(Topic ID: 28949)

Anyone have a riveting tool in Ohio ?

By stephenshane237

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Just got a new plastic set for TZ and alot of plastics have light sckets that need riveted just seeing if anyone can do this near cleveland ohio, or I will have to send out to action pinball I think they have a riveting service

#2 11 years ago

As an alternative You should be able to pick up a rivet tool kiit for under $20 at Lowes or Home Depor if you want to do it yourself.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobertG:

As an alternative You should be able to pick up a rivet tool kiit for under $20 at Lowes or Home Depor if you want to do it yourself.

I don't think they carry the correct kind of rivet tool at those stores. Pins use tubular rivets, not pop rivets.

#4 11 years ago

those or only for pop rivets I believe not for flat pinball rivets like used in willams games

#5 11 years ago

If you only need to do a couple I have had success with a large flat head punch and hammer. Just be careful not to slip or over drive rivet

#6 11 years ago

I can help. Send me an email, I'll actually be in medina tomorrow morning for a meeting so could pack up whatvwe need or you can bring out to do what you need done here...

Bill

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from stephenshane237:

those or only for pop rivets I believe not for flat pinball rivets like used in willams games

Ok I don't know if it matters though. I've always used pop rivets on the games I've needed to rivet (such as CFTBL snackbar and WCS inlane).

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobertG:

Ok I don't know if it matters though. I've always used pop rivets on the games I've needed to rivet (such as CFTBL snackbar and WCS inlane).

It might *fit* and it might *work*, but if you want original appearance, you'll use the right tools and parts.

I have riveting tools in Indiana, I'm 90 minutes from Cincinnati, to the West

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-a-riveting-tool-in-ohio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.