Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by phishrace
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm looking for a swatch of mylar to cover something on my Breakshot. Anyone have a scrap piece laying around that I could grab?

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Exactly what size do you need?

#3 10 years ago

Wondering what you'd be covering on a Breakshot

The only thing I can think of it where the ball exits the shooter lane. That's the one piece I kept on my machine when I removed the mylar.

Hope you can find what you need. Sorry I don't have any

Chris

#4 10 years ago

I have some. PM me the info, hurry please before the stamp prices go up!

#5 10 years ago

You can just buy it at Staples.

#6 10 years ago

You can buy mylar swatches for $1.00 at pinbits... that will give you 2 extra for a rainy day
I just put a couple on my new restored STTNG they work great.

Here:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=323

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

You can just buy it at Staples.

Didn't know this pretty cool. Might go there next time.

Marco's has pre-cut sheets of many different sizes and standard pinball shapes. I bought two sheets for like $10 a piece. I've used multiple pieces on multiple machines. Has been nice to have.

#8 10 years ago

It's not called Mylar at office stores, though, because that's a trademark. I think Avery makes the same thing. You can google it to see what it's called. There are threads out there and I have the name in my briefcase but its at work.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. Just sent Leeb a pm.

My "Jackpot" insert in the center is damaged so I'm going to print another on decal paper and then cover it with a piece of mylar.

#10 10 years ago

In the mailbox, should get it by Saturday from here in Utah. Good luck with the fix.

Lee

#11 10 years ago

You can buy a 20 square foot roll for less than $20 online.

http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_sheets_rolls/mylar_rolls_clear/255

I mostly use the 5 mil, which costs a little more. If you have a plastics store in your town (like TAP plastics), they sell it by the foot. Use sharp scissors and you can cut it in any shape you want. When you buy a whole roll or by the foot, mistakes can be tossed in the trash without breaking the bank.

Quoted from pinmods:

My "Jackpot" insert in the center is damaged so I'm going to print another on decal paper and then cover it with a piece of mylar.

You handle is pinmods. You should have some spare mylar in your toolbox. You're making all the other modders look bad. d

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 209.00
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Caro, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-a-scrap-piece-of-mylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.