(Topic ID: 92365)

Anyone Have an All D List (as voted on by ratings/opinions) collection?

By davewtf

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I was wondering if anyone out there has a collection that was solely made by picking games that were largely panned but are actually good. I'm not talking about a five game collection based on games in the 50-100 ranking, i'm talking 5 or more games outside the top 200 and nothing in the top 100. Anyone?

Can you tell I'm avoiding doing something important that i should be doing right now?

#2 9 years ago

Interested in seeing how this one turns up. I am always looking for good games that are cheap

#3 9 years ago

I can imagine some interesting D-list themed collections.

How about an all-Premier no-license knockoff collection? Hollywood Heat, Gold Wings, Bone Busters, Raven
    All video game themes: Spy Hunter, MMPM, Baby Pac, Qbert's Quest, Joust*, Defender*, Space Invaders *more like A/B list

#4 9 years ago

I have a buddy that has a Jackbot, MM, BSD, and TAF.... If that doesn't stink of D list, I don't know what else does...

#5 9 years ago

I am just looking to see some interesting, non cookie cutter collections. NOTHING against those A list collections/collectors. Just trying to spotlight those guys/gals that do it differently. I am about to shake things up with my collection. I have been living in the cookie cutter world but honestly have only done that since i can't find the games i truly want. Wow, i got off topic there.

#6 9 years ago

i'm not your buddy, Palooka.

#7 9 years ago

Where's Gerry?

#8 9 years ago

I have
    WPT #182
    Spectrum #186
    Masquerade #51... for EM
    Pinball champ (not ranked)
    (soon) Catacomb #139
    The only Pin with a decent ranking I own is Whirlwind (#28), and it will be the next to go.

#9 9 years ago

I have an entire collection of EM's so i know it consists of non A-C titles.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have a buddy that has a Jackbot, MM, BSD, and TAF.... If that doesn't stink of D list, I don't know what else does...

I know a guy like that too. Small world!

#11 9 years ago

Egos on here are too big for anyone to admit that they have anything less than "A list" games.

#12 9 years ago

Not exactly the type of results you are asking for. Odd how these rankings do not appeal to everyone's taste. Time Warp is a much better playing game than the ranking of #252 dictates. A cleared smooth playfield set to 6-6.5 degrees with banana flippers makes for a very fast playing machine with some challenging shots. With regular flippers it takes the challenge out of it.

Firepower #94
    Black Knight #97
    Gorgar #108
    Blackout #117
    Flash #119
    Silverball Mania #189
    Jungle Lord #230
    Time Warp #252

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I am just looking to see some interesting, non cookie cutter collections. NOTHING against those A list collections/collectors. Just trying to spotlight those guys/gals that do it differently. I am about to shake things up with my collection. I have been living in the cookie cutter world but honestly have only done that since i can't find the games i truly want. Wow, i got off topic there.

While not exactly to your original specs, I would consider my collection to be titles that are "largely panned but actually good";

XM Pro = #54
    JM = #70
    LAH = #103
    NBAFB = #105
    Baywatch = #137
    Monopoly = #142
    Big Guns = #201

What's nice is that except for the NIB XM, I've been able to gather this collection quite affordably.

Funny thing is, aside from XMen the two bottom ranked ones would be last to leave. Having those 3 be my wife's favorites is a big part of that...

Later,
    EV

#14 9 years ago

No need to adhere to my rules. I am just looking for people who have "found pinball" in ways other than just buying all the highly rated games. Thanks!

#15 9 years ago

Diner #60
    Whrilwind #28
    Mousin' Around #137
    Radical! #187
    WCS94 #50
    Revenge From Mars #32
    Rapid Fire #Unrated
    Baby Pacman #286
    Baywatch #137
    Batman Forever #65
    Godzilla #178
    Viper Night Drivin' #290
    Starship Troopers #101
    Strikes 'N Spares #248
    Slugfest #242
    No Fear #92
    Judge Dredd #44
    Johnny Mnemonic #70
    3 other EM's.

#16 9 years ago

I have all D list games with the exception of MMR LE which I don't physically have yet. No A listers for me yet.

#17 9 years ago

My most recent pickups have been all D listers or worse and I am loving it.

TX Sector
    Rollergames
    Tee'd Off
    Whirlwind
    Robowars

heck, most people have never even played anything in that list besides whirlwind.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I have all D list games with the exception of MMR LE which I don't physically have yet. No A listers for me yet.

I think you're underrating yourself. Your games would be considered B's at worst. A lot of great themes there.

As for me, I really wish I had the space for D titles. I just can't bare to part with any of my current lineup. I envy the guys with space for 10 or 15 games who can really mix it up more. If only I had a basement or a barn.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I have an entire collection of EM's so i know it consists of non A-C titles.

There is a separate top 100 EM listing and North Star is #52. Now, if you had a Williams Super Star then I'd have to agree. But nobody I know has a Super Star in their collection...

