starter pin that they could sell me for a good price?
    (EM only and working of course!)

#38 5 years ago

Just an idea, send a PM to some Pinsiders that have EMs listed in their collection, that live in your area and ask if they have any they want to sell (that aren't currently listed for sale). I drove to AZ and CA recently after doing this. Lots of nice pinball people out there. Good luck.

#39 5 years ago

Just seen this posting, but I have a College Queens prototype that's all shopped and working. This is the first time I've mentioned it to anyone but was going to list it for $850. Any interest let me know but I'm not willing to ship.
    Thanks
    John

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Just seen this posting, but I have a College Queens prototype that's all shopped and working. This is the first time I've mentioned it to anyone but was going to list it for $850. Any interest let me know but I'm not willing to ship.
    Thanks
    John

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Time to install, move, maintain over the 7 years, windshield time, WMS not as good as GTB, absolutely accurate. Yes, it would have been better and smarter to just donate the 40K and have been done with it from day one. Other than the experience, was a total waste of time for all involved. The upside, pinball on location for others, that is all. Drunk, no, just honest assessment and summary of a 7 year long experiment.

Just sold my Gottlieb Ems and intend to only purchase Williams or Bally in the future. Repair seems more intuitive, after repair performance durable. Gottlieb are pretty machines but some of those funky relays and steppers were a pain.

#42 5 years ago

If you have 30-40 GTBs, and 15-20 WMS, and 30+ 'also player' games, you begin to realize how nice, functional, lovely in design and art, and tank-like the GTBs are. Until that time, its maybe speculative at best. Just-sayin', its until then just speculative.

#43 5 years ago

Anyone here have a good starter pin that they could sell me for a good price?
    (EM only and working of course!)

Central Park $600

#44 5 years ago

EM's always seem to need tweaking time to time, regardless of brand. I have a dozen running and my worst offender has been a 70's Bally but have a Gottlieb Domino that currently needs three issues fixed. Gottliebs in general have short contact arms and seem to be very touchy in regards to contact point clearances. The other three major brands are more forgiving there.

Winners for highest reliability?

Williams Heat Wave which has not a single issue in over a year and Chicago Coin Moon Shot.

Both have been anvils since setup.

Keep in mind that these machines are incredibility complex electro-mechanical devices that are pushing 50 years of service. Not all were treated well, stored well nor serviced by the best people at times.

Your mileage will vary.

DSCN8512 (resized).JPGDSCN8512 (resized).JPG
    #45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

Central Park $600

Working?

#47 5 years ago

No issues? How's the backglass/cabinet/playfield/other cosmetics?

#48 5 years ago

CP is a nudger's game, worth buying, questionable at 600 as a project.

#49 5 years ago

+1 for Gottlieb reliability. The relays are precise and require fine tuning, but once adjusted, they don't go out. BTW, Volley is great.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

+1 for Gottlieb reliability. The relays are precise and require fine tuning, but once adjusted, they don't go out.

Sooner or later anything goes out or they would not require refurbishment in the first place

Worst EM I had to work on was a Gottlieb Jungle King, spent weeks getting it to run right and would only do so for a week or two at a stretch.

That one machine made me swear off any further Gottlieb EM's, Domino is my last one.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-any-em-games-they-want-to-sell?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.