(Topic ID: 16854)

Anyone have a used Williams wide lockbar they'll sell?

By ReWrite

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ReWrite
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I can't afford the $230 Marco asks for a new one, so I'm diving into the used market, who's got a spare they'll sell me?

Part numbers:

Williams #A-16055
    Williams #A-17996

Post edited by ReWrite : Part #s

#2 11 years ago

You might want to call JJP. He said they retooled the widebody bars and was going to bring the price down.

#3 11 years ago

Why isn't this a readily available part, and why is it so expensive?

#4 11 years ago

I thought mad had them for $100

#5 11 years ago

Shouldn't be too difficult for somebody with the right tools to produce.
    But maybe you need a license to make them.

#6 11 years ago

Mad has them for 109

#7 11 years ago

You might want to research the mad ones before buying. I think there were complaints that they came to a sharp point and would be uncomfortable on the hands

#8 11 years ago

I'm sorry, they're $295 on Marco. And out of stock anyway.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17996

If the mad ones are going to bite my hands I'll pass on those too. Surely someone has one from a parted out machine or something.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

You might want to research the mad ones before buying. I think there were complaints that they came to a sharp point and would be uncomfortable on the hands

If its bad ill return it... we will see.. worst case scenario ill grind it a bit.

#10 11 years ago

Mad Amusements had 2 kinds. One was made wrong, not rounded off, and had points on the corners. These could be had for less, he offered one to me for his cost just to get rid of them (I think $60 at the time). He had new ones manufactured that are rounded on the corners, just like the real thing. I saw them at the allentown show and they looked fantastic. Also, they were only $100, marked down $10 as a show special. I should've bit and bought one, but I didn't. You also need the foam for underneath as it doesn't come with it.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

You might want to research the Mad ones before buying. I think there were complaints that they came to a sharp point and would be uncomfortable on the hands ...

When I first picked up my STTNG, it had one of the lockdown bars with the sharp corners. I hated it! Fortunately, I found a guy on RGP selling a NOS one for $100.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

Mad Amusements had 2 kinds. One was made wrong, not rounded off, and had points on the corners. These could be had for less, he offered one to me for his cost just to get rid of them (I think $60 at the time). He had new ones manufactured that are rounded on the corners, just like the real thing. I saw them at the allentown show and they looked fantastic. Also, they were only $100, marked down $10 as a show special. I should've bit and bought one, but I didn't. You also need the foam for underneath as it doesn't come with it.

Good to know the new ones are better. Still looking for a used one if possible, or even one of the mishap Mad ones, for the time being price is more important than quality, haha. Only thing I need to be able to actually play!

#13 11 years ago

Is yours missing or broken? When I got DM the lockdown bar was in two pieces because the welds had come undone. Gorilla Glue worked great.

#14 11 years ago

How different is a wide body Gottlieb as I have one that I could on sell at a reasonable price. Bought for a project that never happened, just send me a pm, all needs is a polish and would be sweet.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Is yours missing or broken? When I got DM the lockdown bar was in two pieces because the welds had come undone. Gorilla Glue worked great.

Completely missing.

Quoted from swinks:

How different is a wide body Gottlieb as I have one that I could on sell at a reasonable price. Bought for a project that never happened, just send me a pm, all needs is a polish and would be sweet.

I don't know the answer to that... I'll PM you about measurements.

Does not look like the Gottlieb will fit, still on the lookout!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-a-used-williams-wide-lockbar-theyll-sell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.