12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Shane300zx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Anyone have a ni-waumpf board they have no use for? Im needing it for my sons black hole. PinMike sent me a board and it worked great for some time but it went on the fritz also. Im also seeing that rottendog is coming out with a system 80 mpu also i wonder how much better or worse it compare's to the oem and the wi-waumpf. I have paypal standing by.

#2 12 years ago

Hello shane, I have a system80 machine and my advice to you is to purchase a Pascal Janin board. I'd do that or have all the ground mods done on your Blackhole; even then you'll have some issues. The pascal all-in-one will make your machine damn near bulletproof! They are around $350-$400 but they are more than worth that especially if you consider the one board replaces 3 boards (power,MPU,and driver) all at once. The only board you keep is the sound board and he's gonna offer those eventually. This board corrects all the inherent problems with system80 boards. Ask opinion on this site and you'll see positive things said of pascal. I'll posts the lists for system80 games he's covered to date and his e-mail so you may contact and question himself. E-mail [email protected]

here is the LIST OF IMPLEMENTED GAMES as of 11-January-2011 :
    >>
    >> System80 :
    >> - mars god of war
    >> - panthera
    >> - spiderman
    >> - circus
    >> - pink panther
    >> - time line
    >> - grand 8 (european kit from Christian Tabart, based on panthera)
    >> - haunted house
    >> - black hole (both speech 'domestic' version and non speech 'export' version)
    >> - eclipse

#3 12 years ago

As much as id love one of those boards,it is way too far out of my budget. I have already done all the ground mods along with the rectifiers and the power supply caps. It seems that the only thing left is to get a good mpu to replace the ones i have faulty. Beleave it or not the cpu pinmike sent me was in worse shape do to battery corrosion then the one it replaced and pinmikes worked for a short time. The deal breaker is i have been telling him im gonna order the parts for his pin to fix it and he kinda broke my balls yesterday when i surprised him with a pumpkin. I got home and he ran to the back of the car and i cracked the trunk and said "GUESS WHATS IN HERE" and he says stuff to fix my pinball and i looked at his mom and said its about time i should get to that. Got my new credit card yesterday with a $200 limit looked on the ni-waumpf website and its 200.60 shipped tried to run the card and got denied over .60 can you believe that? So i figured id reach out and see if i can pick up a second hand board.

#4 12 years ago

Have you checked out Pinballresource for a board??? Unless you can find a member that has one $200 is about what one will cost. Wish I had an extra to send ya but I don't. Hopefully someone may come up with one. Good luck and I'll check some repair guys I know for a board and get back to you to see if you've gotten one yet.

#5 12 years ago

Yep have checked pbr they are out of system 80 boards. They have 80a and 80b but would i be better off getting a rebuilt oem for the same price as an new aftermarket that will be easy to find replacement parts for. Thanks for your help RWH.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-a-ni-waumpf-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.