#20 9 years ago

I thought that I had more in the D range than I do, who has been pumping up these shitty games?

#21 9 years ago

Mine is odd--8 classic Sterns, 3 classic ballys, FP, PM, Airborne, WPT--those are the "dogs."

Also have WH2O, DMoS, Stang (on its way), Congo, STLE, TZ, Shadow, TRON and ACDC Prem, Bride and WOZ

#22 9 years ago

How about a simple formula? total of ratings/number of games. Highest number has the crappiest collection.

I'm 132.18

#23 9 years ago

What is a D list a anyway?

I know there are over priced A list machines, then the other 98% of games
    And then there is Hurricane

There is something good about all games

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

How about a simple formula? total of ratings/number of games. Highest number has the crappiest collection.
    I'm 132.18

what to do for games that don't have a rating?

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

you beat me 110.77

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I'm 132.18

Mine is 81, you both have me beat. There must be something wrong with my calculations, I will calculate again.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

what to do for games that don't have a rating?

I left them out....Probably not the best way...

#28 9 years ago

Dave's number is 34

Time to shake it up and buy some turds!

#29 9 years ago

Pretty sure they refer to this as a George Riley collection

#30 9 years ago

Just from the games I found on the list, my average is 149.9. That doesn't include Super Mario Bros Mushroom World, which I found Super Mario Bros at 231. That would move my total to about 155 average.

And, I own at least a half dozen games not on the list, that I just know would not get many votes if they were.

If we just take my "worst 5" my average is 277.8.

What do I win?

#31 9 years ago

My number is 58 but I did own SouthPark. I believe I should be penalized to the 3 digit category.

#32 9 years ago

I got this for you Dave...

Buck Rogers
    Sinbad
    Eight Ball Champ
    Strikes and Spares
    Time Zone
    Night Rider

How's that for some dogs? Don't know what the rating is as I'm too freaking lazy to go look it all up. My boy is embarassed for me.

#33 9 years ago

A measly 57.5 for me, gotta get my # up. Somebody sell me an ID4!

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Somebody sell me an ID4

if only you were closer

#35 9 years ago

Only 1 out of 15, RCTC at 203. It's a fun game and my guests love it cuz it's "cute" and easy to play.

My "average" for 15 games is 84.8. The way I figure it if the letters A-D were given 25 points each that would make 100 points total so that would make my collection almost a B+. I think.

So goatdan, following that same logic your collection is an A+++

#36 9 years ago

My average comes in at 116.0

However, my next sought out title will lower that (Roadshow)

Later,
    EV

#37 9 years ago

I come in at 12.7. What do I win?

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Viper Night Drivin' #290

Viper is rated 290? Ouch. I've never played it but assumed it was much higher than that.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Street Fighter

#40 9 years ago

I was holding out hope for Shaq Attaq. Guess Street Fighter will have to do.

#41 9 years ago

I'm still baffled why Airborne and Goldeneye aren't in the top 100. Great games.

#42 9 years ago

With the exception of ACDC Premium (#5), I have mostly B,C, & D list games. Looking thru the list of the top 250 games, most of the pins that I would like to own are B,C,or D listers. This rounds out my collection:
    1. ACDC Premium #5
    2. Space Shuttle. #98
    3. Big Guns. #201
    4. Comet. #120
    5. Tee'd Off. #216
    I have a 128 average!

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

3 games that don't get shared enough

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Dave's number is 34

Time to shake it up and buy some turds!

I am hoping to change that average to 45, possibly 64 VERY soon.

Congrats on your whirlwind but i don't think that qualifies as D list or worse. lol.

#45 9 years ago

Something I can actually compete in with you guys. I got this.

Any machine that is not rated automatically receives a 299 (the next available number on the rating scale).

Black Hole - 84
    Flash Gordon - 88
    Gorgar - 108
    Sharpshooter - 299

For a winning average of 144.75.

No ramps. No regrets.

#46 9 years ago

We all know this is the biggest mistake in pinball!!!!

#47 9 years ago

Do I get to count my 3 non-rated games as a default 299 since the rankings go all the way up to 298?

With those games counted I am at 147.6, although I think I have some pretty awesome games.
    If I exclude those games I am at 82.7 which is a drastic improvement.

Regardless all pinball is good pinball and I rather be playing pinball than at work any day.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I am hoping to change that average to 45, possibly 64 VERY soon.
    Congrats on your Whirlwind but i don't think that qualifies as D list or worse. lol.

This particular WWind does. It needs some love before it is even playable.

I may just clean it up and move it along as something else just popped on my radar today (another game rated so low that it does not make the charts, but I think I would rather have it than WWind >> and buying too many games in a short spurt means I can't keep them all).

#49 9 years ago

haha wish we could keep them all

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I'm 132.18

(total of ratings / number of games) * (neediness) * (dress size)^2

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-an-all-d-list-as-voted-on-by-ratingsopinions-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.