6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Looking at getting some parts cut out of stainless sheet, but the cheapest commercial place I've been able to find still would end up charging me about $100 per part. Does anyone own a laser cutter or have cheap access to one that i could pay to have some stuff cut for a more budget friendly price by any chance?

#2 6 years ago

My library has a free one in their makerlab, do some googling.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

My library has a free one in their makerlab, do some googling.

None of the makerlabs anywhere near me can cut anything more than thin wood

1 week later
    #4 6 years ago

Don't you want to use a waterjet machine on steel? I thought steel generally absorbs lasers rather then cuts

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

Don't you want to use a waterjet machine on steel? I thought steel generally absorbs lasers rather then cuts

I would have thought that too but every place I've talked to said laser is best.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I would have thought that too but every place I've talked to said laser is best.

They are wrong, or they don't want to do the job. I would get 9 sets of these brackets made for fire at a time, was very cost effective and the vendor I use is happy to do them for a good price:
    http://www.randompinball.com/wfire

Every laser vendor I had quote them, they were twice the price. You need to find a good local waterjet vendor in NY, otherwise I can give you my contact and they could ship them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-access-to-a-laser-cutter?hl=linolium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.