(Topic ID: 183170)

anyone have a surf club and easy access to the back?

By baldtwit

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

reflex-surf_club-main (resized).png
IMG_5417 (resized).JPG
reflex1-surf_club-g556_reflex (resized).jpg
reflex1-surf_club-g556_reflex (resized).jpg
misc-surf_club-service_bulletin (resized).png
#1 7 years ago

while getting some info from John B. on his yacht club reflex unit, I took a look at the surf club diagram on the bingo site and am questioning my accuracy.

of course, I can't find a good picture of the surf club reflex unit wipers and contact plate, and frankly it's a complete non-issue since I'm concerned with wipers and rivets that aren't even used on surf club ... but since the units tended to be used in multiple machines, it may be more relevant to a different game.

attached is the diagram. The issue is the string of 41 and 42 rivets.  I'm betting the rivet labeled 41 at position 32 isn't there - or if there is a rivet, it isn't connected to the rest.

anyone with a game verify? Also, pictures of the contact plate and wipers would be great.

and just to make this post more useful, I found and added below a service bulletin on the game. Also added it to the bingo site.

misc-surf_club-service_bulletin (resized).pngmisc-surf_club-service_bulletin (resized).png

reflex1-surf_club-g556_reflex (resized).jpgreflex1-surf_club-g556_reflex (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

need to know if the rivet marked in red is actually there. I screwed up the diagram - either that rivet isn't there or I'm missing one in the 42 string.

a picture of the wiper side of the reflex unit would be great too.

reflex1-surf_club-g556_reflex (resized).jpgreflex1-surf_club-g556_reflex (resized).jpg

1 year later
#4 6 years ago

this came up again.

anyone have a surf club and can take pictures of the reflex unit?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

this came up again.
anyone have a surf club and can take pictures of the reflex unit?

IMG_5417 (resized).JPGIMG_5417 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

thanks dennis,

interesting extra rivets. Wonder if a previous game used a contact plate with that pattern and did something with them.

updated diagram below.

reflex-surf_club-main (resized).pngreflex-surf_club-main (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

Thanks Dennis and baldtwit - that updated diagram is also helpful to me, as I'm sure it is to many others.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-a-surf-club%c2%a0and-easy-access-to-the-back?hl=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.