(Topic ID: 260767)

Anyone have any Disneyland games with the wood formica?

By twinmice

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SuperMica
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5375 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I remember when i was younger, anywhere you went in Disneyland there were arcade games. I also remember they all had wood formica covering up the artwork even the pins. Anyone have a Vid or Pin from Disneyland with the wood formica still intact?

#2 4 years ago

As someone that grew up and still lives 15 minutes from Disneyland, I don't remember that at all. From the Main Street Penny Arcade, to the one by Space Mountain, they were regular games. Unless you are talking 1950s or some other area.

#3 4 years ago

No, back in the late 70's early 80's. I don't know if it was all the games but quite a few had the wood formica on them. They even had games back in the Country Bear Jamboree. Could be wrong, but that's what i recall.

#4 4 years ago

Might have been that Bear Country arcade.

#5 4 years ago

I was JUST about to post about that arcade. I played Stunt Pilot and a couple of EM rifle games in that arcade back in the day. I remember it being a very "woodsy" feel in there so there very well could have been a game or two with wood formica on them.

#6 4 years ago

There was an awesome basketball game with bears.

#7 4 years ago

You won't find much on the internet about that Bear Country arcade. A while back I did however find where they used to sell shrunken heads in Adventureland.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You won't find much on the internet about that Bear Country arcade. A while back I did however find where they used to sell shrunken heads in Adventureland.

Still have mine I bought when I was a kid!

#9 4 years ago

Good luck if you ever want to drink Space Mist again.

#10 4 years ago

I bought the Bromley Little Pro from Disneyland, with a Serial Number and Formica over a new cabinet.
    Cost a bit to ship from CA to Florida.
    Sold it last year back to CA!

Much earlier, 24? years ago, a huge lot of Fortune tellers, Automaton, and 30s arcade from Disneyland went up for sale in Orlando. I managed a fortune teller, but almost all were stated at the auction to have been bought by David Copperfield.

2 years later
    #11 2 years ago

I recently acquired a FunHouse that has a Disneyland asset tag attached to the backbox hinge.

IMG_5375 (resized).jpgIMG_5375 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.