(Topic ID: 69158)

Anyone have an idea WT-heck is going on in this vid of my Pin?

By daveispinball

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The issue keeps evolving... now you can see in this vid... Game turned on (finally), could press start... no ball popped out so I used the captive to see what would happen. When I high different targets the loud knocker will go off randomly. When I sent the ball into the sewer it disappeared forever! It wouldn't pop out (I'll have to grab it myself)....

Any thoughts from the vid would be appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

Sounds like switch matrix - when you say random, is it really random or is it a certain set of switches that will fire the knocker? If so which?

Check the switch in the sewer as well.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Sounds like switch matrix - when you say random, is it really random or is it a certain set of switches that will fire the knocker? If so which?
Check the switch in the sewer as well.

Was doing it with both the right and left side targets. Seems to be quite a few.

Previously the machine would power up and the PIA light would stay on and the game wouldn't even initiate/go into attract mode (does it still sometimes).

#4 10 years ago

Not sure what I was thinking since it is not the switch matrix that controls the knocker so I don't know where to start on your main problem.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

The issue keeps evolving... now you can see in this vid... Game turned on (finally), could press start... no ball popped out so I used the captive to see what would happen. When I high different targets the loud knocker will go off randomly. When I sent the ball into the sewer it disappeared forever! It wouldn't pop out (I'll have to grab it myself)....
Any thoughts from the vid would be appreciated.
» YouTube video

A/C select relay not working.... Data East/Sega put the low use coils/flashers on the A side instead of the C side, so when the A/C relay fails the game is unplayable because the kickout coils can't fire.

You need to go into diag and try the solenoid test. If when going through the test a flasher fires instead on a coil or a wrong coil fires, this is the culprit.

I believe that Stern (data east / sega) put the A/C (left/right I believe is what the manual calls it) on solenoid 10. Check your driver circuit for solenoid 10 if the wrong coils fire for 1-9.

#6 10 years ago

I second the above statement. This is definitely the test you need to do first to verify whether or not the A/C relay has failed or not. Q29 is possibly the culprit as well.

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index1.htm#relays

and

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index2.htm#trans

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-an-idea-wt-heck-is-going-on-in-this-vid-of-my-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.